2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vanja #66

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Binotto failed him twice, Vasseur delivered at once. Good job by everyone in the team, highest operational level since way too long ago and a true professional F1 team again.

I don't think we can imagine what a huge sigh of relief Leclerc had and how much pressure just went away. Realistically, achieving multiple wins this season as a goal is met and WCC fight is on, it was a massive task after 2023 yet here we are...

Carlos was on point today, great P3 and a double podium this weekend 8)
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

bluechris

Damn, at last. Congrats to Charles and to the whole team.

F1NAC

24 points. We can do it! 8)

bananapeel23

WCC fight is officially on now. COME ON!

I dare say Ferrari wins it if the relative pace stays at a status quo. Perez is going to get eaten by McLaren and Ferrari, and unless Verstappen finishes only P1 and P2, that gap is going to be shrinking every weekend.

Even the WDC isn't finished yet.

Also I'm not going to lie. I almost shed a tear.
Last edited by bananapeel23 on 26 May 2024, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

Mega job from charles, was emotional indeed, Carlos did amazing job... love it i will sleep with a smile

Dunlay
Dunlay

Congratulations to Charles! So happy for him. Finally, a Monegasque winner in Monaco. =D>

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Vanja #66 wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:45
Binotto failed him twice, Vasseur delivered at once. Good job by everyone in the team, highest operational level since way too long ago and a true professional F1 team again.

I don't think we can imagine what a huge sigh of relief Leclerc had and how much pressure just went away. Realistically, achieving multiple wins this season as a goal is met and WCC fight is on, it was a massive task after 2023 yet here we are...

Carlos was on point today, great P3 and a double podium this weekend 8)
You’re so right. Watching today made me appreciate how much of a circus it was under binotto. I guarantee we would have ended up pushing then pitting and then failing to regain the lead.

Car is great over kerbs, and the RBR really isn’t. Championship could get blown wide open?! Charles looks so comfortable in the car now, and the confidence this win will bring could be massive

Autobahn303
Autobahn303

I think this win was a big relief for Charles.

f1rules
f1rules

Congrat👍 I really feel happy for leclerc finally getting this 👍

yooogurt

:D
FORZA FERRARI!

Vanja #66

bananapeel23 wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:54

I dare say Ferrari wins it if the relative pace stays at a status quo. Perez is going to get eaten by McLaren and Ferrari, and unless Verstappen finishes only P1 and P2, that gap is going to be shrinking every weekend.

WCC is absolutely RB's to lose, until they mathematically actually lose. On the other hand, they will absolutely not allow themselves to lose WDC and Max will make sure to stamp his authority in Canada.

Perez is having a bit of a bad luck streak, but he brought this DNF on himself today. He might have another results breakdown again, like last year, until this race I really didn't expect him to. Still, they way things are now, history teaches us that Ferrari and McLaren will take so much points off each other and RB will have just enough to close down the WCC as well
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

yooogurt

Vanja #66 wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:45
Realistically, achieving multiple wins this season as a goal is met and WCC fight is on, it was a massive task after 2023 yet here we are...
but also in the WDC there is only a 31 point gap and there are still plenty of races to go and a three team battle looming, I see no reason not to have a shot at both titles
FORZA FERRARI!

bananapeel23

Vanja #66 wrote:
26 May 2024, 18:10
bananapeel23 wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:54

WCC is absolutely RB's to lose, until they mathematically actually lose. On the other hand, they will absolutely not allow themselves to lose WDC and Max will make sure to stamp his authority in Canada.

Perez is having a bit of a bad luck streak, but he brought this DNF on himself today. He might have another results breakdown again, like last year, until this race I really didn't expect him to. Still, they way things are now, history teaches us that Ferrari and McLaren will take so much points off each other and RB will have just enough to close down the WCC as well.
I mean yes Red Bull still has the advantage, but it is certainly not a large one, and it only exists under the assumption that Verstappen can win more than 50% of the remaining races. Perez is by far the worst driver in the top 3 teams, (or top 4 for that matter). He isn't going to be troubling the podium regularly with his qualifying performances if the Red Bull isn't at least a few tenths faster than Ferrari and McLaren in the hands of Verstappen.

Also the McLaren and Red Bull are the cars that handle similarly. The Ferrari is definitely the most different out of the top 3. McLaren and Red Bull might end up trading wins at most tracks, with Ferrari being the clear favourite at others due to their unique strengths. That could end up playing into their hands if McLaren and Red Bull really do end up trading wins.
Last edited by bananapeel23 on 26 May 2024, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

yooogurt

Vanja #66 wrote:
26 May 2024, 18:10
and Max will make sure to stamp his authority in Canada.
Wait, but there are curbs and bumps in Canada, I think we'll get even closer to RB in the standings, but after that it will probably be "Max Strikes Back".
FORZA FERRARI!

Xyz22
Xyz22

Yesss...

Perfect weekend. Everyone did a good job.