2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
26 May 2024, 20:14
If it was really about winning , Sainz would already be signed. Perez should be replaced mid season
Sainz family and Verstappen family have history... No way either of them wants to see each other in the same team.

Also sainz was slower than hulkenberg in renault, who was slower than perez as team mates... I doubt it would make a difference.
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Silent Storm wrote:
26 May 2024, 20:18
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
If it was really about winning , Sainz would already be signed. Perez should be replaced mid season
Sainz family and Verstappen family have history... No way either of them wants to see each other in the same team.

Also sainz was slower than hulkenberg in renault, who was slower than perez as team mates... I doubt it would make a difference.
Pretty obvious that drivers age differently. Sainz has been winning race's and getting poles in an inferior car. So we can't keep circling back to that logic. Sainz also beat Leclerc in 2021 and 2023.

Danil Kvyat beat Daniel Riccardo at one point.

Perez's entourage and Max's can't stand each other either. So that's a wash. Does Jos even get pit passes to the RB garbage anymore ?

But even if we scratch that. What Gasly is obviously a better driver. But they won't sign him either

ringo

Silent Storm wrote:
26 May 2024, 20:18
TeamKoolGreen wrote:

Many drivers are slower than Hulk over a lap. But the key with Sainz is his consistency. He will be consistently faster than Perez in qualifying and apply more tactics in the race. Aslo drivers improve over the years. Sainz is a much better driver now.
There is a reason why Hulk has the record of most races without a podium. He seems to setup for qualifying at his own detriment for the race.

I would however, give Perez at least 5 more races before changing him. I would also change him for Tsunoda. Yuki deserves his chance like all the other redbull Juniors. Yuki has the speed both in race and qualifying, and he can defend.
For Sure!!

mzso
mzso

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
26 May 2024, 21:03
Sainz also beat Leclerc in 2021 and 2023.
In no world that happened. In the midfield one good result can make a year. He edged out Leclerc in 2021 only because Ferrari was incapable of fixing a broken car. They only had to turn the wheels to find the breakage...
In 2023 he didn't even finish in front of Leclerc despite a lucky win.

Cs98
Cs98

mzso wrote:
26 May 2024, 21:12
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
In no world that happened. In the midfield one good result can make a year. He edged out Leclerc in 2021 only because Ferrari was incapable of fixing a broken car. They only had to turn the wheels to find the breakage...
Lucky win? He took pole and led from the front the entire race. About as "lucky" as Charles today.

dialtone
dialtone

Cs98 wrote:
mzso wrote:
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
Lucky win? He took pole and led from the front the entire race. About as "lucky" as Charles today.
I think he meant lucky as in the lone win from a different team than RBR and it was unexpected but he certainly was there. This year already 3 wins went to other teams so less lucky.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

mzso wrote:
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
I stand corrected. I forgot that Leclerc edged Sainz by 6 points in 2023

Nobody is saying that Sainz is better than Leclerc. It was just a retort to your claim that Sainz was slower than Hulk who was slower than Perez.

Hulk out qualified everyone including Max last year, speaking of drivers who age better.

Who would you put in the car next year ? perez ?

Cs98
Cs98

dialtone wrote:
26 May 2024, 21:55
Cs98 wrote:
mzso wrote:

I think he meant lucky as in the lone win from a different team than RBR and it was unexpected but he certainly was there. This year already 3 wins went to other teams so less lucky.
Nothing to do with luck, they had the car that weekend and he provided the performance. No different from this weekend or countless others.

SKYnRacing24

Max's bluntness is why ive come around to him this year let alone his relentless pace. Always calls it for what it is and doesn't mess about starting narratives for these narcissistic reporters (tbf they still do anyway) how he handled himself after pinkham was calling it a race and why he couldn't do anything. Glad theres a driver on the grid to call out that BS.

As for the pace of this car. Something has knocked it out of its working range and its not tyre related imo. The fact the car has inherent issues with curbs amplified from last year is weird. Violent Bouncing at times. Chronic understeer and grip loses in certain corners. Maybe the complete revolution of last years concept has bit them on the arse abit. Will be interesting to see where they stand on conventional tracks . I still believe Max would beat these guys if the car is stable and is on par. His talent ceiling is higher imo
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

Paa

What do you think about Marko's comment on not being able to simulate suspension behavior on bumps/kerbs? This explains their typical struggle to find the best setup for a weekend, while other teams typically arrive with much better base setup. And also their incapability to correct this in car behavior. As I understand they sacrificed the high-speed capabilities of RB19 and expected the RB20 to be much better on low speed + street circuits. They seem to be improved in low speed, but certainly not better over kerbs, possibly even worse.
It is also surprising as RB was one of the best teams in terms of simulation capabilities and they have been traditionally very confident with upgrades and had top-notch correlation.

This could be a major issue and not just short, but also medium/long term, seeing how quickly other teams can improve.

chrisc90

Max's sky interview was nothing but the truth. Poor Natalie didnt know what to say when Max flipped the question about how boring the race was.

https://fb.watch/sk8IK4dL4Z/

mzso
mzso

dialtone wrote:
26 May 2024, 21:55
Cs98 wrote:
mzso wrote:

And the SC won him the race against Leclerc. Sainz remained first, while Leclerc fell back four places with the slow tire change.
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
26 May 2024, 21:56
Nobody is saying that Sainz is better than Leclerc. It was just a retort to your claim that Sainz was slower than Hulk who was slower than Perez.

Hulk out qualified everyone including Max last year, speaking of drivers who age better.
That wasn't me.
I assume you mean he outqualified his teammate more often than anyone. No-one out-qualified Verstappen.
Doesn't matter too much, when your teammate is weak.
TeamKoolGreen wrote:
26 May 2024, 21:56
Who would you put in the car next year ? perez ?
The Red Bull seat? Lawson, probably. He handled pressure well. And there's no reason to be enthusiastic about any of the other three Red Bull drivers in F1.
Last edited by mzso on 27 May 2024, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.

mzso
mzso

chrisc90 wrote:
27 May 2024, 13:07
Max's sky interview was nothing but the truth. Poor Natalie didnt know what to say when Max flipped the question about how boring the race was.

Dead link already.
I also read, that he proposed to change the circuit. For which I have ideas. :)

chrstphrln

chrisc90 wrote:

It would be more credible if he had seriously complained in recent years that he was constantly driving around in P1 from the start... :D

chrisc90

mzso wrote:
27 May 2024, 13:22
chrisc90 wrote:

Dead link already.
I also read, that he proposed to change the circuit. For which I have ideas. :)
Still works?