Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

Roostfactor wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 19:13
PlatinumZealot wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 03:18
Ooh. A RedBull Powertrains engine with a Honda sticker! :mrgreen:
All the down votes over a joke?
Welcome to F1 technical. Little do these new boys know that i joined this thread earlier than most of 'em!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Roostfactor

PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 00:22
Roostfactor wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Welcome to F1 technical. Little do these new boys know that i joined this thread earlier than most of 'em!
15 years ago!!! I've been here for 7 years and enjoy your posts....even if you're not a Honda guy, you seem fair and are definitely a positive contributor to the forum.

I was just surprised at the negative votes for an obvious joke. I guess some don't understand your humor. Regardless I upvoted it and let's get back to business.

Round 1 starts in 10.5 hrs!

AR3-GP

Roostfactor wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 02:30
PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 00:22
Roostfactor wrote:

15 years ago!!! I've been here for 7 years and enjoy your posts....even if you're not a Honda guy, you seem fair and are definitely a positive contributor to the forum.

I was just surprised at the negative votes for an obvious joke. I guess some don't understand your humor. Regardless I upvoted it and let's get back to business.

Round 1 starts in 10.5 hrs!

We have a meme thread for jokes. It is here: viewtopic.php?t=29978&start=15

This is the technical side of the forum so it's quite common for non-technical input to get downvoted or simply removed by moderators. Content filtering is much more strict here than other social media.

Wazari

PlatinumZealot wrote:
I thought it was funny. :lol:

I would think everyone knows who is responsible for what's under the engine covers.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

Roostfactor

Wazari wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 03:00
PlatinumZealot wrote:
I thought it was funny. :lol:

I would think everyone knows who is responsible for what's under the engine covers.
People here should!

organic

johnny comelately

organic wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 10:57
Well, I eat my words regarding iris inlets...

etusch

The guy in this video claims that F1 engines uses passive pre chamber for combustion. What do you think about it ? When they run engines high rpms and good amount of fuel to fill a passive pre chamber it seems to me possible.

Wazari

etusch wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 14:11

The guy in this video claims that F1 engines uses passive pre chamber for combustion. What do you think about it ? When they run engines high rpms and good amount of fuel to fill a passive pre chamber it seems to me possible.
I think he is spot on in theory. Needs to be a little more creative as to where the pre-chamber might be located and if its truly passive.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

Sasha

I like volcano 🌋 like PC in the crown of the piston.
Fuel is injected into the crater with some of it leaking out into the CC.
TDC the fuel in the crater is ignited and flame jets exit the crater to ignite the very lean fuel mixture in the CC.
At the edges of the CC the heat caused by compression and front thermal wave of the jet flames you have thermal ignition.
Last edited by Sasha on 07 Mar 2023, 05:41, edited 1 time in total.

gruntguru

etusch wrote:
viewtopic.php?t=30363
je suis charlie

Zynerji

Wazari wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 02:59
etusch wrote:

I think he is spot on in theory. Needs to be a little more creative as to where the pre-chamber might be located and if its truly passive.
Sounds like an interesting clue here. Maybe the pre-chambers are really in the valve faces...🤔 Heck, you could even lap the valve itself into the piston, then bump it with the cam to compression ignite it. 😏

Roostfactor

Zynerji wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 06:52
Wazari wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 02:59
etusch wrote:

Sounds like an interesting clue here. Maybe the pre-chambers are really in the valve faces...🤔 Heck, you could even lap the valve itself into the piston, then bump it with the cam to compression ignite it. 😏
@Sasha already stated how the Honda design is likely working.
Volcano (Mt Fuji) piston design with pre chamber in the piston.

gruntguru

Guys watch the Pat Symonds video viewtopic.php?t=30363. The pre-chamber is in the wall of the main chamber and works as per the Mahle TJI system minus the extra injector in the pre-chamber.
je suis charlie

Cbckly917

Some lovely official shots of the RA621H recently posted on Honda's media website.