2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Rikhart
Rikhart

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

Lawson is waiting.

Aesop
Aesop

Time to put Lawson in the car. DR cant connect with these ground effect cars it seems. It is becoming painful to see him struggle and trying to find explanations for his lack of form.

Bold statement: hadn't he been injured for a handful of races last season his seat probably was Lawsons already.

HPD

I'm reading Ricciardo comments, and it doesn't look good.

It is different when the driver knows and recognizes that he did not do well in a corner, etc..
But saying he doesn't know where the difference comes from is worrying.

Wouter

HPD wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 19:03

It is different when the driver knows and recognizes that he did not do well in a corner, etc..
This doesn't sound good at all!
Ricciardo was more confused than frustrated after qualifying:

"I felt I gave it everything I had. I was happy with the lap, :wtf: but I wasn't happy with the stopwatch.
So it's still not making sense in my head. I'm not struggling with anything in particular"
Before his laptime was deleted he was >0.1 sec slower than Yuki and he was happy with that lap?
The Power of Dreams!

bigblue

0.1s between team mates isn't a disaster, he would have been through. It is a few spots in a tight midfield though, but who knows how he would have fared in Q2 and maybe Q3. Having said all that, he's not sounding at all happy with what he did, understanding where he could have got a bit more time from, and the feel of the car, which is worrying. I have a sort-of four-race rule at the start of a season to evaluate where eveyone is, so he's got (a little) time ;-) Having said that, always being a few tenths off is not great, he needs a good performance as soon as possible.

Wouter

bigblue wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 19:17
0.1s between team mates isn't a disaster, he would have been through. It is a few spots in a tight midfield though, but who knows how he would have fared in Q2 and maybe Q3. Having said all that, he's not sounding at all happy with what he did, understanding where he could have got a bit more time from, and the feel of the car, which is worrying. I have a sort-of four-race rule at the start of a season to evaluate where eveyone is, so he's got (a little) time ;-) Having said that, always being a few tenths off is not great, he needs a good performance as soon as possible.

"0.1s between team mates isn't a disaster"

When they were both four years in F1, yes.

Ricciardo: "I felt I gave it everything I had."

He has 10 more years experience in F1 than Yuki!! 10!!
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 19:08
HPD wrote:
23 Mar 2024, 19:03

This doesn't sound good at all!
Ricciardo was more confused than frustrated after qualifying:

"I felt I gave it everything I had. I was happy with the lap, :wtf: but I wasn't happy with the stopwatch.
So it's still not making sense in my head. I'm not struggling with anything in particular"
Before his laptime was deleted he was >0.1 sec slower than Yuki and he was happy with that lap?
If you go back and watch the interview, you’ll see he’s talking about the time Yuki found in Q2 etc.

He said he was surprised Yuki was able to find so much extra time as he didn’t think the track was evolving that quickly.
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

Drivers quotes after qualifying

Yuki Tsunoda #22
Third Practice Session – Best lap: 1:17.673, pos. 11th, 19 laps

Qualifying – Best lap: (Q1) 1:17.356, (Q2) 1:16.791, (Q3) 1:16.788, pos. 8th

“I’m very happy with the performance of the team and myself. Definitely a big credit to them for giving me a very consistent car throughout the weekend. It’s been easier to adapt and build confidence in every session, so I definitely feel like I had a clean lap, was able to squeeze a few milliseconds from each corner, and maximised the performance. I didn’t expect P8, and especially Q3 after seeing Williams and other teams find more time in Q1, but I’m very happy; it’s the highest qualifying position this season and reflects the hard work of the team. Daniel was also looking quick so it’s a bit of a shame what happened, but let’s see how it goes tomorrow. It won’t be easy, but we aim to have a clean race, do as much as we can, and score points!”

Daniel Ricciardo #3
Third Practice Session – Best lap: 1:17.963, pos. 18th, 20 laps

Qualifying – Best lap: (Q1) 1:18.085, pos. 18th

“I knew in Turn 4 I was sliding and fighting to put the car on the limit, and in that lap, I washed a little bit wider. I knew I used more kerb than I wanted on the exit, but I wasn’t sure whether it would be off track or not. I had already forgotten about it by Turn 5 and 6 until I came into the garage and Pierre told me the lap was deleted. The team put in a big effort after the weekend in Saudi and we also brought some new parts here which looked better. When I crossed the line, I felt like I gave it all I had and got all I could out of it. I was happy with the lap but I’m a little skeptical because of where we are in terms of the stopwatch, as we were still slow with that lap. I have done enough laps in quali over the years to know where I am, and I think we’re still missing some things. We’ve been facing some struggles all weekend, but it’s not anything in particular; I feel the car and I’m comfortable with it, with the balance and the braking and that’s why the grid position is really painful. Tomorrow will be a long race, probably it’s a two-stop one, so perhaps this will give us a bit more opportunities. I feel like I’ve got a little bit of my anger out of something, so probably something in my driver room will get broken and then I’ll feel better.”
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Looks like the team found some issues with Daniels PU. This would certainly explain why Daniel couldn’t understand why his car was slow.

https://apple.news/A45iIZWSKSbWq_rxuJNOS-w
The FIA announced on Sunday morning the Australian’s car has undergone five significant changes — but the veteran driver has avoided a penalty.

There were some expectations the changes could have forced Ricciardo to start from pit lane, but FIA stewards have ruled all the changes conform with the 2024 Formula 1 sporting regulations.

The statement shows Ricciardo has changed his internal combustion engine (ICE), turbocharger (TC), major generator unit-heat (MGU-H), major generator unit-kinetic (MGU-K) and exhaust system (EX).
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Excellent racing from Yuki and Daniel today, Yuki bagging points with 8th and Daniel racing from dead last to 12th.

Just in case anyone thinks Daniel just got lucky, before the leaders caught Daniel with 5 laps to go, he had a 20 second gap back to Gasly and was 1.5 seconds behind Albon.

Hopefully the team will say more, but it looks to me like his “speed issues” were power unit related. I can’t see any other reason for them to have changed it overnight,
prior to the race.
"In downforce we trust"

hasika
hasika

Finally we get points,good results!Hope we can improve straightline speed as soon as possible.

djos

hasika wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 07:41
Finally we get points,good results!Hope we can improve straightline speed as soon as possible.
RB are now 6th in the Constructors championship, that’s an excellent result!
"In downforce we trust"

ispano6

Post race interview, Yuki mentions with some pause that Suzuka FP1 should have some exciting news there. Hopefully an upgrade package.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 12:01
Nice! 👍

That puts us 2 points clear of Haas in the WCC!
"In downforce we trust"