2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ringo

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

chrstphrln wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 15:07
ringo wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 14:51

Max will finaly have to sweat a little, and having a less dominant car would make Horner think of getting a better driver than Perez.
Do you really think Max will stay at Red Bull under Horner?
After everything that has happened in recent months?
I see him somewhere else for 2026 at the latest.

And I wouldn't be surprised if he's already in another car in 2025.
Why I think he would stay is the team is still a good team with good tools and culture. He has a big money contract with special concessions that maybe other teams wont be interested in replicating. He is also guaranteed a 2025 championship challenger.
Redbull is his home and made around him. Other teams have their young drivers who they have built around.
Mclaren has Lando, Ferrari has Charles, and Aston Martin has Lance.
It may be wiser to do 1 year in 2026 and see how the landscape is before he moves. Similar to how Vettel did 2014 with red bull then left.
Copying Lewis is not wise, as Lewis is at the end of his career. Max can make a big mistake by leaving the strongest team on the track. Let's ignore the soap opera going on in the shop. On the track Redbull is peerless.
For Sure!!

rbirules
rbirules

ringo wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 17:37
chrstphrln wrote:
ringo wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 14:51

Max will finaly have to sweat a little, and having a less dominant car would make Horner think of getting a better driver than Perez.

Why I think he would stay is the team is still a good team with good tools and culture. He has a big money contract with special concessions that maybe other teams wont be interested in replicating. He is also guaranteed a 2025 championship challenger.
Redbull is his home and made around him. Other teams have their young drivers who they have built around.
It may be wiser to do 1 year in 2026 and see how the landscape is before he moves. Similar to how Vettel did 2014 with red bull then left.
Copying Lewis is not wise, as Lewis is at the end of his career. Max can make a big mistake by leaving the strongest team on the track. Let's ignore the soap opera going on in the shop. On the track Redbull is peerless.
I agree with this, it is the prudent course of action, but the one thing that remains to be seen is if Newey's departure starts a domino effect which leads to Red Bull no longer being the top team.

Losing Newey is going to hurt no matter what his impact was and whether or not you believe it is overstated or understated by fans, media, Horner, etc. Newey going to another team hurts even more, but if that leads to Wache and Balbo and others leaving then RB could quickly lose it's standing. It's up to RB leadership, to "plug the leak" and make sure it stops with the loss of Newey.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Cs98 wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 16:55
Dunlay wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 16:41
Cs98 wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 15:28

Disagree, it's not as simple as that. Morality is necessary to create an environment people want to work in. When you can't fulfill that obligation towards your employees people start to leave, Newey is the first big name casualty in that, and he may not be the last.

Max won't leave to a team that he doesn't believe in, but 2026 is around the corner and if he feels Merc will provide him with a similar shot to RB he might just go. Seems far fetched now, but the prospect of a RB without Newey, Max, and whoever Max brings with him is not as scary as what they are right now. Likewise, Merc going into a new engine regulation being bolstered by a driver like Verstappen could really energise their entire team.
Your statement of Newey leaving because of the Hornergate is a mere assumption, although it's conventional wisdom to tie them together. We simply don't know. But if it suits the argument, then that should be ok. Couldn't he have quit when they breached cost cap? Wasn't that a moral issue? Just a question.
No assumptions. This has been reported as a key factor by several credible journalists. Do you want me to discount that to suit some narrative? Is that what you are doing?
Credible Journalists? You know credible journalist doesn't write such barebone nonsense. Newey isn't known to be open to journalist to provide juicy gossips about his life. Think about it. We are not talking about Marko.

Paa

rbirules wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 17:49
ringo wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 17:37
chrstphrln wrote:

I agree with this, it is the prudent course of action, but the one thing that remains to be seen is if Newey's departure starts a domino effect which leads to Red Bull no longer being the top team.

Losing Newey is going to hurt no matter what his impact was and whether or not you believe it is overstated or understated by fans, media, Horner, etc. Newey going to another team hurts even more, but if that leads to Wache and Balbo and others leaving then RB could quickly lose it's standing. It's up to RB leadership, to "plug the leak" and make sure it stops with the loss of Newey.
That's the part I don't understand. Verstappen doesn't have to speculate and predict the best team of the future.
Currently he is with the best team and he can enjoy until it lasts. Then he can move to the next one, because they will make space for him.
He can take his time with RB until it starts to go down. But it is impossible to tell if that will happen in 1, 3 or 5 years. It would be unwise to panic and preemptively switch to a random team for no good reason.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Paa wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 18:28
That's the part I don't understand. Verstappen doesn't have to speculate and predict the best team of the future.
Currently he is with the best team and he can enjoy until it lasts. Then he can move to the next one, because they will make space for him.
Pretty much.

Any team would Kristi Noem their dog to get Max Verstappen in their team. No team on the grid has some locked tight driver pairing that cannot possibly be altered if the best driver on the planet becomes available.

Macklaren
Macklaren

Seanspeed wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 18:35

Any team would Kristi Noem their dog to get Max Verstappen in their team. No team on the grid has some locked tight driver pairing that cannot possibly be altered if the best driver on the planet becomes available.
But what if Max can't hunt either? :lol:

ringo

Let's look on the other drivers for a moment.
The greatest gift Max can give them is a swap. George Russel doesn't even have to care about facing Max if he can swap with him. Sainz would also love to nestle into a redbull seat fitting while Max and entourage wander off to Brackley only to find out he made a fatal blunder.
In fact.. if were a team Principal I would low ball Max on the price if I sniff the desperation to leave. Why offer Max 50 million per year, when they guy is desperate to leave the best car? He clearly lost his mind and turned ascetic. He must not need much money then! 10 million per year to drive for Williams, or 15 for a W16 seat. Take it or stay at Redbull 8)
Max cannot win right now if he is looking to leave. He must want to stay at Redbull for the seller's power to increase. Simple economics.
For Sure!!

