Mosley re-elected

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
manchild

Mosley re-elected

http://www.f1technical.net/news/1258
Max Mosley was unanimously re-elected President of Motorsport's governing body, the FIA, in Rome today. However, as he was the only candidate, it was a given that he'd get 100 percent of the votes
Why this reminds me on Saddam, Milosevic, Gaddafi, Castro, Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini...? :roll:

Elections were obviously prepared according to old family recipe :lol:

DaveKillens

Although I believe Mosley's positive contributions to Formula One are long past, and he needs to step aside, I do have to admire his political acumen.
This is a man who was under attack from many directions in mid season, yet now, he has come out of it all even stronger, and with a tighter hold on his power. This guy is one tough political animal, dangerous when cornered.
Max once said that he wouldn't quit as long as there were problems to deal with. Well, he has most of his agenda completed for this year, and has crushed many "problems". I hope he now decides to step aside while on top, and retires.
And I'd like to remember his last act, the bringing of this wing thing, with an appropriate comment.

Max, you gave us a new aerodynamic configuration, which essentially is a hole where the rear wing used to reside. (Max's Gap)
Somehow, it all seems appropriate, where you wind up with a lot of air blowing through a hole.

Scuderia_Russ

Why didn't Paul 'tight lips' Stoddart oppose him? Why does no one else think they can do a better job?
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

manchild

No one sane messes with ruthless dictators :wink:

manchild

Last edited by manchild on 05 Nov 2005, 18:44, edited 2 times in total.

RH1300S

Look up Oswald Mosley........(related :wink: )

While you are at it - look up Roderick Spode (PG Wodehouse) - very funny take on dictators :D

Scuderia_Russ

Yep, his old man was a right loon!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-