GB vs USA

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Scuderia_Russ

Re: BRM H-16

riff_raff wrote: The joke we (American engineers) like to tell about British engineers is: All British engineering students are required read the textbook "Complex Solutions to Non-Existent Problems".
[/i]
We Brits have alot more time on our hands seeing as we don't have any guns to polish. You sound quite envious of our past engine successes and different approaches to old problems.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

riff_raff

"We Brits have alot more time on our hands seeing as we don't have any guns to polish"

Here in the U.S., we don't allow children or the mentally ill to possess firearms either.

:lol:

manchild

riff_raff wrote:Here in the U.S., we don't allow children or the mentally ill to possess firearms either.
So this is an OT... 8)

ummm... did you watch "Bowling for Columbine"? http://www.bowlingforcolumbine.com/medi ... /index.php Check out clip named "Michael at the bank"

That bank gives a shotgun to anyone who opens account and there is no psychological testing except for clerk asking customer about mental illness! Image

And children... what is the age of a person when it is considered a child? :wink:

Isn't it a custom in US for kids to get air gun at age of 12 than .22 rifle at age of 14 and 12 gauge shotgun at age of 16 (if they are not so good in school than only 16 gauge)? Image

In most of the Europe adults can't even buy an air gun without paperwork, not to mention anything more serious. Image

Spencifer_Murphy

F1 guys...no politics LOL....altho I must say I am very proud to b british and refuse to believe that America won WW2...they simly helped the allies win it lol. After all the greatest battle was the Battle of Britain. And the US made the A-Bomb with german scientists lol.

But still....the US & the UK...WW2....what a great team.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

riff_raff

"But still....the US & the UK...WW2....what a great team."

I agree.....Sorry for the OT.

rgsuspsa
rgsuspsa

Re: BRM H-16

manchild wrote:
Scuderia_Russ wrote:We Brits have alot more time on our hands seeing as we don't have any guns to polish.

A man/woman disarmed by government decree is a subject. A man/woman armed by choice is a citizen.

rgsuspsa

manchild

rgsuspsa wrote:A man/woman disarmed by government decree is a subject. A man/woman armed by choice is a citizen.
Don’t forget criminals and terrorists - they are also “armed by choice”… =;

BTW, a subject is anyone who pays tax and obeys the law.

manchild wrote:
rgsuspsa wrote:A man/woman disarmed by government decree is a subject. A man/woman armed by choice is a citizen.
Don’t forget criminals and terrorists - they are also “armed by choice”… =;

And those disarmed by government decree are defenseless victims of both the terrorists, and the government.

rgsuspsa

manchild

I sense great opportunity for a debate here :wink: but since it would obviously turn into pile of OT posts I withdraw from further comments regarding weapon.

RH1300S

manchild wrote:I sense great opportunity for a debate here :wink: but since it would obviously turn into pile of OT posts I withdraw from further comments regarding weapon.
Very wise :wink: I have been sitting here biting my tongue.......

Perhaps we should all respect our differences and reflect that most of us could travel almost anywhere in the world and meet people of any culture/religion/colour and find that at heart we all have a lot more in common than what separates us.

manchild

Note:

My post found in this topic posted beginning with Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:53 pm were NOT posted in “GB vs. USA” topic and they are here because moderator decided to moderate :wink: topic BRM H-16. I didn’t write having in mind only these two countries – I wrote having in mind the whole planet.

GB isn’t the only country were private ownership of weapon is prohibited and USA isn’t the only country where it isn’t. I don’t think that “GB vs. USA” is appropriate name for the topic and I wouldn’t be posting at all if this title was there all the time. By my opinion, something universal based on “pacifism vs. militarism” would be better for the topic name.

I hope no one will get offended especially not Brits, Americans and webmaster. :wink:
Last edited by manchild on 02 Oct 2005, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.

Scuderia_Russ

I'm glad you cleared that up Manchild. When i first saw that the above titled thread I thought that someone had got hold of my log in somehow! BTW, anything i have said in this thread was done so with my tongue in cheek and was not intended to offend anyone!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

RH1300S

Scuderia_Russ wrote:I'm glad you cleared that up Manchild. When i first saw that the above titled thread I thought that someone had got hold of my log in somehow! BTW, anything i have said in this thread was done so with my tongue in cheek and was not intended to offend anyone!
Most of us realised that ;) :D

f1.redbaron

[quote="manchild

ummm... did you watch "Bowling for Columbine"? [url][/quote]

I did, couple of days ago...Some of the statistics are just amazing. What was it, like, 12,000 deaths in US compared to <200 (on average) in Canada and some European nations?

manchild

I can’t discuss it any further under such topic title, sorry I’ve already explained that...