Animated avatars

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
imightbewrong

Animated avatars

Hi.

Is it just me or are animated avatars very annoying? Wouldn't it just be better to disallow them in the rules?

But then again it could be just a quirk of mine..

dave kumar

Re: Animated avatars

I thought it was just my age but it is very distracting.
Freedom of expression will probably win out on this one but I'm glad you mentioned it =D>
Formerly known as senna-toleman

Giblet

Age has someting to do with it? I'm 36. Does that matter?

So you don't like Ace Rimmer riding an Alligator from space??

Don't worry it won't be permanent, but Ray has some of the best avatars ever, and most if not are all animated. ie sledgehammer hitting ground. An old user, Mod something-or-other 8) used to have many entertaining ones, and Jeremy Clarck's face moving around was infinitely more distracting, but still worth seeing.

If it really bugs you, install adblock, right click, and block it. You will never have to be so distracted, and it would have taken less time than complaining about something so trivial in an online forum.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Shrek

i remember Manchild's old one was how the Bejing olympics logo was made
Spencer

imightbewrong

Giblet wrote:Age has someting to do with it? I'm 36. Does that matter?

So you don't like Ace Rimmer riding an Alligator from space??

Don't worry it won't be permanent, but Ray has some of the best avatars ever, and most if not are all animated. ie sledgehammer hitting ground. An old user, Mod something-or-other 8) used to have many entertaining ones, and Jeremy Clarck's face moving around was infinitely more distracting, but still worth seeing.

If it really bugs you, install adblock, right click, and block it. You will never have to be so distracted, and it would have taken less time than complaining about something so trivial in an online forum.
I have adblock but have it disabled on this site. It was just a suggestion on my part, I didn't want to offend anyone. I honestly don't come to this site to look at nifty avatars, I come here for the other stuff. I get my entertainment fix from other sites/forums.

So, just a suggestion, I'm not a grumpy old man :wink:

Pandamasque

The world is actually a better place BECAUSE of avatars like Ray's. Sure Giblet's gator is distracting but... that's how they are these alligators for space.

PS: I remember one member used to have an avatar with mr. Bean making millions of faces :lol: Now that was distracting!

WhiteBlue

imightbewrong wrote: So, just a suggestion, I'm not a grumpy old man :wink:
laissez faire is still the best way. it keeps people happy.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Giblet

This discussion is Ace approved.

Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

segedunum

Baaahhhhh. Smoke me a kipper.

Ray

Didn't know you guys like my avatars so much :D

Saribro

Avatars and signatures can be turned off in the board settings (I do, hate 'em), no need to prevent everyone from seeing them.

[edit]
ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=view

Mystery Steve

The avatars don't bother me. However, I've seen this as a guy's signature on another forum, and it is rather annoying:

Giblet

Mystery_Steve has the best avatar here ;)

Mystery Steve

If only I could claim credit for the idea... :D

pjobmathew

imightbewrong hows my new avatar ???? :D