Scuderia Toro Rosso STR5 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ESPImperium

Scuderia Toro Rosso STR5 Ferrari

TR5 Is Go!
25 | 01 | 10
We used this sneaky spy shot to invite the media to our new car launch.

Our 2010 challenger, the TR5 is now ready enough for us to have confirmed next Monday, February 1 as the launch date for the new car, on the first day of a three-day test session at the Valencia circuit in Spain - that's the 'real' race track, rather than the Valencia street circuit which hosts the European GP.

Work in our Faenza facility has been going on around the clock, with mechanics doing shifts through the night to get the car built in time. With only 15 days of testing allowed before the first grand prix in Bahrain, we really wanted to get in as much mileage as possible, for the sake of sorting out the car and also to give our still comparatively inexperienced drivers, as much cockpit time as possible.

At the moment, the plan is for Sébastien Buemi to give the TR5 its maiden voyage around the track, continuing to drive on the Tuesday, before handing over the steering wheel to the recently reconfirmed Jaime Alguersuari, for Wednesday's session.

Once the car has appeared on Monday morning, we'll have more news and photos for you to gawp at right here.
http://www.tororosso.com/Car/News/TR5-Is-Go/

16 - Sebastian Buemi
17 - Jamie Alguersuari
38 - Brendon Hartley & Daniel Ricciardo (Rotational format every race, shared with Red Bull for Test & Reserve duties)

Will it be like/simmilar the Red Bull RB6 post shared design clamp down???

Pandamasque

Re: Scuderia Toro Rosso-Ferarri STR5

ESPImperium wrote:Will it be like/simmilar the Red Bull RB6 post shared design clamp down???
No. Here it is.

Definitely a looker.

PS: what was wrong about 'STR5' ?

f1-cobra

Saw this on http://twitter.com/F1Lite
http://twitpic.com/10hf1h - Is this the new Toro Rosso livery?

Probably for the best so Jaime can find his pitbox. :P

StrFerrari4Ever

f1-cobra wrote:Saw this on http://twitter.com/F1Lite
http://twitpic.com/10hf1h - Is this the new Toro Rosso livery?

Probably for the best so Jaime can find his pitbox. :P
Lol whilst it's a great attempt at a possible livery, I'm sure Jaime won't make the same mistake in the future.
Also there's no real news from Faenza I'm feeling a bit anxious I really wanna see their car and what they've come up with during the winter, hopefully all this keeping quiet is because of something rather special! Roll on 1st of February 2010.

just a clarification. The STR car will be the TR5 and not the STR5. even last years car was the TR4.

This happens to be in line with the naming at RBR...where the cars are RBx rather than RBRx. I do believe that the first couple of cars were indeed STR1, etc.

robbertmd

newbie wrote:just a clarification. The STR car will be the TR5 and not the STR5. even last years car was the TR4.

This happens to be in line with the naming at RBR...where the cars are RBx rather than RBRx. I do believe that the first couple of cars were indeed STR1, etc.
You are correct about the TR5, but the 2009 Toro Rosso was indeed called STR4.

Small extract from the 2009 Scuderia Toro Rosso press kit:
"STR4 TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
Official car name: STR4 Engine: Ferrari V8 Type 056 Chassis material: Composite monocoque structure Bodywork material: Carbon fibre composite ..."

Raptor22

ya ya ya but where are the pictures... :roll:

marcush.

german online mag babbles about tororossos rise of budget due to increased workload...
http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 13102.html

the funny bit is :they increased the staff from 165 to 257 persons , mainly engineers ...and this let to a claimed increase of cost for human recources of 3 million € ...
I do´t want to offend anyone ,but is there an engineer out there working for this sort of money??? sorry but i could not live on that sort of earnings and would not even think a second about it....I´m aware of wages for italy beeing a lot lower than germany but the average engineer in italy has 39k € pa ....so how do they count at TR
is a mystery to me as you will surely have more than wages to pay as an employer also in italy...

ESPImperium

marcush. wrote:german online mag babbles about tororossos rise of budget due to increased workload...
http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 13102.html

the funny bit is :they increased the staff from 165 to 257 persons , mainly engineers ...and this let to a claimed increase of cost for human recources of 3 million € ...
I do´t want to offend anyone ,but is there an engineer out there working for this sort of money??? sorry but i could not live on that sort of earnings and would not even think a second about it....I´m aware of wages for italy beeing a lot lower than germany but the average engineer in italy has 39k € pa ....so how do they count at TR
is a mystery to me as you will surely have more than wages to pay as an employer also in italy...
Senior engineers get paid more, also include the supervisors etc.. And youll eventually eat up the budget really quickly. And as Ross Brawn said last year, labour can take up a considerable ammount of budget due to the fact that the engineers have to be paid more than a general engineer operating in a single work area every day due to the ammount of travel thats involved in F1.

Id say the labour budget would be structured like this:

HQ Only Engineer: 45K
Travel Engineer: 70K
Senior HQ: 75K
Senior Traveling: 100K
Car Engineer: 120K
Data Engineer: 170K
Race Engineer: 225K

The budget can be quite a large ammount. I know that Williams pay their travel engineers reportedly earning £50K a year, with the HQ only engineers getting paid arround £32K a year. And if Williams have a team of arround 750 people, and 400 are just based at HQ, thats £1.28M gone at minimum.

Labour budgets for F1 teams are high ticket items, sometimes costing more than a test driver or on occasion a race driver, and you get better value from 100 engineers than just a single driver.

Id say that €3million would be a pretty accurate figure.

Raptor22

is that Total cost of employment including travel allowances or just salary before benefits?

Roland Ehnström

Hmm, ESPImperium, I think the point marcush is trying to make is that STR increaded their staff by 92 persons, mostly engineers, but that the cost for human resources still only increased by €3 million, which is less than €33k per new recruit, including all taxes. In other words: Engineers at STR are very poorly paid. (Or, perhaps more likely, this German publication is wrong.)

ISLAMATRON

Did they take into account FOTA cost savings? We all know FOTA has saved F1 :wink: Thank you FOTA for saving our beloved F1 while Honda, BMW and Toyota bailed on us.

If it wasnt for FOTA ther is no way that we could possibly have 26 cars on the grid in Bahrain :wink: , unless of course Ferrari was running a 13th car for Enzo's great grand neice

marcush.

exactly my thoughts... in germany you would have to put quite a percentage on top of that for taxes ,insurance etc having to be paid by the company..

i can see no sense in quoting figures after deducting benefits coming from wherever....
as of course the aim will be to make profit or at least get a breakeven at the end of the year ,so you have the expenses on one side and the earnings coming from sponsors ,TV rights etc on the other side....the rest is mateschitz ,be it plus or minus....right?

PlatinumZealot

My guess is that those 92 are NOT mostly engineers..and maybe some of the engineers that where hired were just "contracted" engineers they just work for a number of weeks or months.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

marcush.

n smikle wrote:My guess is that those 92 are NOT mostly engineers..and maybe some of the engineers that where hired were just "contracted" engineers they just work for a number of weeks or months.
would you work for that sort of money in the pinnacle of spending, best recources?
sorry but this is 2700 gross per month ... and its not actually a 9to5 job,isn´t it?
I saw a job offer for a superviser for aldi supermarket as you can find in every little town in germany ,estimated 1500squaremeters ,with a maximum of say 10 employees ....at 3200€ per month...and this is 40 hours of easy management...no question i would prefer to work in F1 ...but not for that money.

also f1 mechanics are not paid that low that is for sure.