Kimi sings the blues (feat. Alphaville)

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
manchild

Kimi sings the blues (feat. Alphaville)

:-({|=

World championship
Clouds of blue smoke all around my head and in the wind
I had no illusions
That I’d ever find a geisha in Mclaren motorhome
Sake did what it did to me, now it’s history I see
Here’s my comeback on the foot again
--- will happen while it can
I will wait here tow-truck to arrive, it’s not easy when you blow in Japan

When you blow in Japan, fourth time
Blow in Japan, fourth time, blow in Japan where Renault seams so good
Blow in Japan, fourth time, sad, that I’ll start from backside
Things aren’t easy when you blow in Japan, when you blow in Japan

Nomex on my naked skin
Passing silhouette of strange Illmor-Mercedes
Shall I stay here at this turn
Or shall I go and change my engine now for another ugly one
Sake did what it did to me, now it’s history I see
--- will happen while it can
I will wait here tow-truck to arrive, it’s not easy when you blow in Japan

When you blow in Japan...
Last edited by manchild on 07 Oct 2005, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.

Principessa

Very original Manchild :wink:

In the wake of Kimi's failure and Fernando's comments, it makes me wonder, what if a manufacturer stuck with designing one race engines? Do you think that it would it be possible that the horsepower advantage from a one-race engine would easily overcome the 10 place grid penalty (barring any unforseen crashes, driver error or other technical failures)?

And as well, if a driver were to have two engine failures prior to the race, would the penalties be compound (as in 10+10=20 place grid penalty)? If not then maybe they could even go back to having a quali-spec engine and a race spec

All just silly ideas that came to mind...

manchild

It would be too expensive since they'd have to change engine on every Friday and take all risks you mentioned.

I was wondering about the same thing (as in 10+10=20 place grid penalty). I think that is stays because driver could qualify with changed engine and than blow it in cooling lap or even as he crosses the finish line. That would be +20 but since there are only 20 cars blowing second engine during or after qualifying means starting from last position (+20 would have meaning if there was at least 21 cars).

jaslfc

im wondering also.. like in kimi's position earlier in the year.. when his engine blew why didnt they take the engine of his teammate and give it to him and let them take the penalty?is it against the rules

manchild

jaslfc wrote:im wondering also.. like in kimi's position earlier in the year.. when his engine blew why didnt they take the engine of his teammate and give it to him and let them take the penalty?is it against the rules
I'm not sure if it is against the rules... It is more likely that it was never done because there is not enough time and most of all it would require second driver of Irvine’s or Barichello’s character.