Cs98
Cs98

Dunlay wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 18:06
Cs98 wrote:
Dunlay wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 16:41
Your statement of Newey leaving because of the Hornergate is a mere assumption, although it's conventional wisdom to tie them together. We simply don't know. But if it suits the argument, then that should be ok. Couldn't he have quit when they breached cost cap? Wasn't that a moral issue? Just a question.
No assumptions. This has been reported as a key factor by several credible journalists. Do you want me to discount that to suit some narrative? Is that what you are doing?
Credible Journalists? You know credible journalist doesn't write such barebone nonsense. Newey isn't known to be open to journalist to provide juicy gossips about his life. Think about it. We are not talking about Marko.
Off the top of my head, Mark Hughes (The Race), Andrew Benson (BBC), Christian Nimervoll (Motorsport). Three of the most well connected journalists in the paddock, all reporting the Horner drama is a key factor in Newey leaving. I find it amusing you are so invested in denying this. What's in it for you? Are you just a contrarian by heart? Can't trust "big media"? :lol: Personally, when credible journalists sing in quire on a point of detail, I tend to listen.

Sieper

ringo wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 19:05
Let's look on the other drivers for a moment.
The greatest gift Max can give them is a swap. George Russel doesn't even have to care about facing Max if he can swap with him. Sainz would also love to nestle into a redbull seat fitting while Max and entourage wander off to Brackley only to find out he made a fatal blunder.
In fact.. if were a team Principal I would low ball Max on the price if I sniff the desperation to leave. Why offer Max 50 million per year, when they guy is desperate to leave the best car? He clearly lost his mind and turned ascetic. He must not need much money then! 10 million per year to drive for Williams, or 15 for a W16 seat. Take it or stay at Redbull 8)
Max cannot win right now if he is looking to leave. He must want to stay at Redbull for the seller's power to increase. Simple economics.
“If I were” “lowball max” “sniff the desperation” “desperate to leave” “the guy” “lost his mind” “ascetic”. Is it possible to take a bigger dump on him? I wouldn’t know how. To me this is the worst part of Internet forums. That people feel at liberty to just dump their frustration on others without any consideration to the public they are dumping on. To me it is very wrong and you won’t see me do this to Lewis on the Merc thread.

Luscion
Luscion

From BBC written by Andrew Benson - https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/c84z8qklqvzo

His lawyers are securing an early exit and he will be free to start work from next year, high-level sources close to Red Bull and Newey have said.

The early exit from his Red Bull contract allows Newey to be in place at any team for which he signs in time to start work on their 2026 car - a crucial step.
Red Bull’s confirmation that Newey is to leave is not expected to come until Thursday at the earliest.

This is out of respect for the memory of Ayrton Senna - Wednesday, 1 May is the 30th anniversary of the legendary three-time champion’s death at the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix in a Williams car designed by Newey.
Newey has been unsettled at Red Bull by the fallout from allegations by a female employee that team principal Christian Horner was guilty of sexual harassment and controlling, coercive behaviour.
There has also been growing tension in recent times between Horner and Newey over the designer’s importance to the team.

Horner has seemed to diminish Newey’s input in some interviews, and emphasise the role of the rest of the design group under technical director Pierre Wache. Newey, who eschews the public eye, has privately pushed back against this inside the team.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Cs98 wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 19:10
Dunlay wrote:
Cs98 wrote:

Off the top of my head, Mark Hughes (The Race), Andrew Benson (BBC), Christian Nimervoll (Motorsport). Three of the most well connected journalists in the paddock, all reporting the Horner drama is a key factor in Newey leaving. I find it amusing you are so invested in denying this. What's in it for you? Are you just a contrarian by heart? Can't trust "big media"? :lol: Personally, when credible journalists sing in quire on a point of detail, I tend to listen.
Instead of getting personal, you need to improve your argument. Personal attacks are a sign of frustration my friend. Unless you can prove that the names you have mentioned have met Newey and he has told them personally, it's still an assumption. Get their admissions please, not their speculations. Anybody can simply say, "inside sources" and go on telling a click bait story for an ongoing event. I don't trust the media people in general as a policy, until the facts really come out.

Luscion
Luscion

Dunlay wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 19:34
Cs98 wrote:
Dunlay wrote:
Instead of getting personal, you need to improve your argument. Personal attacks are a sign of frustration my friend. Unless you can prove that the names you have mentioned have met Newey and he has told them personally, it's still an assumption. Get their admissions please, not their speculations. Anybody can simply say, "inside sources" and go on telling a click bait story for an ongoing event. I don't trust the media people in general as a policy, until the facts really come out.
These people are not known for doing "click bait", they're some of the most reliable sources in F1.

dialtone
dialtone

Whether he joins Ferrari or another team...

Hope you folks have plenty of Copium Gran Reserva because from what I heard here he was going to be in gardening leave till he was 200 years old, and I was the one lacking knowledge of how all of this worked, or he bought a boat and was going to live in a desert island without internet and minimal connection with mankind, or he was never leaving after just 20 years because he built the team, why would he restart?

Dunlay
Dunlay

Luscion wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 19:36
Dunlay wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 19:34
Cs98 wrote:

These people are not known for doing "click bait", they're some of the most reliable sources in F1.
Just imagine Newey going around telling people "I am quitting because of the accusations on Horner and what he did."

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Craig Slater now reporting on Sky that Newey wanted to leave last year and had to be convinced by Horner to stay. (Could've just been a bargaining tactic at the time) Slater also mentions Newey being disillusioned by the power struggle within Red Bull Sporting headquarters and Red Bull Racing, also the wider power struggle between the Austrians and Thais.