2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Bill
Bill

Re: 2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

Pupil who come here and other site and post stuff are Dan fans ,i will suggest they should just chill and watch races just like rest of us .being loud and vocal will not change the performance of either driver and if redbull choose a driver they will choose the one they want regardless of outside noise.for the record we had two races in brazil and yuki scored in both and dan zero.if yuki started at front in mexico he would have score points in the last four races.the pace of alpha will surprise a lot of people in vegas slow corner and straights will be their strength despite drag.

organic

According to AMuS, Haas' protest would affect AT positively

4 extra pts would go to Tsunoda and Williams would lose a point

runningmanz
runningmanz

Bill wrote:
07 Nov 2023, 18:03
Pupil who come here and other site and post stuff are Dan fans ,i will suggest they should just chill and watch races just like rest of us .being loud and vocal will not change the performance of either driver and if redbull choose a driver they will choose the one they want regardless of outside noise.for the record we had two races in brazil and yuki scored in both and dan zero.if yuki started at front in mexico he would have score points in the last four races.the pace of alpha will surprise a lot of people in vegas slow corner and straights will be their strength despite drag.
Theres fans on both sides posting its not just all "Dan fans" nor are they just the ones that are loud and vocal. It doesn't really bother me though if the team is doing well or when posts are objective and fair minded also supporting with factual evidence to support claims.

Your example of just highlighting that Yuki scored points and proclaiming he would have scored in Mexico starting at the front is irrelevant and a bit pointless. I mean he crashed into Oscar in the race and took himself out of the points anyway so not sure what you are on about. There is alot more to it than just a points score too. If there was no red flag Yuki would have struggled to score in Mexico and Dan would have finished 5th.

As for Brazil Ricciardo made multiple passes in the sprint and was unlucky to be repassed by Sainz under DRS and not score. Yuki wasn't even able to attempt a pass on Leclerc. Dan was hundredths off Yuki anyway in sprint qualli. So to be honest pretty evenly matched in that instance imo.

In the main race Dan was taken out through no fault of his own and was clearly the faster driver in the race as demonstrated by the live timing data, onboard video and by the ground he made up from a pit lane start. He was told to stay behind Yuki as well after catching up within 20 laps.

I guess if it is annoying hearing responses from opposing fans there is always the option to just ignore it?

I think at the moment both guys are doing a good job pushing the team forward. Both have been unlucky at times too not to have more points. Its fantastic to see how much the car has improved of late too with the help of Dan's experience and input as well.

Anyway looking forward to Vegas. It will be an exciting weekend and all the drivers will be even in terms of track experience. Hopefully AT can pass Williams there in the WCC.
Last edited by runningmanz on 08 Nov 2023, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Espresso
Espresso

organic wrote:
08 Nov 2023, 04:52
According to AMuS, Haas' protest would affect AT positively

4 extra pts would go to Tsunoda and Williams would lose a point

https://i.imgur.com/mw7AEKf.jpeg
But Gunther is taking it a bridge to far blubbering the ´Rules are rules´ tantrum.
He knows very well in every other major sport (Soccer, American Football, Baseball, Ice Hockey to mention a few) there a rules but also (human) referees trying to apply the rules. And we accept also referees can make mistakes.
But in the end we respect and accept the result.

Just in exceptions a protest is given and even more rare an outcome is adjusted. Gunther seems to make it a ´standard´ to protest. At least it brings in PR money for Haas...
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

djos

Argh, I’m still seriously cheesed off over that Grand Prix!

Very Good job by Yuki, but F’me, blasted darn stewards sending Daniel and Oscar a lap down for no freaking good reason is just intolerable!

Wtf happened to the good old fashioned rules of a red flag causing the lap it’s shown on to be deleted?

#ImStillFuming
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
09 Nov 2023, 10:33

Very Good job by Yuki, but F’me, blasted darn stewards sending Daniel and Oscar a lap down
for no freaking good reason is just intolerable!

Wtf happened to the good old fashioned rules of a red flag causing the lap it’s shown on to be deleted?

