Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
djos

Re: Red Bull RB6

SoliRossi wrote:
djos wrote:
Confused_Andy wrote:ffs... If you work for them, cool. If your a fan, dont post with "we" your not a part of the team.
It's no different to football fans who are club members saying "we" so relax!

FWIW, I'm a Mark Webber Fan club member.
djos, I myself follow Mark more than the team as well. However have gained an affinity with RBR due to his involvement.

Using 'we' when referring to a team could be a cultural thing. In Australia AFL followers always refer to their team as 'we'. Possibly the difference in culture and local vernacular causes confusion in such instances.
That's what I was trying to say but not quite as well. :) (Im an Aussie too)
"In downforce we trust"

ISLAMATRON

SoliRossi wrote:Ringo that is a great response. I actually completely agree with your theory about the rbr body work generating the most down force of all cars. And i think that is what caused RBR to have to revert to the slim nose at certain tracks. As possibly the wide nose set up, even with wings at a minimum, still generated to much df for some tracks.
The RB5 chassis made more DF by slimming the rear and lowering the sidepods to get maximum air to the "bridgewing" while the BGP1 created its "chassis" DF with a very maximized DDD. I'm no aero expert but it is common knowledge that underbody "ground effect" tunnels like the DDD are much more efficient (DF/drag) at creating downforce than wings are.

outer_bongolia

SoliRossi wrote:I thought RBR had confirmed use of the Renault engine for 2010, but is there an uncertainty about weahter Renault will continue in the sport? If they pull out it will certainly compramise RBR's 2010 season.
I think if Renault exits F1, they might still stay as an engine producer, since they have a very high quality customer in RBR, unlike Honda, BMW, or Toyota. Well, Toyota had Williams which used to be a good team in the previous century, but they didn't have the culture...
Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
Carl Sagan

gridwalker

outer_bongolia wrote:
SoliRossi wrote:I thought RBR had confirmed use of the Renault engine for 2010, but is there an uncertainty about weahter Renault will continue in the sport? If they pull out it will certainly compramise RBR's 2010 season.
I think if Renault exits F1, they might still stay as an engine producer, since they have a very high quality customer in RBR, unlike Honda, BMW, or Toyota. Well, Toyota had Williams which used to be a good team in the previous century, but they didn't have the culture...
I'm interested to know what you mean by "the culture" ... culture is something that develops over time & Williams has a history of winning. They got hit badly by the loss of both Renault and Adrian Newey, which started a slow but steady circle of decline.

What they lack is the investment of a large multinational corporation, which was Frank Williams' own decision, but I don't think that can be put down to "culture" but more a management philosophy.
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

Fil

It'd be a brave brave person to claim Williams has no culture!
Gridwalker, i think (i hope!) he meant culture, relating to Toyota's lack of.. and not Williams.

Its been the popular excuse for critics of Toyota's F1 team for its lack of success, and eventual pull-out.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

djos

http://www.markwebber.com/news/details. ... ectID=2264
Red Bull Racing to continue using Renault engines in 2010
16 December 2009 | 11:25pm

16 December 2009

Renault has confirmed today that it will continue to supply engines to Red Bull Racing in
2010, extending the successful partnership that has been in place since 2007. The agreement means Red Bull Racing will use identical engines to those used by the Renault F1 Team throughout the 2010 season.

Renault F1 Team President, Bernard Rey, said: “We can confirm that our productive partnership with Red Bull Racing will continue in 2010. The close relationship between Renault and Red Bull Racing has grown since 2007 – and this year it resulted in six victories and second place in the 2009 Constructors’ Championship. Together we believe that we can build on this success and contribute to Red Bull Racing’s future endeavours.”

Christian Horner, Red Bull Racing Team Principal, commented: “2009 has been Red Bull Racing’s finest season to date. In one year, we’ve achieved six wins and four one-two finishes, none of which would have been possible without the excellent support and assistance we have received from our partners at Renault. We are extremely happy with the way they work with us and are looking forward to continuing our fruitful partnership with Renault in 2010.”

Ends//
Good news imo, provides the team with continuity in the engine dept and the Renault apparently has good fuel economy which will be important in 2010. 8)
"In downforce we trust"

ISLAMATRON

Red Bull to skip opening pre-season test
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80809

Could they be cooking up something really good again?

But why not take the RB5 to the first test, and at least get some tire data on these new BStones

wesley123

the team is really sure of their RB6 performance, i'll bet they have something on their car that everyone copys emidiately because it is that good, with newey you never know.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

BreezyRacer

I would be willing to bet that they don't even show all they have cooking at their first test. Just collect test data to validate wind tunnel and CFD data. The team ended the season with some pretty arrogant comments about 2010. I doubt Horner was just talking smack .. he's not like that.

djos

Only 7 days till Mr. Newey graces us with the RB6!

Im so hoping for something spectacular! [-o<
"In downforce we trust"

Raptor22

yeah can't wait either.
Its the most eagrely awaited F1 car of 2010!

raymondu999

I wonder what Newey has in store for us this time around :twisted:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

gary1203

so...Vettel's RB5 was called Kate and Kate's dirty sister
so... anyone wanna guess what would be his glorious RB6 called ?

Saribro

gary1203 wrote:what would be his glorious RB6 called ?
Johnny 9-toes

outer_bongolia

Saribro wrote:
gary1203 wrote:what would be his glorious RB6 called ?
Johnny 9-toes
Well, we're done with the "dirty sister". Gotta check out the brothels to find a good name.
Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
Carl Sagan