Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
siskue2005

Re: Red Bull RB6

thats just a show car, just for animation purpose

BreezyRacer

I think we just saw a glimpse of the new car. The changes to the chassis in this video pretty much means that it has to be the new car. A slip in advertising or a clever leak ..???

DZRTR

siskue2005 wrote:thats just a show car, just for animation purpose
Probably, but last year they showed this video few days before official presentation of RB5. Well, it wasn't "just a show car, just for animation purpose" then.

ISLAMATRON

DIDNT THEY DO THE SAME THING LAST YEAR?

wesley123

i think it is just their show car, the car they use for special events. That car is based on the RB1 or 2 i believe, but has certain parts made to conform rules and make it look like their current f1 car.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

horse

Pierce89 wrote:I've just gotten used to Adrian Newey being on the absolute bleeding edge of new concepts and pushing the rules.
RB3, RB4 were not that special though. I'm not sure Newey is as good at "Tock" as he is at "Tick".
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

timbo

horse wrote:RB3, RB4 were not that special though. I'm not sure Newey is as good at "Tock" as he is at "Tick".
Newey strength is always when there's drastic change, he has absolutely fantastic intuition in what would be optimal design for a given set of rules.
When rules are stable his designs are often suffering from "over-refinement" that leads to poor reliability as it seems.

raymondu999

It could be just me, but wasn't he just still as strong (during his times at Williams and McLaren) even just refining designs for a new year? :oops:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

BreezyRacer

Study that video .. it really looks like the longer chassis to me and all the body panels look new, the chassis is new, not like parts from old takeoffs. Look at how high the rear of the bodywork is along with the exhaust exits, all designed to increase the wake and make the DD diffuser better.

Watch it on YouTube and get it at full resolution. It'll convince you that we are least seeing most of the new car. I imagine they left some keys parts off the car, such as diffuser parts, etc. It certainly convinces me.

siskue2005

frankly guys, do you expect them to drop their v nose .....which is even copied by the cars which dominated 2009 season?
Alomost 90% of cars have copied that design....that design gives immense advantage on Diffusor air flow

Giblet

RB3 was actually the only Adrian Newey penned car, in it's entirety.

The RB4 and RB5 feature Geoff Willis as a designer as well, and his input can not be ignored.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

outer_bongolia

DZRTR wrote: At 1:31 we can see this:
Could it be RB6? No V-nose :lol:
Good catch DZ. I went through the video and towards the beginning of 1:31, you can clearly see that car is a 3D rendering, and nothing more. I checked the video at very slo-mo for something like 10 minutes from 1:29 to 1:34 and here is what I was able to gather from the video (in addition to the new nose):

The mirrors are attached to a point close to the middle of the sidepods just like 09 car.
No fin, though, like the first version of last year's car.
A triangular engine air inlet.
The sidepod inlets look much more circular, but hard to tell.
Exhausts seem to have moved further back.

And the biggest surprise for 2010:
The rear tires are not attached to the car! :lol:

So, overall I think this is just a fluke drawing from one of the guys who work at a design or advertisement group.
Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
Carl Sagan

conni

I was told today that they are scrapping it and starting a new aero package but the same person told a similar thing about williams the other week so he is either full of it or they seen the bigmac and thought #-o

conni

axle

Giblet wrote:RB3 was actually the only Adrian Newey penned car, in it's entirety.

The RB4 and RB5 feature Geoff Willis as a designer as well, and his input can not be ignored.

From ITV-F1
Willis was credited with harnessing Newey's design flair and helping to hone it into a competitive and reliable package, as has been the case this season, when Red Bull took a massive step forward from its previous promising, but inconsistent, form to become a regular front-runner and the only serious challenger to the runaway Brawns.
- Axle

myurr

siskue2005 wrote:frankly guys, do you expect them to drop their v nose
Err... yes, it's a distinct possibility and it looks like they have if that video is correct.
siskue2005 wrote: .....which is even copied by the cars which dominated 2009 season?
Doesn't prove anything - they tried it and it works for them. Others have a different concept[/quote]
siskue2005 wrote: Alomost 90% of cars have copied that design....
Erm, may want to recount that one.
siskue2005 wrote:that design gives immense advantage on Diffusor air flow
Or maybe not, if teams aren't universally adopting it, including the team that arguably knows the design best.