2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alonso Fan

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
26 May 2024, 00:00
issey wrote:
25 May 2024, 21:45
Its Monaco they should have know can't put everything at last lap. Alonso (Aston) wasn't fast or competitive at whole week. They wasn't even close to last year q3 time which a shame honestly, because every team was 1 sec faster than last year.

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https% ... d6182496db
Did you watch the session? Did you see how much the track improved? The last lap is the only one which counted for everyone
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

diffuser

diffuser wrote:
26 May 2024, 12:20
Waz wrote:
26 May 2024, 09:56
It's not just the car that's an issue though. This team can't run a GP properly if someone had a gun to their heads.

I don't just mean strategy. It's the approach to the whole weekend and the race. It's not just the conservative strategy choices but also the conservative execution of those decisions.

Their planning is atrocious on the same level as Ferrari was under Binotto and Mekies.

Their execution during Qualifying has been a weakness the whole time this team has been named Aston Martin.

And further with that, you can't win championships buying parts from the 4th best team. Ignore WCC positions the last couple of years, and engineering wise, Mercedes have been 4th at best. Again, that's more planning, and an astute TP should have spotted this in 2022 already.
The goal has always been to build their own gearbox and rear suspension for 2026. So they’ll be buying them from Merc as long as they're buying MERC PUs.
I forgot to add in my previous post that Krack has always maintained that their should be shared gearbox. That there is no performance advantage to making your own gearbox.

Before you disagree with that statement. Please know that the gearbox is just part of the rear suspension and the rear suspension positions the gearbox or is the packaging as a whole. The gearbox doesn't change. He's actually pushing for a common gearbox for 2026. We'll find out in January if he won that battle.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-u ... /10473629/

xReVo
xReVo

Let's prepare for a boring race out of the points, I personally have prepared the cushion

diffuser

Think we're gonna play the long game and start on hards ? wait for cars ahead to pit on Mediums then see if we can bill a gap to the cars that pitted ?

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

I don't even dare write it, but this strategy made little sense... It was expected therevwould be a red flag, under which they could bolt on hards anyway

Nikosar
Nikosar

I think like diffuser, the strategy to go is the long game for at least for one of the two car, there is now chances to score points. Good reaction from Stroll to avoid Ocon mess.

diffuser

SchuMassa wrote:
26 May 2024, 15:06
I don't even dare write it, but this strategy made little sense... It was expected therevwould be a red flag, under which they could bolt on hards anyway
It makes sense cause you have a bigger window with the hards to wait for the safety car. I wonder if you could bolt on the hards on lap 2 and run the whole race on them ? It would be a really boring race then .... Plus the outlap on Mediums is alot faster than on Hards.

diffuser

I think it would suck if after the stupid thing that OCON did that he is allowed to fix his car and would get put ahead of the AMRs.

xReVo
xReVo

diffuser wrote:
26 May 2024, 15:16
SchuMassa wrote:
26 May 2024, 15:06
It makes sense cause you have a bigger window with the hards to wait for the safety car. I wonder if you could bolt on the hards on lap 2 and run the whole race on them ? It would be a really boring race then .... Plus the outlap on Mediums is alot faster than on Hards.
It was better to start with the mediums, it is a very narrow circuit and accidents could be expected. But I don't think anything would have changed

diffuser

Wow and sainz gets put back at 3ird!

Kamel
Kamel

Very careful start from Alo

Nikosar
Nikosar

it looks like they did not complete the lap so they restore the previous order, putting Sainz ahead... but I agree they do not deserve to put Ocon without any penalty.... even Sainz episode need to be seen by the race director

I watched the restart, Alonso could have been looking for a gap but he braked and didn't trust any of them

diffuser

Nikosar wrote:
26 May 2024, 15:29
it looks like they did not complete the lap so they restore the previous order, putting Sainz ahead... but I agree they do not deserve to put Ocon without any penalty.... even Sainz episode need to be seen by the race director

I watched the restart, Alonso could have been looking for a gap but he braked and didn't trust any of them
Hope he has gearbox problems.

xReVo
xReVo

Nikosar wrote:
26 May 2024, 15:29

But what gap should we look for which is 14th, come on guys but are you serious? You have to bring the car home intact without doing anything, end of discussion

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

Those starting on mediums put on hards. This is what I wss talking about, would've been better to split the cars strategically