2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
runningmanz
runningmanz

Re: 2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

Good job from Dan to make q2 but the car is disappointing on 1 lap pace. Hoping for a much better race. Finishing ahead of 2 McLarens though wtf.

djos

The conditions are really nuts. The lack of support races has made it really hard to clean the new asphalt oils off the track.

Considering both McLaren’s got knocked out in Q1 and Hamilton and Perez in Q2, I think Daniel getting through to Q2 was a great effort.

Listening to the team radio, Daniel was having trouble getting enough heat into the tires before his fast laps.

PS, Yuki really needs to work on his emotional control! Throwing his head rest across the garage was not cool.
"In downforce we trust"

runningmanz
runningmanz

The car was crap at this track. Sitting ducks on the straights and struggle to overtake under DRS. Very disappointing weekend for the team.

organic

runningmanz wrote:
19 Nov 2023, 10:49
The car was crap at this track. Sitting ducks on the straights and struggle to overtake under DRS. Very disappointing weekend for the team.
Awful. I was too optimistic after Fp.. Long run was clearly on different engine/fuel mode. The track is the opposite of Brazil/Mexico that came before in some ways: they require more cooling than normal, less drag dependency, rear-limited and all about keeping tyres cool/not overworking them. So going to almost complete opposite basically brought back weaknesses to focus

The rear-limited Abu Dhabi focused again more on tyre overheating will favour Alpha Tauri IMO

runningmanz
runningmanz

Yeah just nothing really suited the car here. Disappointing given it was such a high profile race too.

Wouter

About former SAT driver Nyck de Vries.
❗️ 2024 DRIVER ANNOUNCEMENT ❗️

Toyota Gazoo Racing.

Welcome back @nyckdevries – the new #7 #GR010HYBRID driver alongside @mikeconwayracing and @kamuikobayashi.
=D> =D> =D>

The Power of Dreams!

runningmanz
runningmanz

No wonder Checo is still at RBR next year. They want Dan in that AT next year at least for a while given the big sponsors he is helping to pull in. It all makes sense now. Great for AT and great for RBR.

"
Bayer said the team's profile in the U.S., clearly helped by the presence of Drive to Survive star Daniel Ricciardo, played a big role in attracting new support."

http://lat.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-al ... /10549657/

Wouter

AlphaTauri ready to announce new F1 name for 2024 as US sponsors join

Formerly known as Toro Rosso, the organisation was rebranded in honour of Red Bull-owned clothing company AlphaTauri in 2020, but with that deal set to end, it has been searching for a new name for a complete relaunch in 2024.
Over the Las Vegas GP weekend, team CEO Peter Bayer and his Faenza colleagues finalised plans for how to also incorporate the names of two new US-based sponsors into the official team title, and how and when the new look will be launched, with the publication of the official FIA entry list early next month a key deadline.

“The identity will be generic,” Bayer told Motorsport.com. “The identity is what Toro Rosso would have been, and it’s moving closer to the Red Bull family again. But then it will appear with the naming rights partners.

"We will change the company name, we will change identity, logo, everything, a complete relaunch, complete rebrand.
“We're on a good trajectory,” he said. “And because we have such good traction in the US at the moment, we found these two companies who like each other.

"We had a very, very good meeting with these two big new partners. And they understood each other really well. They sort of mingled immediately.

“We talked about when do we announce it? What do we do? And we said look, this is what usually happens, and we have the FIA entry form and we have the livery presentation. And then they had ideas.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

It’s time for the grand finale of this long Formula 1 season

Daniel Ricciardo

“We have updates this weekend, and even if I haven’t been with the team all year, I know that one of the main areas that have been worked on is to make the car more efficient and less drag-sensitive. Some of these updates have targeted these areas, and I know it’s something we want to improve for next year. I think having them at the end of the season means it should be a little less of a compromise for us than if this was at the beginning.

“Overall, looking back at the year, it’s been fun even though it’s been a short season for me with some hurdles, but I’ve really enjoyed it. I think that, in terms of feeling comfortable in the car and settling in with the team in this short amount of time, it has gone better than I thought it would, so that makes me happy, and gives me a lot of enthusiasm for next year.

“This will be Franz’s last race with the team, which is quite something as he’s been there since Day 1. When I visited the factory for the first time earlier this year, plenty had changed since I last raced for them, but Franz has been a constant presence. It’s always been a pleasure to work with him, and you have to admire his dedication and will to win, which is as strong today as it was when I first started with the team back in 2012.

Yuki Tsunoda

“I feel positive about it and have good memories from Yas Marina, where I finished fourth a couple of years ago. We also have quite a few upgrades coming here, which should help us for the final race, as well as being useful for next year, so it will be important to see what effect they have. Although we didn’t score points in Vegas, neither did Williams, so our fight in the Constructors’ championship is still on, with the seven-point gap unchanged. I think putting everything together all week, extracting all the performance from the car, and maximising any opportunity will be crucial. Qualifying will be very important because even with the latest track layout, overtaking isn’t easy. Hopefully, the car will perform well, and the warm conditions mean we won’t have the tyre warm-up problem that affected us so badly in Las Vegas.

“Franz Tost has been the only F1 team boss I’ve worked with. I feel I’ve been fighting for him this year, and I really want to beat Williams for him in his last race as team principal. I appreciate what he has done. Without him, I wouldn’t be racing here, and without his advice, I wouldn’t have made as much progress as I have. Hopefully, we can finish on a good note, end the season the way we want, and be able to put a smile on his face.

