2024 Miami Grand Prix - Miami Intl. Autodrome, May 03 - 05

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
chrisc90

Re: 2024 Miami Grand Prix - Miami Intl. Autodrome, May 03 - 05

Cs98 wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:13
chrisc90 wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:09
venkyhere wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:07
Everyone knows KMag drives like an evil spirit when he has to defend. HAM should know better, use his experience. It was sad to HAM complaining "he pushed me wide" into T11 (or was it T17?) when both of them were on a "who brakes last" blinking contest. The cars were nowhere close enough for contact. Ham divebombed into T1 at the start of the race, was nowhere near the apex, braked super-late and washed wide into the middle of the corner to hit ALO and then trigger the pile-up. ALO and STR would've come together 0.1s later anyway, even if HAM wasn't there. Notwithstanding that, I think HAM drove like a headless chicken into T1. Deserved a penalty for that.
Alonso actually hit Stroll first, marginally before Lewis hit Alonso.
Watch from Hamilton's perspective, it becomes pretty obvious who causes the majority of the damage and the ultimate domino that hits Norris. The AMRs were having slight contact, Hamilton escalated to a major incident.
The overhead shot shows it best IMHO, especially slowed down to 0.5x speed.

Alonso/stroll contact first, then Lewis carrying too much speed, locking up and hitting Alonso.

What is hard to determine is whether Lewis' contact caused Stroll to hit Norris. I think its 50-50 with that one.

ringo

chrisc90 wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:17
ringo wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:12

Rewatch the replay. Alonso and Stroll already tripped over each other even before Lewis got to turn one.
Lewis was in control of the car even with the lock up.
The contact with Alonso was negligible but for Stroll already getting cross up in Alonso's way.

Many contacts happen on lap 1 without penalty. It's the fact stroll and alonso were basically rubbing on each other that cause the domino effect.
I agree that Alonso hit Stroll first. However, I will stand by the fact that Lewis wasn't making the corner due to being too fast. If he was in control, he wouldn't have hit the AMR. You can see on the onboard that the speed Lewis was going he wasn't in a position to take a line that would have been expected with that type of overtake.
Ok.. so now thar you realize why should Hamilton be penalized for a contact when a contact already took place?
Why overlook the stroll and alonso contact?
If you read the regulations.. Hamilton cannot be responsible for Norris. There are two cars in between them. Hamilton did not initiatd the problem.
If stroll was not in the way then there would have been room between Alonso and Lewis and no contact happens.
For Sure!!

wogx

Oh how quickly they lined up to defend Hamilton's honor - they didn't have time to check Magnussen's name
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Spacepace

TFSA wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:09
Spacepace wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:06
Doesn't really matter what the team says. Hulkenberg has more points and better finishing position
But that's not what you argued. You argued that he wasn't getting credit for what he does to protect Hulkenberg. He certainly is getting credit for that. 🙂
By the team but at the end of the year when the points are tallied up and hulkenberg is ahead. It doesn't matter. I'm just making the point that Hulkenberg is extending his points at the cost Magnussen

tonmeister wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:08
214270 wrote:
04 May 2024, 18:59
ringo wrote:
04 May 2024, 18:51
The penalty is harsh. The speeding was with all cars being diverted through the pitlane. The risk and danger is much less when no pitstops are taking place.
As for the Norris incident. Stroll and Alonso pretty much pinched each other in. Hamilton rightly cannot be blamed for that one.
Hamilton kept on the apex with a tiny lock up.
Alonso Navigating to avoid Stroll was the main cause of that crash. 4 cars into one corner carries this risk.

Either way Hamilton displaying his arsenal of race tactics to get by mad man Magnussen and then Tsunoda. Both stout defenders.
Should be fun in a Ferrari.

Mercedes car still has some good qualities despite it being a midfeild car now. They are behind Vcarb and Aston for sure.
Yeah, I concur. That looks like ALO into STR before HAM joined the party. Very lucky, because that’s HAMs fault absent of the Aston collisions.
Alonso went into Stroll because he tried to leave space for kamikaze Hamilton "Always leave the space!"
No, clearly ALOs mistake. He went long into STR, missed the corner by a good bit. HAM wasn’t close to being relevant at the time the Astons came together.

https://dubz.co/c/384293
Last edited by 214270 on 04 May 2024, 19:29, edited 2 times in total.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

chrisc90

ringo wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:21
chrisc90 wrote:
ringo wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:12

Rewatch the replay. Alonso and Stroll already tripped over each other even before Lewis got to turn one.
Lewis was in control of the car even with the lock up.
The contact with Alonso was negligible but for Stroll already getting cross up in Alonso's way.