#ImStillFuming
No good reason? Oscar and Daniel were already in the garage before the red flag. They missed a lap on track.
Thats why thy added a lap. See the times above @Organic posted at 06 Nov 2023, 01:27.
Daniel drove 70 laps and Yuki 71.
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
09 Nov 2023, 11:26
djos wrote:

Very Good job by Yuki, but F’me, blasted darn stewards sending Daniel and Oscar a lap down

#ImStillFuming
No good reason? Oscar and Daniel were already in the garage before the red flag. They missed a lap on track.
Thats why thy added a lap. See the times above @Organic posted at 06 Nov 2023, 01:27.
Traditional red flags have always deleted the red flag lap, that would have put Daniel at the back, but on the lead lap.
"In downforce we trust"

Farnborough
Farnborough

djos wrote:
09 Nov 2023, 11:35
Wouter wrote:
djos wrote:

#ImStillFuming
Traditional red flags have always deleted the red flag lap, that would have put Daniel at the back, but on the lead lap.
Also, a relative of that rule, the means to let drivers catch up a lap behind safety car in significant implementation of that.

They should have put DR & OP around for another lap through the pits to bring total laps up to par, then started them from pit lane.

djos

Farnborough wrote:
09 Nov 2023, 12:03
djos wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Also, a relative of that rule, the means to let drivers catch up a lap behind safety car in significant implementation of that.

They should have put DR & OP around for another lap through the pits to bring total laps up to par, then started them from pit lane.
100%! Boggles my mind that they didn’t do this. They robbed us of getting to watch 2 very good drivers try to race their way through the field and removed any chance of them scoring points.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
09 Nov 2023, 12:19
Farnborough wrote:
djos wrote:

100%! Boggles my mind that they didn’t do this. They robbed us of getting to watch 2 very good drivers try to race their way through the field and removed any chance of them scoring points.
I think that rule has always applied to the people who, DURING the lap when the red flag was waved, were one lap behind on the circuit while driving was in progress. Both drivers chose to enter the garage before the red flag was waved.
So they did not drive on the circuit during the red flag, were not a lap behind on the circuit driving during the red flag, but were already standing still in the garage.

They both had very, very bad luck!
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
09 Nov 2023, 12:30
djos wrote:
Farnborough wrote:

I think that rule has always applied to the people who, DURING the lap when the red flag was waved, were one lap behind on the circuit while driving was in progress. Both drivers chose to enter the garage before the red flag was waved.
So they did not drive on the circuit during the red flag, were not a lap behind on the circuit driving during the red flag, but were already standing still in the garage.

The FiA rules that most sanctioned motorsports implemented stated that the red flag lap was deleted.

To give you a good example, Group A, Bathurst 1992 - it was suddenly chucking it down raining, and cars were crashing left and right.

The leading Nissan Skyline GT-R of Jim Richards and Mark Skaife had just crashed Before the race was red flagged.

As per the FIA Group A rules, they won the race on red flag count back.

PS, yes I’m old enough to have watched this race on TV. It was epic!

"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

djos wrote:
09 Nov 2023, 12:57

I remember that race too. I was also old enough to do so. :D
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
09 Nov 2023, 13:15
djos wrote:

I remember that race too. I was also old enough to do so. :D
Good times! Group A was awesome!
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

djos wrote:
Wouter wrote:
09 Nov 2023, 12:30
djos wrote:

The FiA rules that most sanctioned motorsports implemented stated that the red flag lap was deleted.

To give you a good example, Group A, Bathurst 1992 - it was suddenly chucking it down raining, and cars were crashing left and right.

The leading Nissan Skyline GT-R of Jim Richards and Mark Skaife had just crashed Before the race was red flagged.

As per the FIA Group A rules, they won the race on red flag count back.

I am too lol, i still own a couple of VHS tapes of those races. Epic days in racing back then. Massive Nissan GTR fan here. How good was Jim Richards speech afterwards..." you're a pack of @#$!holes!!" 🤣🤣