2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Newey won't be a part of trackside operations anymore, so no direct reporter questions. I hope Max gets asked about what he feels about this.

Watto
Watto

Wouter wrote:
01 May 2024, 12:58
Vanja #66 wrote:
01 May 2024, 12:28
f1rules wrote:
01 May 2024, 12:03
Newey not mentioning H Marko with one single word, in his departure statement
Dunlay wrote:
01 May 2024, 12:12
No mention of Marko? Seems like he is leaving because of Marko.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMe7u_rWMAA ... me=900x900
Interesting, good spots! But it must be all about Horner, right? :lol:
#-o I assume you read in detail what Newey wrote in his letter.
Oracle Red Bull Racing Chief Technical Officer Adrian Newey said: “Ever since I was a young boy, I wanted to be a designer of fast cars. My dream was to be an engineer in Formula One, and I’ve been lucky enough to make that dream a reality. For almost two decades it has been my great honour to have played a key role in Red Bull Racing’s progress from upstart newcomer to multiple title-winning Team. However, I feel now is an opportune moment to hand that baton over to others and to seek new challenges for myself. In the interim, the final stages of development of RB17 are upon us, so for the remainder of my time with the Team my focus will lie there.

I would like to thank the many amazing people I have worked with at Red Bull in our journey over the last 18 years for their talent, dedication and hard work.
It has been a real privilege, and I am confident that the engineering Team are well prepared for the work going into the final evolution of the car under the four-year period of this regulation set.

On a personal note, I would also like to thank the shareholders, the late Dietrich Mateschitz, Mark Mateschitz and Chalerm Yoovidhya for their unwavering support during my time at Red Bull,
and Christian, who has not only been my business partner but also a friend of our respective families.
Also, thanks to Oliver Mintzlaff for his stewardship and Eddie Jordan, my close friend and manager."
Who has not only been = Past tense while he is still working with him!

And "the many amazing people": Marko, Drivers, his design team, etc.
I tend to think it indicates there has not been the falling out with Horner as has been made out that he mentions Horner on a personal/family friend level’

I think there is probably too much being made of Marko missing from the statement but think it likely points out there was no major falling out with anyone no real single point of blame. He probably I’d say had no interest in trying to pick a side and moved on

chrisc90

Certainly be interesting if we see Newey in the paddock now with RB attire on. Technically he shouldn’t be

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

chrisc90 wrote:
01 May 2024, 13:13
Certainly be interesting if we see Newey in the paddock now with RB attire on. Technically he shouldn’t be
I read up a bit more, and some are reporting he'll still attend a few select races to support RBR trackside. :D

chrisc90

Cs98
Cs98

Watto wrote:
01 May 2024, 13:12
Wouter wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
01 May 2024, 12:28

Interesting, good spots! But it must be all about Horner, right? :lol:
Oracle Red Bull Racing Chief Technical Officer Adrian Newey said: “Ever since I was a young boy, I wanted to be a designer of fast cars. My dream was to be an engineer in Formula One, and I’ve been lucky enough to make that dream a reality. For almost two decades it has been my great honour to have played a key role in Red Bull Racing’s progress from upstart newcomer to multiple title-winning Team. However, I feel now is an opportune moment to hand that baton over to others and to seek new challenges for myself. In the interim, the final stages of development of RB17 are upon us, so for the remainder of my time with the Team my focus will lie there.

I would like to thank the many amazing people I have worked with at Red Bull in our journey over the last 18 years for their talent, dedication and hard work.
It has been a real privilege, and I am confident that the engineering Team are well prepared for the work going into the final evolution of the car under the four-year period of this regulation set.

On a personal note, I would also like to thank the shareholders, the late Dietrich Mateschitz, Mark Mateschitz and Chalerm Yoovidhya for their unwavering support during my time at Red Bull,
and Christian, who has not only been my business partner but also a friend of our respective families.
Also, thanks to Oliver Mintzlaff for his stewardship and Eddie Jordan, my close friend and manager."

I tend to think it indicates there has not been the falling out with Horner as has been made out that he mentions Horner on a personal/family friend level’

I think there is probably too much being made of Marko missing from the statement but think it likely points out there was no major falling out with anyone no real single point of blame. He probably I’d say had no interest in trying to pick a side and moved on
Exit statements are part of exit negotiations, always have been. It's not straight from the heart of Newey to the minds of fans. It's a bargaining tool. You make us look good and we'll cut you a better exit deal.

Watto
Watto

Eddie Jordan doesn’t think Newey will rush into another F1 job will take some time away

Sieper

He has not mentioned any driver specifically. He just talks about his colleagues/peers. Marko is not an employee of RBR. All very logical and no reason to take another dump.

Watto
Watto

Cs98 wrote:
01 May 2024, 13:19
Watto wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Exit statements are part of exit negotiations, always have been. It's not straight from the heart of Newey to the minds of fans. It's a bargaining tool. You make us look good and we'll cut you a better exit deal.
Yeah that’s probably fair but think Wouter breaking down past tenths of his Horner statement is a very very big leap

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

There were some rumours that if Horner is out, Newey would leave too...
Does anyone think this decision is about Horner being kicked out by end of the season?
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Silent Storm wrote:
01 May 2024, 13:35
Does anyone think this decision is about Horner being kicked out by end of the season?
There'd definitely would be noise and behind the scenes rumors if this was the case. I doubt it.

Watto
Watto

Silent Storm wrote:
01 May 2024, 13:35
Don’t see that being the case tbh. Think there would be more rumours of Horner going if that was the case

Cs98
Cs98

Watto wrote:
01 May 2024, 13:23
Cs98 wrote:
Watto wrote:

Yeah that’s probably fair but think Wouter breaking down past tenths of his Horner statement is a very very big leap
Indeed. My point is simply that such statements are signed off and released by the company as part of the negotiation, it's not an exposé into the current situation, it's about preserving image.

Watto
Watto

Cs98 wrote:
01 May 2024, 13:42
Watto wrote:
Cs98 wrote:

Indeed. My point is simply that such statements are signed off and released by the company as part of the negotiation, it's not an exposé into the current situation, it's about preserving image.
Agree - and I did say too I think people are reading too much into Markos name missing

The only person I would trust as to reasons he left would be from Newey himself- even then I don’t think Newey would ever talk even if theee was a major falling out really doesn’t seem like him. I’m not really that trusting if any leaks as to the motives to his departure too many are self serving

Wouter

Watto wrote:
Cs98 wrote:
Watto wrote:

It has been going around for many months that Newey is not happy with the fact that Horner has said that Newey has not worked much on the cars of the previous two years.
Amanda's wife reacted very angrily to this on IG and Twitter. There was nothing left of the friendship between Horner and Newey.
Then all the tension caused by Horner in the team was added. Moreover, he lost his PA due to Horner's fault/actions and he
must have heard the ins and outs from her and Newey decided to leave.
The Power of Dreams!