How much credit does Tost deserve for the current RBR success?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Zynerji

How much credit does Tost deserve for the current RBR success?

After not only mentoring and developing the drivers, several technical personnel and voting with the big team, he also took in a battered and near-sepuku Honda and built the relationship that has led to the current engine, and its dominance.

With Franz retiring this year, I think he deserves a boat load of the credit for the current RBR title run.

Thoughts?

Wouter

Re: How much credit does Tost deserve for the current RBR success?

Zynerji wrote: ↑
25 May 2023, 16:33
After not only mentoring and developing the drivers, several technical personnel and voting with the big team, he also took in a battered and near-sepuku Honda and built the relationship that has led to the current engine, and its dominance.

With Franz retiring this year, I think he deserves a boat load of the credit for the current RBR title run.

Thoughts?
Thoughts?

That this question belongs in the AlphaTauri thread en no need for a new thread.
The Power of Dreams!

Zynerji

Wouter wrote: ↑
25 May 2023, 17:24
Zynerji wrote: ↑
25 May 2023, 16:33

Thoughts?
Thoughts?

That this question belongs in the AlphaTauri thread en no need for a new thread.
Ima need to see ur badge, sir. I'm pretty sure you have no authority here...πŸ™„

Just_a_fan

Don't bury the question in a team thread. It's an important question and not strictly a question about the AT team.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

AR3-GP

It goes without saying that he has contributed enormously to RB's success. All RB junior drivers drive for Toro Rosso.

Zynerji

With Christian and Adrian consuming all of the limelight, Tost is probably my Unsung Hero of the modern teams.

mendis

I think Franz Tost was just a failure. He was at the helm for such a long time and the team remained at the back of the midfield. Despite having highly talented drivers over the years, his team did nothing significant. I don't see much difference between him and Guenther other than Guenther being a clown.

Drivers get thrown out for lack of performance in a couple of years, but team principals get such a long rope in this business which is strange. #-o

FW17

mendis wrote: ↑
26 May 2023, 03:32
I think Franz Tost was just a failure. He was at the helm for such a long time and the team remained at the back of the midfield. Despite having highly talented drivers over the years, his team did nothing significant. I don't see much difference between him and Guenther other than Guenther being a clown.

Drivers get thrown out for lack of performance in a couple of years, but team principals get such a long rope in this business which is strange. #-o
Honer and Marko told Tost to stay at the back and make bad cars, just as Bernie and Todt told Pirelli to make bad tyres.

Zynerji

mendis wrote: ↑
26 May 2023, 03:32

The difference is Steiner has pissed away several points worthy cars.

Tost runs the Red Bull University...

PlatinumZealot

@topic There is an elf called Zilcho.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™