Vehicle Development Project - Interests

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
CFDruss

Vehicle Development Project - Interests

Hi all, I’m sorry I have been away for so long, so I hope all are well.

I am writing this thread for a reason and so I should explain.

There will be many people out there, whether they are simply not interested or consider there professional time to delicate, however I hope some member show an interest and can offer there assistance.

For many many years now I have envisaged building a dream machine of a track/road car, but have put it off due to believing it is realistically impossibly to perform such a task individually. However, it has come to the time where I feel I need to pursue such a dream and answer the question of “what if??”

So this basically forms the basis of this thread, I am seeking members who are interested in helping in such a task and being part of possibly the first team to ever fully develop a vehicle though global communication. This dream may never reach past a ideas stage, put with our effort and dreams, nothing would ever happen. Obviously, I do not have the initial funds to pay for your help and can there for only offer a contract to be drawn up that give you rights to a small percentage of any profits ever made should the vehicle ever make it to production. I will also with out a doubt reference all designers on a special plate that shall be mounted either as part of the interior or engine bay.

I am therefore seeking all interest that can help in areas such as follows,

- Steering and suspension
- Body styling
- Engine and transmission
- Aerodynamics
- Control systems
- Ergonomics
- Materials
- Safety

If any of you have interest in this then please do not hesitate contacting me either by posting a reply or ideally PM me your details.

Please remember that this is only in a very very early stage and so such a project may never become a reality, but with a team of engineers that have hopes and believes, anything can be achieved.

Many thanks for your time

Russ
Last edited by CFDruss on 14 Jun 2005, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
Russell Harrison
Forced Convection Design Engineer, Comair Rotron Europe Ltd
CFD is based around assumptions; the accuracy of the solution depends not only on the knowledge of the mathematics behind the software but the assumptions the user makes!!!

gear_dawg

Im game

Im up for it!

I would like to work on whatever is avaliable.

PM me.

Gear
In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
He was with God in the beginning.
And all things that were created were created through Him, and anything that was not created, has not been created. John 1:1-3

West

What kind of car? Is this like Radical's prototypes, or just a modified street car?
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Hi West,

Its Russ, at work so not logged on.

Yes you could define it similar to radicals prototypes, however, this will be a more public appealing vehicle and not just a track looking car.

It will incorporate a ergonomic, appealing and satisfiying interiour, with a aggrasive but curvatious body, that has ride caracteristics that can be altered from a smooth enjoyable ride to a track feel thrill.

I suppose you could define it similar to the lotus elise, but obviously I dont have the funds to apply such expert research that lotus apply.

Many thanks and hope you are interested

pompelmo

I'm for it!!!! 8)

rudo7

I'm not an engineer but if can help with something then count me in :D

ReubenG

I'm quite happy to help - my personal experience is in transmission ratio optimisation (in Mini Bajas) and transmission packaging and design. Most of my work has been what I would consider only 1st or 2nd iteration design but I would love to learn about more detailed design. I can also speak to a friend who puit together a double wishbone suspension and steering analysis spreadhseet - he might be interested in helping out.

Mail me on gvnreu001@mail.uct.ac.za - pls put something sensible in the subject so I don't delete it.

Beostar

I often read the post on this forum don't always post often but I would just like to say that I think this is a great idea.

If you need any help from my side (electronics/programming) I'd love to be of assistance.

Lots of luck on your project.
Greetings
Beostar
"The track is mine you may have it when I'm done"
"First law of computer programming : The user is a complete idiot"
"Don't confuse luck with skill."

akbar21881

Russ...I'm interested too.Fields that I would love to get in are body styling, aerodynamics, material and control system.

Let me know how this will start and when?

hardhgear

Hello Every body :D

This a great idea & I'm intersted but I'm still a student I have one year
to finish education and to be an engineer.but I want to help In aerodynamics , body styling and hydraulics. So tell waht to do and I'll be for it. :o :o[/list]
One of the most important benefit of
CAE Software is that we're approaching
The area of zero prototype Engineering
http://www.mabdelmoniem.netfirms.com

manchild

Here I am if you ever run short on wild ideas :wink:

mcdenife

I am not an engineer (though I have an engineering background: Mech Eng - London, & Gas Turbine - Cranfield), but would like to help.
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.

stickshift

Why not approach this with renewable energy sources in mind. fuel cells maybe?
I live and therefore I am(an engineer)

DaveKillens

x
Last edited by DaveKillens on 02 Sep 2009, 05:08, edited 1 time in total.

riff_raff

Sounds like fun!

CFDruss,

I have some experience in race car design engineering. Primarily in engine and transaxle design. I also have a (fair) working knowledge of suspensions. I would be happy to help on a limited basis. I am very proficient with CATIA V5 CAD software, so I can help you with solid modeling or bodywork surfacing.

Please provide me with contact information.

Good Luck!

Terry