2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JordanMugen

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Venturiation wrote:
24 Apr 2024, 21:20
Hamilton and russel said in 2023 each garage made their own setups amd they don't share during the weekend
Odd! Surely Mercedes will ensure Antonelli or Ocon etc collaborates with using Russell's setup as it doesn't make sense to have such separation of setups.

If Antonelli is not ready, Mercedes could do a lot worse than Ocon who is proving to be a fast and reliable and determined team leader at Alpine F1 Team!

Even if Ocon and Russell are not the most naturally talented, they both make it up for it with their sheer determination to get into Q2 or score the best possible points finish respectively! =D>

Russell & Ocon would be a superbly "plucky" driver lineup! :D

Luscion wrote:
24 Apr 2024, 19:45
I wish Mercedes and Williams would not have white shirts for engineers at race meetings that are different from the technicians' uniform. It gives an old-fashioned impression of "white collar boffins" as opposed to engineers and technicians being equal members of the team (all hands on deck, all in it together etc)! IMO it's not a good look.

As we see in the video, it's perfectly possible for Allison to wear a standard team uniform which looks nice and smart!

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Luscion wrote:
24 Apr 2024, 19:45
James is still one of my favorite people at Merc. Very honest and to the point all while being always respectful. Toto should take notes. Perhaps James should be the team principal.

PlatinumZealot

Wolff is a businessman, Allison is not. Perhaps the company structure can be changed to a CEO and Principal structure.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Cs98
Cs98

Venturiation wrote:
24 Apr 2024, 21:20
organic wrote:
24 Apr 2024, 18:37
That isn't the case anymore. It was only during 2015-16 when their rivalry ramped up and the two sides of the garage stopped working together
Hamilton and russel said in 2023 each garage made their own setups amd they don't share during the weekend
A statement that is clearly not consistent with what we hear from the team. The drivers talk almost every weekend about when/if their set-ups diverge, can't do that without knowing what the other guy is doing.

Venturiation
Venturiation

George russell career is finished before even starting if max join mercedes for 2025

Dunlay
Dunlay

Venturiation wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 11:39
George russell career is finished before even starting if max join mercedes for 2025
Nico was supposed to be a nobody in competition to Lewis. Max is a supremely talented driver, but his team mates have been Ricciardo in his prime and they were a good match, Gasly and Albon were just nobodies and a lethargic Perez now. Max is way hot headed than Lewis ever was and if George can do what Nico did to Lewis, then Max can explode way bigger than Lewis in 2016. Until a match up is actually done, there can never be a conclusion about anything. Who is to say that Max is not another Red Bull driver that can drive only Red Bull cars like Seb and Daniel? You can never measure a driver in a super sweet dominant car and another in a pathetically unpredictable car. Remember, George jumped into the super dominant W11 with barely any practice and beat Bottas comfortably. It's all about equipment.

chrisc90

Outside of the driving, I couldn’t imagine Max fitting in with the Merc style of PR

Fluido
Fluido

Venturiation wrote:
Yes for sure.
Russel is just lucky that Lewis decide to leave Merc so he can easy beat him this year...
People who think that driver can forgot to drive in two months are just Ham-haters.

Jurgen von Diaz
Jurgen von Diaz

Fluido wrote:
Venturiation wrote:
Yes for sure.
Russel is just lucky that Lewis decide to leave Merc so he can easy beat him this year...
People who think that driver can forgot to drive in two months are just Ham-haters.
Adaptability is also part of driving skills, and shitboxes aren't Lewis's strongest area. So I could say Lewis is the one who is lucky to get out of the way before getting hammered again by Russell because next year's Merc is going to be a shitbox too.

Fluido
Fluido

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 12:20
Fluido wrote:
Venturiation wrote:
Yes for sure.
Adaptability is also part of driving skills, and shitboxes aren't Lewis's strongest area. So I could say Lewis is the one who is lucky to get out of the way before getting hammered again by Russell because next year's Merc is going to be a shitbox too.
"shitbox" was last year as well, so your logic dont make sense

How do you explain that Ham forgot to drive in 2 months and Russel beat him every single f__ken lap??Is that make sense?

Cs98
Cs98

Fluido wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 12:08
Venturiation wrote:
Yes for sure.
I've said it before but I'll reiterate. Hamilton fans would do their guy a favour if they actually acknowledged Russell's talent, pretending he's mediocre only makes Lewis look worse than he needs to when we can all see the results over the past 3 seasons. Anyone who saw Russell's 2018 rookie campaign in F2 knows the guy is super talented.
Last edited by Cs98 on 26 Apr 2024, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.

Jurgen von Diaz
Jurgen von Diaz

Fluido wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 12:20
Fluido wrote: Yes for sure.
"shitbox" was last year as well, so your logic dont make sense
If you compare the first half of the '22 and ongoing '24 season, the '23 car was much better. Lewis didn't have to do any experiments to suit with the car.

maxxer
maxxer

Fluido wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 12:08
Venturiation wrote:
Yes for sure.
in the end both came out with 9 points for the weekend

Dunlay
Dunlay

chrisc90 wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 12:06
Outside of the driving, I couldn’t imagine Max fitting in with the Merc style of PR
To be honest, I don't see anything wrong for Max to be fitting perfectly with Merc. I don't think he is Schumacher though to leave a winning team and go to a struggling one to help them win. He has seen the back of a dominant car for 6 long years before getting into a winner. So he won't be leaving Red Bull anytime soon in it's current state. If Miraculously Mercedes makes a car that is better than Red Bull, then he won't blink before signing for Mercedes, if there is an offer on the table. Like in politics, there are no permanent enemies in F1.

Jdn1327
Jdn1327

chrisc90 wrote:
26 Apr 2024, 12:06
I mean if Mercedes offers him 100million per year, because that's what Verstappen is worth...im sure he wouldn't have an issue with media duties. Especially if they give him a fast car in 2026. It could work the other way as well. Maybe Mercedes might give him a hefty salary as well as less media duties. To have the best driver in your car would require some compromise as well.