2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

The car does look better when you apply drunk vision to it.

ringo

Vanja #66 wrote:
04 May 2024, 23:06
Let's keep the pressure on boys, well done! They must keep Perez behind at all costs, anything less than double podium is underperformance
Perez will fly past both Ferraris. Once his car steadily brings the tyres into working range.
The rdbull still has massive closing speed, traction and braking power and stability. Perez is very used to fighting past to secure P2.
If he doesnt pass at the start, he will past when the deg slows down the ferraris more than the redbull.
For Sure!!

bluechris

ringo wrote:
05 May 2024, 19:18
Vanja #66 wrote:
Let's keep the pressure on boys, well done! They must keep Perez behind at all costs, anything less than double podium is underperformance
Perez will fly past both Ferraris. Once his car steadily brings the tyres into working range.
The rdbull still has massive closing speed, traction and braking power and stability. Perez is very used to fighting past to secure P2.
If he doesnt pass at the start, he will past when the deg slows down the ferraris more than the redbull.
Why you say that? The key today is the tyre's. If they have done in Ferrari good setup choise then the difference is minimal.
The only thing i see that stands between the 2 teams when i saw Max and Leclerc qual lap in a video side by side that someone posted in the forum here, is that almost all is equal except that RB just accelerates a tiny bit better and reach faster the top speed. The difference is only 2-3 klms but its there.
Its the 1st time i see Ferrari so similar in pace.
Last edited by bluechris on 05 May 2024, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.

chrisc90

Perez was the only one able to overtake in the sprint. There wasnt many other overtakes,

Sphere3758
Sphere3758

ringo wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
Hard to predict, but if Carlos can hold off Checo for the first 5 laps and give Charles some breathing space to get his tyre preparation right, we might have a great race. A hard fought p2 or even a win if a SC/VSC gets timed in the teams favor (like Lando had in China)

Will be interesting for Checo vs Carlos . Carlos is the main contender for his seat at Redbull for next year, he will want to make sure that he beats him comfortably today. Likewise for Carlos too

jumpingfish

Even if I don't like their livery for Miami gp but this blue HP logo on the sides reminds me those Ferrari cars from 90's : )

dia6olo
dia6olo

ringo wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:

Personally I don't see it that way, I think if Perez can get in front it'll be hard for the Ferrari's to re-pass, however I feel that if the Ferrari's keep him behind long enough Perez's tyres are likely to run out of grip quicker than the Ferrari's...

ringo

Why I say that is the ferraris were pushing harder to get the lap time. The deg will get to them more simply because the drivers have to push harder.
The other thing was the Perez overtake on Daniel was it? He flew past quite easily.
When Sainz got up to Daniel, he just could not get by. It may be down to traction out of the corners that gave Perez a good run to get the pass.
Let's not forget how huge the gaps are in the race compared to qualy between redbull and ferrari. I would like a close race between Charles and Max, but im not getting my hopes up. Too many times we see Checo claw back to P2 decisively. The straight here is long enough for Perez to get the job done twice. And if he doesnt get charles on the road, he couls get him in the pit stops.
But anyhow I think the team is doing quite well for us to be having this convo, with little or no upgrades so far. The Mclaren upgrades were not enough to threaten the SF4 either. So this car has a really strong platform off the bat.
For Sure!!

organic

Sainz explained honda deployment map is different here compared to Ferrari and that cited it as a possible explanation as to why Perez had a much easier job overtaking the other honda than him

Xyz22
Xyz22

I just watched the telemetry of Sai and Lec quali laps.
Sainz seems to be significantly faster in the straights.

DoctorRadio
DoctorRadio

ringo wrote:
05 May 2024, 20:41
The other thing was the Perez overtake on Daniel was it? He flew past quite easily.
When Sainz got up to Daniel, he just could not get by. It may be down to traction out of the corners that gave Perez a good run to get the pass.
No, that pass was fake.

Sainz said “You could see that Checo on the Honda power unit managed to more or less make it stick. Obviously, they are also a bit more friendly to the Red Bulls than they are to the Ferraris because of obvious reasons”.

Vanja #66

Xyz22 wrote:
05 May 2024, 20:50
Nothing signoficant about it. Leclerc rode the kerbs in T16 and T17 and had to wait a bit to get on throttle. That same place is where he lost to Max. I guess he had an idea to try it for the first lap and see if it works before second lap, since this is not where he lost time earlier in Q to either Sainz or Max
Last edited by Vanja #66 on 05 May 2024, 20:57, edited 1 time in total.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

bluechris

ringo wrote:
Why I say that is the ferraris were pushing harder to get the lap time. The deg will get to them more simply because the drivers have to push harder.
Let's not forget how huge the gaps are in the race compared to qualy between redbull and ferrari. I would like a close race between Charles and Max, but im not getting my hopes up. Too many times we see Checo claw back to P2 decisively. The straight here is long enough for Perez to get the job done twice. And if he doesnt get charles on the road, he couls get him in the pit stops.
But anyhow I think the team is doing quite well for us to be having this convo, with little or no upgrades so far. The Mclaren upgrades were not enough to threaten the SF4 either. So this car has a really strong platform off the bat.
Your conclusion is based from pass out an RB to a RB? it's like when Ferrari is passing the Haas but you are right yeah.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Vanja #66 wrote:
05 May 2024, 20:57
Xyz22 wrote:
05 May 2024, 20:50
Nothing signoficant about it. Leclerc rode the kerbs in T16 and T17 and had to wait a bit to get on throttle. That same place is where he lost to Max. I guess he had an idea to try it for the first lap and see if it works before second lap, since this is not where he lost time earlier in Q to either Sainz or Max
Actually the gap increases after the traction zones. He was also slower at the end of the first straight.

LM10
LM10

ringo wrote:
It's like you're describing the SF-23.