important!!

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
jaslfc

important!!

We can make it work.

----------------------------------------

Subject: FW: 22nd September-no petrol day

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE WORLD DID NOT PURCHASE
A DROP OF PETROL FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL
COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS
OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL
COMPANIES.

THEREFORE THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 22nd HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED
"STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND DAY" AND THE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD SHOULD
NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF PETROL THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS
MANYPEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS
NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN
PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF PETROL GOING UP BUT AT
THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCK
COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON
EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING
SUPPLIES, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE
DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO
EVERYONE YOU KNOW.

MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 22nd A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS
OF THE WORLD SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

joseff

Make it work, how?

Even switching on a lightbulb in your house would result in a bit of diesel being burnt to generate the power.

Same case if you take the subway...

jaslfc

i dont know.. i got it in my mail and many of my friends got it too. what they mean is by not filling up ur car in the service station.. maybe true or maynot be.. no harm trying

manchild

joseff wrote:...Even switching on a lightbulb in your house would result in a bit of diesel being burnt to generate the power...
There are diesel powered generators used in case of el. network failure or by army and in distant villages etc. but that oil is already been bought and stored by owner. Most of the power plants in the world are hydro or nuclear including some that use coal and those using coal are the only ones using diesel for coal excavation machinery.

I think that the idea behind all this is choke petrol companies somewhere between refinery and gas station since and refineries will be forced to postpone production because there won’t be enough space to store freshly produced fuel.

How come that author of this manifest forgot to suggest not taking airplane on that day too?!!!

Any ideas how many fuel is used by commercial airplanes per day? I remember reading one article about pollution in Mexico City where it was said that one 747 during takeoff consummates same amount of fuel as 1500 VW Beatles!
Last edited by manchild on 21 Sep 2005, 07:56, edited 1 time in total.

joseff

Moving even further off topic... I'm from Indonesia where the govt subsidizes fuel costs.

A liter of regular unleaded is *drumroll...* US$0.23

Take that, you Eurofolks!

Well if you think that the gas prices are high in US then you are welcome to fill your car here in Sweden. If you have a large vehicle then I dont think you will have any money left for the ticket home. In Sweden the goverment doesnt subsidize instead they tax it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that the tax is more than 80% of the total cost!! Now how about that before you start whining :)

/ Fx

Scuderia_Russ

joseff wrote: Take that, you Eurofolks!
:lol: I know where i'd rather be in hospital though!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

manchild

Scuderia_Russ wrote::lol: I know where i'd rather be in hospital though!
...or prison :wink:

Scuderia_Russ

:lol: :!:
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

DaveKillens

I endorse the concept, but........
http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp

f1.redbaron

Anonymous wrote:Well if you think that the gas prices are high in US then you are welcome to fill your car here in Sweden. If you have a large vehicle then I dont think you will have any money left for the ticket home. In Sweden the goverment doesnt subsidize instead they tax it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that the tax is more than 80% of the total cost!! Now how about that before you start whining :)

/ Fx

Understandable. However, we're comparing apples and oranges. In North America, it is not uncommon for a person to drive >50km to work (x2 for a round trip). Multiply that by 5 days/week, add the wife's car, and you get the idea of just how much travelling does an average family do in a week (and that number doesn't include trips to the grocery store, picking kids up from soccer practice (or whatever), etc.). It adds up.

On top of that, there are lots of families in Canada (and I can imagine, the US) who own cottages some 200km from where they live, which they visit on, almost, weekly basis during the summer months. In order to get there, they have to have large vehicles (usually SUV or a minivan) with their 3.0L engines (at best). Plus, a lot of us N. Americans are lazy (i.e. we depend on our cars) so we use them all the time.

Also, Canadians are no strangers to driving from (for example) Ontario to British Columbia (5000km), or from Ontario to Florida (again 5000km). Now, tell me, how many Europeans do the same? How many of them rack up >40,000km every year? Even if they did, European 1.2L diesel engines will use up, by far, a lot less fuel than my 3.0L V6 that requires premium fuel.

Now, one can say that it is our fault that we depend on our cars so much, but it is not something we can control. It is how most of us were brought up and what we're used to.

Cheers

P.S. One good thing that will come from all this is that the car companies will start to think about introducing more hybrid vehicles. Congratulations to Toyota (mainly) and other Japanese manufacturers for working hard on developing and improving hybrids.