F1 Fantasy League 2023

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
nevill3

Re: F1 Fantasy League 2023

I have re-entered the code from first post (39871502) and my team has re-appeared thanks BorisTheBlade for helping sort this glitch. Could you now pop over to Mercedes and help them :twisted:
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

BorisTheBlade

nevill3 wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 04:00
I have re-entered the code from first post (39871502) and my team has re-appeared thanks BorisTheBlade for helping sort this glitch. Could you now pop over to Mercedes and help them :twisted:
Great!
Well, I am not so sure if Mercedes - under the budget cap - would be able to pay that much of what I quite literally consider to be a pain compensation :lol:

Bisonas

I will be 100% honest with you. It's my first time in Fantasy GP but i have taken part many times in the official F1 Fantasy.
The Predictions make Fantasy GP more of a lottery/gamble game. The amount of bonus points you can get through Predictions is making it a bit of a lottery. One DNF can have a huge impact on points because it is also changing the predictions bonuses . Not just the driver/team points.
The Official F1 Fantasy IMO leaning more towards F1 knowledge/strategy than Fantasy GP.
That's just my opinion others may have a different opinion. It's understandable.

hollus

This is truly a nasty change to introduce last moment:

Original version of the rules:
hollus wrote:
18 Feb 2023, 15:45
A reminder that team changes are free until the third race (is this new? Was it the second race last year?), and then there are 6 free changes for most users.

From the rule set:
All players benefit from unlimited changes until the lockdown for the third race weekend, to allow some experimentation and then players free changes allocation will be limited, as laid out below:

Rookie/Rookie Plus – 6 free changes per season
Pro – 15 free changes per season
Pro Elite – 40 free changes per season

Every change over and above the allocation will cost 10 points. As you will quickly determine, these penalties can quickly add up.
New version of the rules:
All players benefit from unlimited changes until the lockdown for the second race weekend, to allow some experimentation, and then players’ free changes allocation will be limited, as laid out below:

Rookie/Rookie Plus – 6 free changes per season
Pro – 15 free changes per season
Pro Elite – 40 free changes per season
So, despite my previous comment, free changes stop with the next qualifying!
Rivals, not enemies.

Stu

nevill3 wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 00:54
I have been in this league for years but this year my team is not showing up, and when I try to use the code from the first post in this thread I am informed that I am already a member. I would be 10th or 11th after todays race so am loath to exit the league and re-join just in case any previous points ( the only points) are not included if you join mid season.

Does anybody know how to sort this or will I miss out this year??

Team name is "NEVILL3 B52 TEAM RACING"
Same here, I also had the same issue as graham, my predictions disappeared!! (Also would have netted a decent points haul!!)
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

hollus

You guys can rejoin now. They fixed thst issue. No need to exit and the points will follow you in.
Rivals, not enemies.

Stu

Done! Just a shame that it disappeared my bonus predictions.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

BorisTheBlade

Bisonas wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 18:06
I will be 100% honest with you. It's my first time in Fantasy GP but i have taken part many times in the official F1 Fantasy.
The Predictions make Fantasy GP more of a lottery/gamble game. The amount of bonus points you can get through Predictions is making it a bit of a lottery. One DNF can have a huge impact on points because it is also changing the predictions bonuses . Not just the driver/team points.
The Official F1 Fantasy IMO leaning more towards F1 knowledge/strategy than Fantasy GP.
That's just my opinion others may have a different opinion. It's understandable.
I am with you. As I am a rookie in both, I still need to come to terms with the rulesets. While the general points system makes more sense to me at F1GP, the predictions as well as the pay to win benefits are clear downsides.

@hollus
Thanks for sharing the changes. Are they somehow mad to change such rules at the last moment?

CMC
CMC

BorisTheBlade wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 23:50
the pay to win benefits are clear downsides.
Agreed, though no matter how small the cost may be, there is no chance I'd pay real money to gain an advantage in a fantasy sports league with nothing tangible to be gained by winning. :)

Stu

Like a performance enhancing drug!!

chrisc90

Ahh the Jeddah bonus question is sooo funny!

How many race penalties will ocon receive.

:lol: :lol:

BorisTheBlade

Hello FantasyGP-mates,

one of my main critics of the FantasyGP-platform is the "pay to win" approach - especially regarding data and statistics. This is IMHO the single most interesting aspect of any Fantasy ... platform.
So this is why I am in the process of creating some analysis spreadsheet ATM, were only public information that unpaid-subscribers have access to, is used. As soon as I am pleased with the result, I will surely share it with you.

Sadly I am missing some information, that was publicly available, but is not anymore.
Does anyone have the initial/past-Bahrain Drivers/Teams market values as well as the ones after Saudi Arabia handily available?

hollus

I have it, but I am 2 days away from my computer. PM in 2-3 days if I forget.

Edit: PM sent.
Rivals, not enemies.

BorisTheBlade

So how is everyone faring so far?
Yesterday I pulled the trigger and made a rather huge reshuffle of my driver setup.
Stroll did not seem to pick up enough steam in order to sacrifice another slot - so I went more for an extreme Grid. Having no regrets regarding him making big position gains today.

Is the Meta for everyone to at least have AMR and ALO on the roster or are there competitive builds without them out there?

BorisTheBlade

Oh, and regarding the official F1 Fantasy game:
The pricing for the assets is still broken beyond repair. If they do not finally pull their heads out of their ar**s, the whole game becomes borderline senseless.
The current Meta is RBR, AMR, VER, PER, ALO. Anyone not having all of them on board is outright lost. So everything boils down to the last two driver slots and such exciting decisions like picking Zhou over Tsunoda or vice versa ](*,)