Jerez Test December 2009

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
astracrazy

Jerez Test December 2009

Anybody know what teams are present?

also what drivers are we expecting?

does anyone think we will see any new major car developments? Things we have not seen before? How i remember this time last year seeing all them new front and rear wings! Was quiet exciting really!
Last edited by astracrazy on 30 Nov 2009, 23:28, edited 1 time in total.

astracrazy

Re: Jerez Test This Week

Thanks, i should of looked properly

at work so don't get much time! lol

Fil

i wonder what the ex-Brawn GP team will run as livery..
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

astracrazy

good point

I can see it being just the same but with Mercedes GP on it at the moment instead of Brawn GP. We will prob see the new livery at the launch. Who knows. Perhaps the yellow replaced with silver?

I'm curious if this week we will see any development tests on the 09 cars for 2010 or if it will be just new kids in the 09 cars as they finished?

Giblet

I think they will drop the Brawn name quickly and any attached livery.

RB himself didn't even field the idea for the name, it was presented to him and he went with it.

Mercedes based on everything they have been doing with Mclaren up until the Brawn buyout, suggests they are in F1 for the long haul, and want F1 to be their series of choice.

The 24.9% in the team is merely a retirement fund for RB and NF when they sell the rest of the team eventually.

At the same time I had great respect for BMW keeping the Sauber name attached. Very classy thing to do.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

ISLAMATRON

I think we will see the new front tires, and with that new front wings to go with them.

gibells

It's fine and dry here, but very cold (for us). So that's 11 deg C. LOL. It rained on the weekend but I'm hoping it will stay away for the test.

astracrazy

I love winter testing, seeing all the new parts. Last year was the best in that respect.
Hopefully we will see some new things tomorrow.

When will we see proper testing with the likes of Lewis etc.

ISLAMATRON

not till january, or maybe even febuary

Scotracer

It's February when the real testing gets underway. This week will be running 2009 cars, but I do wonder if they'll run 2010 tyres.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

scarbs

I asked Bridgestone about tyres for the test, but they haven’t confirmed, I doubt 2010 tyres will be run at this test.

No doubt the teams will want to run development parts, but this will depend on the drivers being run. With inexperienced drivers teams are more likely to run older well known configs. With their experience Paffett at McLaren and Hulk at Williams are more likely to try out new parts.

astracrazy

I spose Mclaren are 1 up on that front, Paffett is experienced enough to try out new parts than most of the others.

As Mclaren's poor performance (at the start of last season) i can see they will def. be bring some new development parts

ESPImperium

Complete list of drivers:

Number Team Driver Chassis
31 McLaren-Mercedes Gary Paffet MP4/24
31 McLaren-Mercedes Oliver Turvey MP4/24
32 Scuderia Ferarri Jules Bianchi F60
32 Scuderia Ferarri Daniel Zampieri F60
32 Scuderia Ferarri Marco Zipoli F60
32 Scuderia Ferarri Pablo Sanchez Lopez F60
33 BMW Sauber/Sauber F1 Alexander Rossi F1.09
33 BMW Sauber/Sauber F1 Esteban Gutierrez F1.09
34 Renault F1 Lucas di Grassi R29
34 Renault F1 Bertrand Baguette R29
34 Renault F1 Ho-Pin Tung R29
36 STR-Ferarri Brendon Hartley STR4
36 STR-Ferarri Mirko Bortolotti STR4
37 Red Bull-Renault Daniel Ricciardo RB5
38 Williams-Toyota Nico Hulkenberg FW31
38 Williams-Toyota Andy Soucek FW31
39 Force India-Mercedes Paul di Resta VJM/02
39 Force India-Mercedes J.R. Hildebrand VJM/02
40 Mercedes GP/Brawn GP Mike Conway BGP001
40 Mercedes GP/Brawn GP Marcus Ericsson BGP001

Toyota may turn up at the last minuite if they are leasing to Stefan GP for the next 2 years.

Expect to see all the cars as is for then new guys to them, as for the older heads, like Paffet, Hartley, di Grasi & Hulkenberg they have an idea of what the car should feel like and such they will be able to try new parts and do 2010 tyre runs after half a days running and re-familiarisation of the car and its controls. If i were a team id only want 2 drivers, as any more than that, it may go wrong. Force India have it right, half days for their 2 guys for the first two days, then for the last day, let the guy who is fastest do a full 2009 GP simulation and a few more laps. Ferarri have 3 guys testing on the last day, probably doing arround 20 laps each. Red Bull have their guy doing what looks, on paper, to be a full race weekend simulation, and a little more.

Giblet

Re: Jerez Test December 2009

Never seen this before. The Ferrari is excited.

Quite the antenna.

Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute