Ferrari SF23

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Vanja #66

Re: Ferrari SF23

No, no, the difference is clear. The yellow line might be misleading since that edge flicks outboard so not sure about that, but blue lines showing height difference are 100% accurate.

And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

gordonthegun

Vanja #66 wrote:
06 May 2023, 11:53
No, no, the difference is clear. The yellow line might be misleading since that edge flicks outboard so not sure about that, but blue lines showing height difference are 100% accurate.

https://i.ibb.co/1fStVW1/2023-miami-ferrari.jpg
Alright, you convinced me, this is a big relief for me, thanks :P =D>

This pic too, seems to confirm our theory: the leading edge of the floor inlet seems to lower less going from the bodywork to the outside, leaving higher the external wall. [-o<

codetower

If the car on display was Carlos' car, then that must be the one with the upgrades, according to the official "Car display procedures":
Between 12:30 and 13:30 on Friday, one car from each team must be positioned in the same way as last season, with the other car positioned and available for viewing inside your garage. If only one car will carry the major aerodynamic and bodywork components and assemblies that have not been run at a previous Competition or TCC and are intended to be run at the Competition, this car must be the one displayed to media.
https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files ... cedure.pdf

gordonthegun

codetower wrote:
06 May 2023, 13:36
If the car on display was Carlos' car, then that must be the one with the upgrades, according to the official "Car display procedures":
Between 12:30 and 13:30 on Friday, one car from each team must be positioned in the same way as last season, with the other car positioned and available for viewing inside your garage. If only one car will carry the major aerodynamic and bodywork components and assemblies that have not been run at a previous Competition or TCC and are intended to be run at the Competition, this car must be the one displayed to media.
https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files ... cedure.pdf
So, we are wrong, as we wrote that the changes are on the car not displayed to the media (without the cap on the sidepod intake). #-o

Or Ferrari might have been smart declaring to the FIA that they did't know before testing if the changes "were intended to be run at the Competition". :o

ing.

gordonthegun wrote:
06 May 2023, 12:24
Vanja #66 wrote:
06 May 2023, 11:53

https://i.ibb.co/1fStVW1/2023-miami-ferrari.jpg
Alright, you convinced me, this is a big relief for me, thanks :P =D>

This pic too, seems to confirm our theory: the leading edge of the floor inlet seems to lower less going from the bodywork to the outside, leaving higher the external wall. [-o<

https://cdn-2.motorsport.com/images/mgl ... ail-1.webp
Looking at that SIS “pimple”, it’s hard to imagine what changes at the front of the sidepods can be in the works for Imola, if the new sidepods rumours are to be believed.

Possibly they could reduce the max. section at the lower mid-sidepod area or relocate this fore/aft to create a more advantageous pressure environment for the floor, if needed.

Alternatively, changes to the upper surface bathtub or cooling exits could be part of the package. Wonder if any possibility of a downwash design—if not, they’ll be, with Haas, the last holdouts.

hollus

Speculations, please, lets keep the car threads focused and speculate in the team threads instead. Future updates, to be analyzed when they actually appear, unless the source is the team itself. Thanks.
Rivals, not enemies.

vorticism

motorsport.com

𓄀

GrrG

Vanja #66

At least someone caught up with floor leading edge changes, 48 hours later :mrgreen:

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie

gordonthegun

Vanja #66 wrote:
08 May 2023, 09:00
At least someone caught up with floor leading edge changes, 48 hours later :mrgreen:
It was difficult, the position is not so exposed. But the question is: is it better than the previous one?
The floor is perhaps the most important upgrade, but it seems that the car got worse yesterday.

I hope it may be a matter of understanding it "on track" to find the right setup of the suspensions and so on.
Last edited by gordonthegun on 08 May 2023, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.

Vanja #66

gordonthegun wrote:
08 May 2023, 11:43
The floor is perhaps the most important upgrade, but it seems that the car got worse yesterday.

I hope it may be a matter of undertanding it "on track" to find the right setup of the suspensions and so on.
Only Leclerc's car got noticeably worse after Q, which is most likely due to improper repair and post-repair setup. It was reported already on Friday the floor is an improvement and will be used further.

#Aerogimli
#BlessYouLaddie

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

Leclerc's car got worse than the other FERRARI because of Leclerc's chose of set-up and nothing to do with repairs after the accident. At least according to him it was his set-up chose.

Sevach
Sevach

Vanja #66 wrote:
08 May 2023, 09:00
In all the preceding years leading to the 2022 regulations "new floor" meant, changes to the floor lateral edges.
Because of that when a team says "we have a new floor" everybody spends days looking straight at the edges of the floor trying to find something lol.

Only later it occurs to everybody, oh yeah the tunnel entry... maybe i should look at that.

zioture
zioture

I have many doubts that the venturi channel has been changed
Here is a comparison in the same perspective, Sainz in Miami Saturday. The channel is the same

vorticism

GrrG wrote:
07 May 2023, 19:52
Elephant in the room... Why don't Ferrari run an edge wing? Are they still using an ice skate? Despite the floor edge being raised. The floor raising is probably why RB ditched the ice skate for this season.
𓄀