2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Macklaren wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 19:37
LionsHeart wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 19:34
Macklaren wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 18:58
eBay joins as new sponsor!

Same colors as Google Chrome so won't be too disruptive. Still upda6ting out hope for MasterCard title deal
The MasterCard emblem completely merges with the orange color of the papaya. If they sign the title card, how clearly will the emblem be visible? Or will they apply it to the area where black is present?
If they snag it, I training l reckon the dark blue returns to become the background color for the MasterCard logo

Probably the top half of the engine cover, Chrome gets bumped to the side pod or rear wing to share with OKC

just like how Chrome/OKX bumped Vuse to a smaller spot
I didn’t even think about the fact that the team could change the livery. I assumed that the livery would not undergo changes. In this case, everything is possible. A title sponsor will not be superfluous. This will also allow us to quickly pay off the debts that the team had a couple of years ago, when they needed money, they laid the foundation of the team. I don’t know what amounts we are talking about, but I have already seen in the news that of the four contenders, only McLaren is ready to give a place under the title sponsor, and all because only McLaren does not have a title sponsor. If we are talking about $50-100 million a year, then this is a powerful boost and will strengthen the team from a financial point of view.

proteus

Macklaren wrote:
LionsHeart wrote:
Macklaren wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 18:58
eBay joins as new sponsor!

Same colors as Google Chrome so won't be too disruptive. Still upda6ting out hope for MasterCard title deal
The MasterCard emblem completely merges with the orange color of the papaya. If they sign the title card, how clearly will the emblem be visible? Or will they apply it to the area where black is present?
If they snag it, I training l reckon the dark blue returns to become the background color for the MasterCard logo

Probably the top half of the engine cover, Chrome gets bumped to the side pod or rear wing to share with OKC

Ebay is aparently on just for 4 races though.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

_DM_

I wouldn't be surprised if McLaren and Ferrari have maximum TV time this year.
Because there is a fight between them. This is what sponsors need.
They don't even have to be first to be rich.

Max was hardly shown at the Chinese GP, as was Perez.

trinidefender
trinidefender

proteus wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 22:16
Macklaren wrote:
LionsHeart wrote:

Probably a test run. If I remember correctly the sponsor did this with McLaren before and after the test run signed a full sponsorship deal.

trinidefender
trinidefender

LionsHeart wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 20:27
Macklaren wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 19:35
Looks like Zak is ruling out a Newey return

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/c84z8qklqvzo
Not surprising. The team already has a strong core of engineers. Last year has already proven this. All you have to do is maintain the momentum and everything will work out.
Agreed. While having Newey would be nice from a fan perspective you have to think what it will do to the morale of those already in top technical positions at McLaren such as P Prodromu. He’s probably happy that he’s finally been given more design freedom to implement the ideas he wants (which gave us the second fastest car by years end last year with subpar facilities and a compromised starting design). Imagine if Zak and Stella were to then turn around and say he, and others like him, are going to get sidelined again like he was under James Key’s leadership.

I wouldn’t be a happy camper if it were me.

Secondly there simply isn’t room for him in the current technical structure. The entire reason that Sanchez left. If Newey were to come to McLaren, they would have to completely reorganise the organisational management structure AGAIN to fit him in. That isn’t good for productivity.

As great as Newey is, bringing him to McLaren would probably be a bad move (through no fault of his own).

Macklaren
Macklaren

trinidefender wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 23:43
proteus wrote:
Macklaren wrote:

Probably a test run. If I remember correctly the sponsor did this with McLaren before and after the test run signed a full sponsorship deal.
but announcement says multi year partnership? for 4 races/yr??

trinidefender
trinidefender

Macklaren wrote:
01 May 2024, 01:04
trinidefender wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 23:43
proteus wrote:

but announcement says multi year partnership? for 4 races/yr??
Ok that doesn't make too much sense. Unless they worked out a special deal to only sponsor the car for races in places they operate? I'm only speculating here

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

trinidefender wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 23:49
LionsHeart wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 20:27
Macklaren wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 19:35
Looks like Zak is ruling out a Newey return

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/c84z8qklqvzo
Not surprising. The team already has a strong core of engineers. Last year has already proven this. All you have to do is maintain the momentum and everything will work out.
Agreed. While having Newey would be nice from a fan perspective you have to think what it will do to the morale of those already in top technical positions at McLaren such as P Prodromu. He’s probably happy that he’s finally been given more design freedom to implement the ideas he wants (which gave us the second fastest car by years end last year with subpar facilities and a compromised starting design). Imagine if Zak and Stella were to then turn around and say he, and others like him, are going to get sidelined again like he was under James Key’s leadership.

I wouldn’t be a happy camper if it were me.

Secondly there simply isn’t room for him in the current technical structure. The entire reason that Sanchez left. If Newey were to come to McLaren, they would have to completely reorganise the organisational management structure AGAIN to fit him in. That isn’t good for productivity.

As great as Newey is, bringing him to McLaren would probably be a bad move (through no fault of his own).
You wrote everything correctly. That's what I meant. Let the working group of engineers work, don't disturb them. We’ll also see what kind of leap forward we will get in the coming days and how this will affect the rivalry with Ferrari.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Exactly 30 years have passed since that tragedy. :cry: We remember you, great Magic and Rain Man!

Mostlyeels
Mostlyeels

CjC wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 11:20
Mostlyeels wrote:
30 Apr 2024, 01:44
CjC wrote:
29 Apr 2024, 15:54
Rosberg noted in commentary over the Chinese weekend that red bull direct airflow onto the tyre to cool them, this could be what McLaren are aiming to do.
I heard this too, and was surprised. Apparently they did an interview on Sky with an F1 aerodynamicist on that weekend, and that's what they said.
Did they say who the aerodynamicist was?
I know they get their pre-race info off a few teams one of them being Mclaren, so if the aerodynamicist was from McLaren it would align with what is being discussed here and they are now focusing more on tyre performance with the new upgrade?
I dunno just speculating.
I don't remember the team, but I remember they were talking about what the RB19 had got right, and tyre cooling for improved race pace was mentioned as the goal. I think it was another team's staff member, and my impression was it was a proper interview, so it's someone who was able to talk on the record (so officially sanctioned). I can probably narrow it down as I didn't watch many sessions from China, so can figure it out from which one(s) they had Nico during the pre-show.

chrisgr
chrisgr

When will we have the first pictures from Miami? cant wait....

mclaren111

LionsHeart wrote:
01 May 2024, 07:52
Exactly 30 years have passed since that tragedy. :cry: We remember you, great Magic and Rain Man!

Amen.

mwillems

Lando Norris feels no pressure as F1’s winner-in-waiting: ‘My time is coming’

https://theathletic.com/5460721/2024/05 ... n-mclaren/
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

mwillems wrote:
01 May 2024, 13:29
Lando Norris feels no pressure as F1’s winner-in-waiting: ‘My time is coming’

https://theathletic.com/5460721/2024/05 ... n-mclaren/
What a timely interview, right before the first update package. I also believe that this year, 2024, Lando will take his first victory. He started this season with the same attitude. This means the team is confident in their car and the updates that will be available later.

organic

chrisgr wrote:
01 May 2024, 11:32
When will we have the first pictures from Miami? cant wait....
Today we'll see "first pictures from the pitlane" but it's unlikely that the upgrades are noticed until Thursday (but even then, they may not fit new parts for pitstop practice on thursday)