F1 Academy

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Wouter

Re: F1 Academy

Circuit de Barcelona - Catalunya . Race 3.

The Power of Dreams!

Greg Locock

Oh I understand that's what they are claiming. Woke marketing.

Wouter

Circuit Zandvoort June 23 - 24 - 25

Image ... Image

Image ... Image

Image ... Image

Image ... Image

Two Dutchies on 1st and 2nd in Zandvoort!

Last edited by Wouter on 25 Jun 2023, 18:40, edited 2 times in total.
The Power of Dreams!

Cuky

Just_a_fan wrote:
21 May 2023, 09:10
It's designed to be a the first stepping stone from kart racing to single seaters. From the FIA:

It's not about putting them straight in to a top level single seater. That would be counterproductive.

Aren't there Formula 3 and Formula 4 classes, both at national and international level, that are there exactly for that reason?

This is just so that F1 and FIA can appear to be caring about women in sport and promoting how "inclusive and diverse" they are even though they are fully aware they are lying to girls appearing in this series because I can't see any of them getting into F3 or F2 and even if they do get there they won't be competitive after having competed with sub par opponents. That is almost like expecting someone to be among the fastest players in eSports competition after him/her only racing AI at 60% difficulty.

Take Sophia Flörsch for an example: She has been around for quite some time now, had some decent performances, but still in 6-7 years that she has been on the scene she only has two 3rd place finishes to her name, and that was in ADAC F4. In season and a half in F3 so far she has a grand total of 0 points and best finish of 12th.

I am not saying that she isn't a fine driver, just that she obviously isn't good enough to compete in F1-F2-F3 world championships and that she should look at some other categories. Wouldn't be the first driver (whether male or female) that turned out not to be good enough for F1 championship only to find out to have more than decent talent to compete in one of GT championships for example. And I know if I had gone into racing career I'd rather be mid to top in say GT3 or in say WTCC when it was active, rather than abysmally stuck at the bottom of F3 grid.