F1 memorabilia

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
manchild

F1 memorabilia

Now is your chance to by F1 car on-line and if you can’t afford that :wink: there are cheaper items from car parts, wind tunnel models to team clothing etc.

http://www.bachellp.com/plantandmachine ... inardi.asp

:-$ Tomba, Alonso's first F1 seat is on sale too :wink:

Monstrobolaxa

I participated in the last auction...so did Scarbs...and we ended up leaving it because the prices where over the moon.....they asked me for 80 euros just for shipping 2 mechanics shirts to Portugal! Besides the 120 euros I was going to pay for them!

2 Gear ratios reached 80 euros.....2 weeks later I bought 2 gear ratios from Jordan on ebay for 30 euros!!!

The prices are really high.....if you're willing to spend 100 to 200 euros....you'll come home (or will receive at home)....something very close to nothing!!! 90% of the lots reached over 60 euros!

Some steering wheels were more expensive then a whole car!

manchild

:shock: What would happen if that was sale of some successful F1 team?

Having checked the item list it seams to me that Stoddy will earn more on this auction than he earned by selling the team... :roll:

Still, the are many desirable things there :( :cry:

Scuderia_Russ

Ahh memorabilia. Anyone got any good bits? Welcome to my favourite room in the house!!!

This is a signed photo of Nigel Mansell exiting the tunnel at Monaco in 1992. His battle with Senna in the closing laps is my first Grand Prix memory so it means alot this one.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/ ... ia0003.jpg

Two signed programmes from the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Sigs incl. Button, Wilson, Arnoux, Patrese, Pizzonia, Coulthard, Liuzzi, Hill, Piquet Jnr, Derek Bell and Tom Chilton (B.T.C.C. star)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/ ... ia0005.jpg

My prized possesion. The rear of a Ferrari sidepod from Schuey's Ferrari F310B.This is the actual peice that rode with Schuey to race wins in San Marino,Monaco, France and Hungary. It is signed by Ross Brawn, Jody Sheckter and Schuey himself. Cost me a cool £3,000. Next to it is the signed balaclava from F3 Euroseries front runner and the next English F1 hopeful James Rossiter. (won from Autosport)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/ ... ia0002.jpg

The accompanying documentation and a photo of Brawn signing it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/ ... ia0004.jpg
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Scuderia_Russ

I've always wondered how difficult it would be to fit an affordable road car engine such as an old Rover V8 to the rolling chassis of a Formula car. I don't see why it isn't do-able... oh the fun i'd have if I was an eccentric millionare!!! :D
-Henry Ford-

manchild

Scuderia_Russ wrote: It is signed by Ross Brawn, Jody Sheckter and Schuey himself. Cost me a cool £3,000
Monstro, now you know who makes the prices go "over the moon" :wink:
Scuderia_Russ wrote:...oh the fun i'd have if I was an eccentric millionare!!!
Aren't you :?: :!:

Principessa

Manchild, I think the race seat of Alonso will be tooooo expensive.
There are a lot of rich people who are interested in F1. :?

Monstrobolaxa

Hummm...in any case the gear ratios weren't signed and they costed a lot! Only around 5 to 10% of the items are signed!

manchild

Principessa wrote:Manchild, I think the race seat of Alonso will be tooooo expensive.
There are a lot of rich people who are interested in F1. :?
Good thing that Tomba has you as “the voice of reason”, imagine what would he do on his own :wink:

BTW, nice avatar - all Renault F1 team colors :lol:

Principessa

My avatar has nothing to do with F1 or Renault, it's just hazard. I just love the Smurfs...it's my inner child :P

manchild

Principessa wrote:My avatar has nothing to do with F1 or Renault, it's just hazard. I just love the Smurfs...it's my inner child :P
... and you're the only girl among all these guys - that's another symbolism :wink:

Principessa

Well, I don't really think that I'm the only girl here :oops:

manchild

Scuderia_Russ wrote:...Cost me a cool £3,000...
Now I get the meaning of your avatar :wink:

BTW, wouldn’t it be cheaper if several people interested in memorabilia would buy for example whole gearbox together and than share gears among them selves? :wink:

Scuderia_Russ

manchild wrote:
Scuderia_Russ wrote:...Cost me a cool £3,000...
Now I get the meaning of your avatar :wink:
He, he... In my dreams. At the mo I'm free seeing as I have no mrs, no mortgage and no kids so i'm making the most of it! There are plenty more avatars where that came from...i'll see what else I can dig up as a bit of a treat just for you Manchild :wink: Unfortunately most of them do not conform with F1Technical regulations :mrgreen:
-Henry Ford-