Many contacts happen on lap 1 without penalty. It's the fact stroll and alonso were basically rubbing on each other that cause the domino effect.
I agree that Alonso hit Stroll first. However, I will stand by the fact that Lewis wasn't making the corner due to being too fast. If he was in control, he wouldn't have hit the AMR. You can see on the onboard that the speed Lewis was going he wasn't in a position to take a line that would have been expected with that type of overtake.
Ok.. so now thar you realize why should Hamilton be penalized for a contact when a contact already took place?
If you read the regulations.. Hamilton cannot be responsible for Norris. There are two cars in between them. Hamilton did not initiatd the problem.
If stroll was not in the way then there would have been room between Alonso and Lewis and no contact happens.
From first viewing I thought it was all Lewis' fault, however I was wrong to say he ruined 3 races - So I stand corrected with that.

Overall - probably just a turn 1 incident, but I will stand by the point that Lewis should have been in enough control to avoid the AMR of Alonso.

(Above video shows it better quality - and I think you can slow that down too)

MichaelxScarn
MichaelxScarn

214270 wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:22
tonmeister wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:08
214270 wrote:
04 May 2024, 18:59

Yeah, I concur. That looks like ALO into STR before HAM joined the party. Very lucky, because that’s HAMs fault absent of the Aston collisions.
Alonso went into Stroll because he tried to leave space for kamikaze Hamilton "Always leave the space!"
No, clearly ALOs mistake. He went long into STR, missed the corner by a good bit. HAM wasn’t close to being relevant at the time the Astons came together.

https://dubz.co/c/384293
https://ibb.co/Drmygw9
Look at Alonsons onboard at the start and it will be clear to you just how relevant Hams divebomb actually was.

organic

10km/h over limit under SC conditions

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

chrisc90 wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:26
ringo wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:21
chrisc90 wrote:

From first viewing I thought it was all Lewis' fault, however I was wrong to say he ruined 3 races - So I stand corrected with that.

Overall - probably just a turn 1 incident, but I will stand by the point that Lewis should have been in enough control to avoid the AMR of Alonso.

(Above video shows it better quality - and I think you can slow that down too)
To me, both Alonso and Hamilton have to take some blame. Hamilton's trajectory is completely illogical. If you are thinking you will overtake 4 cars in 1 corner, you have likely misinterpreted the positioning and intent of other drivers. Alonso vs Stroll is a bit of a distraction. If Alonso didn't hit stroll, Hamilton would have just t-boned them all anyway.

TFSA

Spacepace wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:22
By the team but at the end of the year when the points are tallied up and hulkenberg is ahead. It doesn't matter. I'm just making the point that Hulkenberg is extending his points at the cost Magnussen
Not true. The team knows they're a backmarker team, and that it's unlikely that they will have two cars in the points in any race (until they change the point system) - especially if it's a sprint.

Getting just one car in the points is great for a backmarker team, and if the other driver helped doing that, then that's gonna be recognized. The team isn't stupid. They understand that points don't tell the entire story of a drivers contribution.

DDopey
DDopey

Alonso saw Hamilton coming and such could not turn in tighter, he try to kept room, which narrowed the space with Stroll who was completely ignorant of the situation. Full blame on Hamilton with that do or die action.

chrisc90

AR3-GP wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:32

To me, both Alonso and Hamilton have to take some blame. Hamilton's trajectory is completely illogical. If you are thinking you will overtake 4 cars in 1 corner, you have likely misinterpreted the positioning and intent of other drivers. Alonso vs Stroll is a bit of a distraction. If Alonso didn't hit stroll, Hamilton would have just t-boned them all anyway.

https://i.postimg.cc/MHj5zSZm/image.png
I would even go as far as saying Stroll caused the priliminary contact with Alonso. His line cuts well across the front of Alonso. 60/40 really with those 2.
As you say though, Hamilton would have T-boned them all regardless.

tonmeister
tonmeister

We can argue all we want, but can we just agree that is just a bit fishy that this incident wasn't even investigated?

TFSA

Hamilton Pit Pane speeding document is now public. He exceeded the pitlane speed limit by 10.7 km/h.

Pit Lane Speeding between 6-15 km/h is a harsher penalty.

chrisc90

tonmeister wrote:
04 May 2024, 19:40
We can argue all we want, but can we just agree that is just a bit fishy that this incident wasn't even investigated?
It was. No further action.

It was flagged as Turn 1 incident involving Norris. To what extent, and who was investigated, is a different question.