F1technical v6

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Steven
Owner

F1technical v6

hi people...

I'll use this thread to keep you all up to date of what is happening here. Please reply by posting a new topic... just information for you all here.

for 6.0.1 I'm all focused on search engine performance here...
I have made google and others able to spider the technical articles, which should be a huge advantage, and have furthermore limited the search pages that google is permitted within the forum, so that (for instance) your profiles do not get listed in google search.
Last edited by Steven on 14 Feb 2006, 17:07, edited 3 times in total.

Steven
Owner

just to note you guys that there's a new thing here.
It contains tons of new information about the cars that drove in F1, and at the same time removed "Year by year"

The newest addition (about 1100 pages :P ) can be found under:
history > all cars ever

Steven
Owner

our hosting company have recently been trying to solve the problems that you may have found visiting this site.
There simply was too much traffic on the server.

Now there is a new database version and a new webserver. It may be that we are down sometimes in the coming days because of the switch, but from what I see everything is solved

If you experience otherwise, let me know in PM (private message) or mail

Steven
Owner

development of 7.0.0

hi all,

you may have thought this there is not much new here, but the truth is I'm working as much a possible to 7.0.0

There are certain limits with what we have now, and what I want to realise are the following:
- allow others to write news (if you want to, no obligation whatsoever, let me know)
- splitting long articles in pages
- an all teams ever database (which I will start in beta, some info may be wrong for which I will need all your help)
- info on how to get into F1 (please don't email a question about how to do that to me, I'll write general guidelines)
- hopefully an upgraded forum (if that new version gets released in time

Well the problem is basically the design... I want to know from you ALL what you think, what you'd change, if you're good in design suggest something, whatever may be of interest to this site, let me know!!

I can't ask enough basically, it's you all I rely on

greetz