“The last triple-header combined with simulator sessions has been quite tiring, so I’m looking forward to some time off. I always give my one hundred per cent effort at every race, and I’ll do the same this weekend. I’ll use up all the energy I have left in Abu Dhabi.”
The Power of Dreams!

organic

it will be "Racing Bulls" according to this. The trademark has been registered By Red Bull in mid-September

At first it feels like they'll barely have separated themselves from Red Bull. But imagine how the name will sound when they get a couple of title sponsors:

"Adidas Racing Bulls".. now it sounds a bit more like 'Adidas Racing' with the 'Bulls' tacked on for association with RB.

Last edited by organic on 22 Nov 2023, 13:15, edited 1 time in total.

Wouter

organic wrote:
22 Nov 2023, 13:00
it will be "Racing Bulls". The trademark has been registered By Red Bull in mid-September

At first it feels like they'll barely have separated themselves from Red Bull. But imagine how the name will sound when they get a couple of title sponsors:

"Adidas Racing Bulls".. now it sounds a bit more like 'Adidas Racing' with the 'Bulls' tacked on for association with RB.
I don't think this name is intended for AlphaTauri.
RB covers countless sports. Probably for one of those other sports teams.
Moreover, I read that it would not be called Racing Bulls, but a name that incorporates the two sponsors.
I don't see those two names here.

Racing Bulls would also be very illogical, because that would also be the name of Checo and Max
and not just the AT drivers. The four Racing Bulls.

BTW, this all comes from natgracing 🏁 @natgracing
A creator & LLB student | MCL60 x JB22 and huge Piastri fan with 278 followers on Twitter.

He started with: "Scuderia AlphaTauri will be rebranded into Racing Bulls F1 in 2024.

Let me explain how I got to this conclusion… " 👀
The Power of Dreams!

organic

Wouter wrote:
22 Nov 2023, 13:10
organic wrote:
22 Nov 2023, 13:00
it will be "Racing Bulls". The trademark has been registered By Red Bull in mid-September

I don't think this name is intended for AlphaTauri.
RB covers countless sports. Probably for one of those other sports teams.
Moreover, I read that it would not be called Racing Bulls, but a name that incorporates the two sponsors.
I don't see those two names here.

Racing Bulls would also be very illogical, because that would also be the name of Checo and Max
and not just the AT drivers. The four Racing Bulls.

BTW, this all comes from natgracing 🏁 @natgracing
A creator & LLB student | MCL60 x JB22 and huge Piastri fan with 278 followers on Twitter.

He started with: "Scuderia AlphaTauri will be rebranded into Racing Bulls F1 in 2024.

Let me explain how I got to this conclusion… " 👀
Latest info seems to be that neither of the large companies were successful in a complete acquisition of the naming rights of the team, but that the two companies have entered into a partnership with the team instead. I imagine the two partners in question are Adidas and Hugo Boss.
Team CEO Peter Bayer says:

“The identity will be generic, the identity is what Toro Rosso would have been, and it’s moving closer to the Red Bull family again. "

"But then [the new name] will appear with the naming rights partners."

We will change the company name, we will change identity, logo, everything, a complete relaunch, complete rebrand.”
So no, the idea that they launch with a new identity along the lines of "Racing Bulls" - a generic and closely tied name to Red Bull Racing - is not a complete fabrication. The idea comes from Peter Bayer himself, but the supposed confirmation of 'Racing Bulls' comes from finding trademarks registered by Red Bull GmbH in the last 2 months. To me these together are the smoking gun

Additionally, in September around the same time as the trademark was registered, Instagram and X handles were created in the name @RacingBullsF1 so it's looking like the idea of it being a name for some other aspect of Motorsport is unlikely

Some extra info:
because we have such good traction in the US at the moment, we found these two companies who like each other.

"We had a very, very good meeting with these two big new partners. And they understood each other really well. They sort of mingled immediately.

“We talked about when do we announce it? What do we do? And we said look, this is what usually happens, and we have the FIA entry form and we have the livery presentation. And then they had ideas.

“They started brainstorming so much that I got scared, actually! They have a couple of very big ideas. They're thinking big, bigger than we would probably have dared to think.”

Wouter

organic wrote:
22 Nov 2023, 15:11
Additionally, in September around the same time as the trademark was registered, Instagram and X handles were created in the name @RacingBullsF1 so it's looking like the idea of it being a name for some other aspect of Motorsport is unlikely
You mean this two accounts?

https://www.instagram.com/racingbullsf1team/

https://twitter.com/racingbullsf1

Do you really think they announced the new name back then in September, when they are still secretive about it to this day?

The new name won't be announced for a while and SAT's IG and Twitter account will be renamed in the new name.

Edit: When Scuderia Toro Rosso became Scuderia AlphaTauri they renamed both accounts from Toro Rosso in Scuderia AlphaTauri.

https://twitter.com/AlphaTauriF1 See the starting date: Member since October 2009.
The Power of Dreams!

organic

Wouter wrote:
22 Nov 2023, 15:55
organic wrote:
22 Nov 2023, 15:11
You mean this two accounts?

https://www.instagram.com/racingbullsf1team/

https://twitter.com/racingbullsf1

Do you really think they announced the new name back then in September, when they are still secretive about it to this day?

The new name won't be announced for a while and SAT's IG and Twitter account will be renamed in the new name.

Edit: When Scuderia Toro Rosso became Scuderia AlphaTauri they renamed both accounts from Toro Rosso in Scuderia AlphaTauri.

https://twitter.com/AlphaTauriF1 See the starting date: Member since October 2009.
Fair enough that bit was tenuous! The rest remains - especially the words of Bayer

search

it can still make sense to register a social media handle in advance, I guess, to prevent others from blocking it. Names can be changed later on then.