IndyCar Series

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Big Tea

Re: IndyCar Series

mclaren111 wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 11:58
This weekend is Long Beach which is usually very interesting & eventful... :D :D
Would you have a recommended youtube link to follow? (thanks)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

trinidefender
trinidefender

basti313 wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 16:58
Well, you can nicely follow via youtube. The highlights they post are actually very good and usually more than enough. Especially last race in Texas...live it was sooo much time of nothing happening and cautions. Highlights is much better to watch.
I do enjoy the highlights when I can't watch the actual race however watching highlights you can't really get a sense of the tactics used. I'm fairly new to the indycar game so strategy and tactics is something I'm learning about which is hard with highlights

mclaren111

Big Tea wrote:
13 Apr 2023, 16:16
mclaren111 wrote:
This weekend is Long Beach which is usually very interesting & eventful... :D :D

Unfortunately not... I don't stream anything from the US due to cost...

basti313
basti313

trinidefender wrote:
14 Apr 2023, 01:26
basti313 wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 16:58
Well, you can nicely follow via youtube. The highlights they post are actually very good and usually more than enough. Especially last race in Texas...live it was sooo much time of nothing happening and cautions. Highlights is much better to watch.
I do enjoy the highlights when I can't watch the actual race however watching highlights you can't really get a sense of the tactics used. I'm fairly new to the indycar game so strategy and tactics is something I'm learning about which is hard with highlights
Hmmm....yes, but you should not underestimate the caution mixing. While in F1 you can usually follow the strategies although there is one Safety Car...in IndyCar you always have cautions that mix everything upside down. I do not remember a race last season where the strategy was a game changer.

Generally I also rather enjoy a full race, but time...if you have a weekend with F1, IndyCar, DTM or FormulaE...I usually watch the F1 race live or recorded as a full race. The others only if there is nothing else on this weekend. I simply do not want to sit 4h in front of the TV for motorsports....as there is NFL and others sometimes as well.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Big Tea

mclaren111 wrote:
14 Apr 2023, 14:27
Big Tea wrote:
mclaren111 wrote:

I mean youtube or similar, I would not (blatantly) ask for other links on here :mrgreen:
I will find them, but often it is not the best link and I stick with it because I have not tried others. I'm lazy that way :mrgreen:

basti313
basti313

Big Tea wrote:
14 Apr 2023, 14:38
mclaren111 wrote:
Big Tea wrote:

I mean youtube or similar, I would not (blatantly) ask for other links on here :mrgreen:
I will find them, but often it is not the best link and I stick with it because I have not tried others. I'm lazy that way :mrgreen:
Just use the NTT channel:

Big Tea

basti313 wrote:
14 Apr 2023, 19:37
Big Tea wrote:
mclaren111 wrote:

Just use the NTT channel:
Thanks =D>

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

mclaren111

Big Tea wrote:
mclaren111 wrote:
Big Tea wrote:

Thanks a lot...

basti313
basti313

Well, that was a surprising race. I was waiting the whole last 10 laps for Gro to crash as usual, but nothing happened??? How is this possible? :-#

mclaren111

Very disappionting drive by O'Ward... :( :(

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

last few laps of the Detroit race was entertaining - I would love to see the F1 tyres have such durability and resistance to abuse as the Firestone rubber seems to have in Indycar.

Some decent races of late and with more jeopardy than in F1. I watched Spain GP with matchsticks holding my eyes open and still caught some massive nodding off... Detroit was comical in some parts as the track was just primitive..but the competitve nature of the cars was displayed.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

mclaren111

CMSMJ1 wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 16:05
last few laps of the Detroit race was entertaining - I would love to see the F1 tyres have such durability and resistance to abuse as the Firestone rubber seems to have in Indycar.

Some decent races of late and with more jeopardy than in F1. I watched Spain GP with matchsticks holding my eyes open and still caught some massive nodding off... Detroit was comical in some parts as the track was just primitive..but the competitve nature of the cars was displayed.

O'Ward has been very disappointing in the last few races...

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

mclaren111 wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 16:20
CMSMJ1 wrote:
08 Jun 2023, 16:05

O'Ward has been very disappointing in the last few races...
There's a good reason that Alex Palou is driving the McLaren in Hungary right now.

Palou is very good indeed.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM