Analysis of 2010 WDC and WCC Odds

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Who will win the 2010 WDC

Hamilton
27%
Schumacher
10%
Alonso
29%
Vettel
16%
Button
7%
Massa
8%
Rosberg
3%

Total votes: 125

xpensive

Re: Poll: 2010 WDC/Odds tracking thread

I think everyone is underestimating Rosberg. If the Mercedes is very fast and reliable, if he's lucky and doesn't make so many mistakes, while his team-mate is slower than him, he will be Champion!
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Fil

xpensive wrote:I think everyone is underestimating Rosberg. If the Mercedes is very fast and reliable, if he's lucky and doesn't make so many mistakes, while his team-mate is slower than him, he will be Champion!
:lol: that's very nice & vague of you Xp..

"I think everyone is underestimating <insert your favourite driver>. If the <insert your favourite driver's team> is very fast and reliable, if he's lucky and doesn't make so many mistakes, while his team-mate is slower than him, he will be Champion!"
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

WhiteBlue

To finish first you first have to finish

To drive quick you first have to have a seat

To have a seat you first have to have money

To have money you first have to have the right daddy or talent

It looks like these guys have a helluva job to do. :lol:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

sknguy

I couldn't bring myself to vote because I haven't seen the cars yet. But I do think that the odds are far too spread out. All things (cars) being equal, it would be a very close title championship with a lot of dark-horses and spoilers. There should be a companion poll for the constructors.

Mr Alcatraz

sknguy wrote:I couldn't bring myself to vote because I haven't seen the cars yet. But I do think that the odds are far too spread out. All things (cars) being equal, it would be a very close title championship with a lot of dark-horses and spoilers. There should be a companion poll for the constructors.
Excellent idea I'll plus-one that! =D>
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

WhiteBlue

Constructor odds are usually not available before the first race, if at all. I will set up a poll for the contructors as well.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

raceman

WhiteBlue wrote:To finish first you first have to finish

To drive quick you first have to have a seat

To have a seat you first have to have money

To have money you first have to have the right daddy or talent

It looks like these guys have a helluva job to do. :lol:

:lol:

+1

xpensive

WhiteBlue wrote:Constructor odds are usually not available before the first race, if at all. I will set up a poll for the contructors as well.
A most xciting poll indeed. I think people are underestimating Virgin. If Nick Wirth's creation is very fast and reliable, if they're lucky and their drivers don't make so many mistakes, they will have a vey good chance to win the WCC.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

raceman

xpensive wrote:I think people are underestimating Virgin. If Nick Wirth's creation is very fast and reliable, if they're lucky and their drivers don't make so many mistakes, they will have a vey good chance to win the WCC.

with all due respect X,

pardon?

WhiteBlue

raceman wrote:
xpensive wrote:I think people are underestimating Virgin. If Nick Wirth's creation is very fast and reliable, if they're lucky and their drivers don't make so many mistakes, they will have a vey good chance to win the WCC.

with all due respect X,

pardon?
he is joking :lol: compare his other post
xpensive wrote:I think everyone is underestimating Rosberg. If the Mercedes is very fast and reliable, if he's lucky and doesn't make so many mistakes, while his team-mate is slower than him, he will be Champion!
On a more serious note I expect this thread to help us make more informed statements about drivers. Particularly at this time of the year it shows how drivers are perceived by the global public and not only by their fans.

WhiteBlue

Close to 60 votes now

visualized

The most significant difference between the forum poll and the world view is a good chunk of votes for Hamlton and Alonso that global tippers would give to Michael Schumacher. In the global view the three leading drivers are near to equal, in the forum view Schumacher only gets about half the votes that his younger competitors collect.

audifan

smart money looks like button at 12 to 1

WhiteBlue

The general F1technical poll has now run for a short time. The trend is pretty much like the world odds. It slightly over emphasizes Schumacher's chances compared to the world odds. This is in stark contrast to the forum poll that massively under represents Schumacher's chances. The site poll has been pretty stable from a short base of 100 votes to now over 700 votes.

It is interesting to compare the number of voters on the site poll and the forum poll. In a comparable 24h time frame the site poll had attracted 650 votes while the forum poll had less than ten. After three day it had grown to 21 votes and after a month it has only 65. The site will probably have about 100 times more users than the forum has active posters in a given time frame.

Roland Ehnström

audifan wrote:smart money looks like button at 12 to 1
If the end of last year is anything to go by, Vettel at 6.5/1 looks pretty good to me. And Webber at 34/1 is tempting...

But nothing beats last year, Button at 100/1... My best 10 Euro spent ever. :D

audifan

latest points change makes a difference
better for the go for it drivers , ham and schu
not so good for the percentage players like button and alonso