2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Farnborough
Farnborough

Re: 2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

They can legally (and same as Hass) use more of the RB component, which I've always thought was obtuse in decision making that they haven't.

I know there's views on this, but while it's within the rules completely it does seem mad to apply development budget to try and produce a performance matching chassis through other means when access to one of F1 masterpiece sitting in the same stable.

They did recognise this in the shift of management and how it sits in Red Bull overall company strategies, now we should see this team just get on and race as hard as possible rather than mush around trying to explain things that aren't working. Yuki and Daniel can now effectively clear the decks and get on with performance, as a race team its something I welcome.

the EDGE
the EDGE

Farnborough wrote:
15 Nov 2023, 10:06
They can legally (and same as Hass) use more of the RB component, which I've always thought was obtuse in decision making that they haven't.

I know there's views on this, but while it's within the rules completely it does seem mad to apply development budget to try and produce a performance matching chassis through other means when access to one of F1 masterpiece sitting in the same stable.

They did recognise this in the shift of management and how it sits in Red Bull overall company strategies, now we should see this team just get on and race as hard as possible rather than mush around trying to explain things that aren't working. Yuki and Daniel can now effectively clear the decks and get on with performance, as a race team its something I welcome.
An F1 car is far more than the sum of some borrowed parts. There has never been ANY success from a team using someone else’s parts, even when Tracing Point used every part possible from Merc and copied every other part, they still only finished 4th… in a year Ferrari faltered with their PU any finished 6th

Farnborough
Farnborough

the EDGE wrote:
15 Nov 2023, 10:40
Farnborough wrote:
15 Nov 2023, 10:06

An F1 car is far more than the sum of some borrowed parts. There has never been ANY success from a team using someone else’s parts, even when Tracing Point used every part possible from Merc and copied every other part, they still only finished 4th… in a year Ferrari faltered with their PU any finished 6th
Well how naive of me, I'd never have guessed :D

I dont think there's any suggestion, from me or generally in comments, that they are going to transform themselves into WDC & WCC winning competitiveness by doing so.
But....competing in amongst the fastest 4 chassis on the grid a realistic aspiration.....and achievable with a focused approach.
To throw resources at development of their own items that they can use off the shelf as proven in its application IS a route to heading in that direction, reference use of RB 19 rear suspension recently, noted along with the relative pace uptick that's obvious to us observers.

The front suspension of RB 19 appears to convey a set of performance criteria that all of the other teams seem yet to master. Thats available to develop a base platform as I understand it for next year. Seems daft to say no to that.

I suppose you'll consider Mercedes complete concept and production of bespoke items at 100 % a glowing success then ? Easily a match for the RB :mrgreen:

Wouter

=D> =D> =D>

The Power of Dreams!

Rikhart
Rikhart

Wouter wrote:
16 Nov 2023, 11:37
=D> =D> =D>

Now that is a memorable colour scheme!

Farnborough
Farnborough

Looks really good and very original in layout.

Could that be Adrian Newey's "fingerprint" on the AT :mrgreen:

Hopefully a good race for them in gathering decent amount of points. I like the head to head with Yuki & Dan too, makes an interesting within team competition to drive them forward.

djos

Farnborough wrote:
16 Nov 2023, 12:15
Looks really good and very original in layout.

Could that be Adrian Newey's "fingerprint" on the AT :mrgreen:

Hopefully a good race for them in gathering decent amount of points. I like the head to head with Yuki & Dan too, makes an interesting within team competition to drive them forward.
At first, I thought one of the lads had collided with a Zebra! :mrgreen:
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

LAS VEGAS
To prepare for the slippery fresh tarmac of the the Las Vegas Grand Prix, Oracle Red Bull Racing's F1 driver duo of Max Verstappen
and Checo Perez take on Scuderia AlphaTauri's Yuki Tsunoda and Daniel Ricciardo in two seater hovercrafts!
The four Formula 1 pilots race their floating crafts through the Nevada Desert and complete two difficult skills challenges
before a head to head final race. Which team will be able to drift through the dust of alien country and successfully clinch the win? 👽 🏆

It was the first time that the drivers had raced these 13 feet, 26.5 horsepower hovercrafts which need good teamwork
and counter-steer to glide smoothly through the air at a top speed of 30mph.
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
16 Nov 2023, 23:51
LAS VEGAS
To prepare for the slippery fresh tarmac of the the Las Vegas Grand Prix, Oracle Red Bull Racing's F1 driver duo of Max Verstappen
and Checo Perez take on Scuderia AlphaTauri's Yuki Tsunoda and Daniel Ricciardo in two seater hovercrafts!
The four Formula 1 pilots race their floating crafts through the Nevada Desert and complete two difficult skills challenges
before a head to head final race. Which team will be able to drift through the dust of alien country and successfully clinch the win? 👽 🏆

It was the first time that the drivers had raced these 13 feet, 26.5 horsepower hovercrafts which need good teamwork
That was pretty funny - hovercraft are not very precise vehicles! :mrgreen:
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

organic wrote:
15 Nov 2023, 04:02
runningmanz wrote:
15 Nov 2023, 03:11
Yuki says AT are F1's dark horse now.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/1040808/1 ... l-upgrades
Yes I would agree. Lately their development curve has become massively steep. Like McLaren's in the mid-season. And for AT it has happened just before winter break.. so further large gains may still yet be made. I would not be surprised if they start ahead of Alpine next year
Yes its a really exciting time for the team and Dan has come in at the right time too it seems. Certainly no longer the team vying for the wooden spoon.

runningmanz
runningmanz

djos wrote:
17 Nov 2023, 00:22
Wouter wrote:
16 Nov 2023, 23:51
LAS VEGAS

That was pretty funny - hovercraft are not very precise vehicles! :mrgreen:
Hahah that was good fun! Checo driving a bit like he does out on track! :P :lol:

organic

1-lap pace woeful but long run was best-of-the-rest level, much like Brazil and Mexico. Seems it's confirmed across multiple circuits of different types - the car is in the AMR/Ferrari/Merc/McLaren pack.

Ricciardo's tyres were 15 laps old at the start of the long run :shock:

runningmanz
runningmanz

Interesting as it seems so far on face value over one lap the long straights and cold temps are not suiting the car. However once we get some heat in the tyres it's actually looking not bad.

organic

runningmanz wrote:
17 Nov 2023, 16:13
Interesting as it seems so far on face value over one lap the long straights and cold temps are not suiting the car. However once we get some heat in the tyres it's actually looking not bad.
According to Duchessa the long run laptimes here are very sensitive to fuel and engine mode so maybe shouldn't jump the gun on declaring the pace good yet in hindsight

runningmanz
runningmanz

Dan thinks they can make q3 after working through some limitations overnight and putting it together for qualli.

https://scuderia.alphatauri.com/en/2023 ... -practice/

Edit: After fp3 hmm doesn't look like it.