Adrian Newey Leaves Red Bull Racing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
rijtuig
rijtuig

Re: Adrian Newey Leaves Red Bull Racing

lol - defo some people not gonna be happy seeing AN in red =D>

CHT
CHT

Vanja #66 wrote:
16 May 2024, 13:32
Luscion wrote:
16 May 2024, 12:36
Newey saying he'll have a bit of a holiday and probably go again

https://racingnews365.com/newey-hints-a ... -bull-exit
Feels like a big pivot after his first statements. Next contract already signed?
The click bait headlines and the quote from AN are a little out of sync, and it seems like this is now the industry practice among F1 media outlet competing for clicks and traffic.

The same source will tell you that Max is joining Merc in 2025

So Adrian Newey is going to Ferrari?

scuderiabrandon

CHT wrote:
16 May 2024, 14:56
Vanja #66 wrote:
16 May 2024, 13:32
Luscion wrote:
16 May 2024, 12:36
Newey saying he'll have a bit of a holiday and probably go again

https://racingnews365.com/newey-hints-a ... -bull-exit
Feels like a big pivot after his first statements. Next contract already signed?
The click bait headlines and the quote from AN are a little out of sync, and it seems like this is now the industry practice among F1 media outlet competing for clicks and traffic.

The same source will tell you that Max is joining Merc in 2025

So Adrian Newey is going to Ferrari?
:lol:

Xyz22
Xyz22

Why are people surprised? His lawyers worked their ass off to end his contract 1.5 years before the original deadline in order to allow him to join another team in time for the 2026 regs.

Of course his goal was to join another Formula 1 Team. Nothing can be said on which team due to NDAs.

CHT
CHT

Here is the full interview which will help put thing in context.

Backdrop with AN in Redbull uniform, in audience Mark Webber (RB driver), AN talking about RB is like family and they are breaking news about AN joining Ferrari?

Perhaps.. like anything is possible right?

bluechris

gastonmazzacane wrote:
16 May 2024, 14:29
Some particular user is gonna be very dissapointed seeing AN in red :)
There isn't anything else in F1 to go after Red bull ,ok and MCLaren in a smaller percentage. You think at this age that he will go somewhere to start from scratch? No way Jose, he did that so there is no point in it.
He is "THE" top designer of our current era so it's obvious that he will go to the biggest team in F1 history witch is Ferrari. Count also the most successful driver in F1 that will go there from next year, it's a done deal imo.
Imagine Ferrari road cars with his signature. If we drulling with the new 12cilinder, in the life of me i cannot imagine what will get out from Maranelo one day.

Great times ahead :)

PlatinumZealot

People like Newey don't go back to places they've been before so don't expect to see him back at Williams, McLaren or RedBull. He's at the pinnacle of his career and has no reason to take the BS from egomaniac tycoons so don't expect to see him at Aston Martin.. Where I hear Stroll Senior is a bit of a control freak... That leave the myth the legend... scuderia Ferrari..
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

bluechris

5 hours ago post in Formula1.com
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... atSt7zCgVv
Adrian Newey reveals he’s ‘seriously considering changing teams’ as he opens up on future F1 plans

dialtone
dialtone

bluechris wrote:5 hours ago post in Formula1.com
Adrian Newey reveals he’s ‘seriously considering changing teams’ as he opens up on future F1 plans
CHT said it’s impossible. Maybe as a driver, but he was surely taking the next 2 decades off to sail to Madagascar in his oyster boat.

cheeRS
cheeRS

CHT wrote:
16 May 2024, 15:21

Backdrop with AN in Redbull uniform, in audience Mark Webber (RB driver), AN talking about RB is like family and they are breaking news about AN joining Ferrari?

Did anyone else see this? In this video, Eddie is talking about road bikes with Zak Brown down in South Africa. It seems that Eddie had a verbal slip and said, "when we get the next deal from ZAK.....err... whoever it might be..."

Newey to McLaren confirmed? Listen very closely around the 14:50.

Later in the interview Eddie tried to get Zak on stage, but he left the audience abruptly. :o
🤭 wrote:
“Being the 'most successful statistically' has nothing to do with being the 'best'. neither when it comes to the cars, nor when it comes to the drivers” 😂

dialtone
dialtone

cheeRS wrote:
CHT wrote:
16 May 2024, 15:21

Did anyone else see this? In this video, Eddie is talking about road bikes with Zak Brown down in South Africa. It seems that Eddie had a verbal slip and said, "when we get the next deal from ZAK.....err... whoever it might be..."

Newey to McLaren confirmed? Listen very closely around the 14:50.

Later in the interview Eddie tried to get Zak on stage, but he left the audience abruptly. :o
Give the state of some folks on the forum on this matter, it may very well be better for everyone if he doesn’t come to Ferrari. He probably doesn’t want tragedies on his hands.

CHT
CHT

Here is another interview from AN manager EJ, I love the part on how he wrapped up the interview on AN (26.35)
I am sure media is not going to pick this up because its not good for click baiting

May come as a disappointment for many who thinks he left RB because of Hamilton or Ferrari. Or EJ negotiated an early release from RB to join Ferrari in time for 2026. :D

MMTT (More Money Than Time) - something new I learn from EJ

Last edited by CHT on 17 May 2024, 03:53, edited 4 times in total.

Watto
Watto

I think I take EJ for his work there that there hasn't been anything signed of a decision made.

I do tend to think Ferrari are the obvious front runners. I think there is plenty of appeal there atm. But I do also think Newey would be weighing up just exactly what he wants next .

I don't see how team ownership would be an appeal to him - outside maybe some token shares maybe McLaren or Williams would offering up (a few % of the company but effectively no control)

Newey said in the interview too he loves designing cars, engineering meeting being frozen out of those meeting in Miami and just being on the pit wall as strategy only and there for PR didn't appeal to him. Which I think perhaps is an indication too where ever he goes he has to be offered the role he wants. IF he gets there in 6 months time and finds things aren't working at he though can turn around and walk away

The comments about Zak, meh to me neither here not there think more EJ having a bit of a laugh knowing Zak was in the audience than any tip. Think he knew full well Zak wouldn't get up on stage, probably didn't pick he'd do a runner mind you lol. But have no real weight in it one way or another.

CHT
CHT

bluechris wrote:
16 May 2024, 19:23
5 hours ago post in Formula1.com
Watch the full interview of AN during Oyster Yacht event and EJ interview which I just posted. They are both linked.

ringo

Vasseur was asked about Ferrari being less leaky about information. He said things have become more air tight. He has denied Newey coming to Italy was a leak. And he really just came on his own business. But why I think Newey will be at Ferrari, is Fred's clear denial.
He did the same thing when asked if Lewis would drive for Ferrari and Fred said something like he is always talking to Lewis.
"We had some leakages at the beginning when I joined, even before I joined because I understood in the press that I will go to Ferrari before I started the discussion with Ferrari.

"In the last six months, you had gossip in the press, but it was gossip and not real leaks from the team.

"There was the story with [Adrian] Newey seen in Bologna because Newey was going to Mugello [to test]. That's not a leak!

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wh ... 611386/
For Sure!!