2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CjC
CjC

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Sorry if it’s been posted.
Track dominance:

Nice to Lando actually had the second most amount of track dominance, obviously he must have lost a fair bit around the rest of the lap where he wasn’t the fastest driver considering he ended up 5th quickest
Just a fan's point of view

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

organic wrote:
05 May 2024, 16:20
SmallSoldier wrote:
05 May 2024, 15:58
LionsHeart wrote:
05 May 2024, 15:31

From Saturday quali.

The situation is that I was informed that McLaren was losing 0.15 seconds in the first corners. For me this is not a problem, because the reason for this is clear. I have already read in-depth interviews from various riders and other conclusions. In general, the whole reason is the asphalt, which has become 30% more abrasive compared to last year, as well as hot conditions.

The problem is that the drivers had to take care of their tires already at the exit from the pitlane, trying not to overheat the rear tires. That's why Lando didn't attack in the first sector. The experience of sprint qualifying showed that it is easy to overdo the attack and the chassis begins to slide.
Any source for the track been 30% more abrasive?
Mark Hughes:
Pirelli’s assessment of the track surface фы having a micro roughness 30% greater than last year, probably as a result of the super high-pressure water treatment it had received since then. With the gap between the small stones so much greater, there is less chemical bonding between the rubber and the track’s surface.
https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/mark ... qus_thread
That’s great! Thanks for sharing… I was wondering what could have caused it, now it makes sense… Appreciated!

mclaren111

Let's Go Lando... 8) 8)

Ben1980
Ben1980

SilviuAgo wrote:
05 May 2024, 19:54
Norris urged caution against drawing definitive conclusions after just a handful of sessions on one track. Lando Norris says Miami isn’t the best circuit to gauge the full impact of McLaren’s MCL38 upgrade package. He suggested waiting for data gathered over multiple races to provide a more accurate evaluation of the MCL38’s upgrade package.

"I think you can never judge it on one session and one track. You have to see it on high downforce, low downforce and everything. People are too quick to judge everything from one weekend or one day or whatever."

"I think everyone just needs to be a bit more patient with everything and see what it's like over two weekends, three weekends before you start to judge."

"We have our answers of it's working, but to know the true extent of it and how well it performs in all different areas, that's when you have to wait over three races rather than just making a conclusion in one."
Which is all really obvious, isn't it?

mwillems

Ben1980 wrote:
05 May 2024, 21:06
SilviuAgo wrote:
Norris urged caution against drawing definitive conclusions after just a handful of sessions on one track. Lando Norris says Miami isn’t the best circuit to gauge the full impact of McLaren’s MCL38 upgrade package. He suggested waiting for data gathered over multiple races to provide a more accurate evaluation of the MCL38’s upgrade package.

"I think you can never judge it on one session and one track. You have to see it on high downforce, low downforce and everything. People are too quick to judge everything from one weekend or one day or whatever."

"I think everyone just needs to be a bit more patient with everything and see what it's like over two weekends, three weekends before you start to judge."

"We have our answers of it's working, but to know the true extent of it and how well it performs in all different areas, that's when you have to wait over three races rather than just making a conclusion in one."
:D :D :D
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

SilviuAgo

Ben1980 wrote:
05 May 2024, 21:06
SilviuAgo wrote:

After yesterday discution seems that was not for all of our forum colleagues 🤣🤣
Maybe heard from Lando they will chill down a little bit and enjoy today's race 🧡🧡

SilviuAgo

Some info from Andrea regarding less that 1 hour to go race. McLaren setting sights on Ferrari and Perez in F1 Miami GP.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2024/05/ ... -miami-gp/

organic

Zak welcoming presidential candidate to the garage

Kim illman reports that Zak invited him.

Last edited by organic on 05 May 2024, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Lando said he ran Medium in Q3 as he did not have a soft left? Is that accurate? I thought he had same number of tires as Piastri.

organic

FittingMechanics wrote:
05 May 2024, 21:18
Lando said he ran Medium in Q3 as he did not have a soft left? Is that accurate? I thought he had same number of tires as Piastri.
Yeah Lando still has a set of new soft tyres for the race. So that can't be correct.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

organic wrote:
05 May 2024, 21:20
FittingMechanics wrote:
05 May 2024, 21:18
Yeah Lando still has a set of new soft tyres for the race. So that can't be correct.
I think it is likely he is just mistaken but maybe it meant they want to keep a set of new softs for the race - maybe if something goes crazy like a late safety car. Tsunoda did show that you can run 19 laps on softs.

f1rules
f1rules

why the --- they allowed that motherucking idiot to visit :x :x :x

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

f1rules wrote:
05 May 2024, 21:22
Let's ignore that, no need to make it political.

organic

f1rules wrote:
05 May 2024, 21:22
McLaren invited him

Darth-Piekus

Perhaps his aura will add some shine to the car and propel it forward.

I sat and cooled down yesterday thinking that if I was mad for not yet being first imagine what the Tifosi feel as they are without a title the same amount of time. Also imagine the fans of Mercedes going from top to worse as time passes with every upgrade bringing them backwards.