Analysis of 2010 WDC and WCC Odds

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Who will win the 2010 WDC

Hamilton
27%
Schumacher
10%
Alonso
29%
Vettel
16%
Button
7%
Massa
8%
Rosberg
3%

Total votes: 125

PlatinumZealot

Re: Poll: 2010 WDC/Odds tracking thread

Massa is excellent at qualifying so after the season starts, his odds might improve somewhat.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

audifan

given exactly equal cars you would have to put your money on hamilton who was clearly the best driver at valencia ..but the odds are too short

best bet at the moment is massa who actually outperformed alonso at valencia when you factored in loads and circuit conditions

Mr Alcatraz

audifan wrote:given exactly equal cars you would have to put your money on hamilton who was clearly the best driver at valencia
I respectfully disagree with this assertion. [-X
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Moanlower

audifan wrote:given exactly equal cars you would have to put your money on hamilton who was clearly the best driver at valencia ..but the odds are too short

best bet at the moment is massa who actually outperformed alonso at valencia when you factored in loads and circuit conditions

:lol: =D> That made my day, thanks !

The thing i'm worried about is the Ferrari's fuel consumption. #-o
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

WhiteBlue

audifan wrote:given exactly equal cars you would have to put your money on hamilton who was clearly the best driver at valencia ..but the odds are too short

Both driver assessments appear to be unsupported by fact.

The Hamilton assertion is not evident from the test result as seen in this table.

The betting public clearly perceived Alonso as the better placed Ferrari driver in terms of WDC chances and the first test has not changed that. The positive show of the 2010 Ferrari has improved both drivers chances.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Scotracer

WhiteBlue wrote:

Both driver assessments appear to be unsupported by fact.

The Hamilton assertion is not evident from the test result as seen in this table.

Because your table is ridiculously short of information: stint lengths, track conditions (both temperature, pressure as well as traffic), fuel on-board and many other factors just aren't considered.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

WhiteBlue

Scotracer wrote:
Whiteblue wrote: Image

Because your table is ridiculously short of information: stint lengths, track conditions (both temperature, pressure as well as traffic), fuel on-board and many other factors just aren't considered.
:lol: QED

This board and the wider public does not have evidence that suggests that "Hamilton was clearly the best driver at Valencia"
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Scotracer

WhiteBlue wrote:
Scotracer wrote:
Whiteblue wrote: Image

This board and the wider public does not have evidence that suggests that "Hamilton was clearly the best driver at Valencia"
The information is out there ;)

WhiteBlue

Scotracer wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:
Scotracer wrote:Because your table is ridiculously short of information: stint lengths, track conditions (both temperature, pressure as well as traffic), fuel on-board and many other factors just aren't considered.

It would be awfully nice if you would share it with us. As you don't offer to do so I assume you are also not privileged to know. So also your support of the initial assertion appears to be invalid.

Scotracer

WhiteBlue wrote:
Scotracer wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:

It would be awfully nice if you would share it with us. As you don't offer to do so I assume you are also not privileged to know. So also your support of the initial assertion appears to be invalid.
:| Someone's been trying to learn logic.

The truth of the matter is I don't have enough arsed to go find it but you will find the data on the many sites that have covered the testing thus far.

I wasn't making comment on the veracity of the comment about Hamilton I as merely pointing out your graph was hideously lacking in information and it should be self-evident that it wouldn't contain the data required to form the conclusion thus making your statement irrelevant.

Now, I'm sure there are some threads you want to speculate on so I won't take up any more of your time.

WhiteBlue

This was the summary of the 2nd test

The betting after the second test session in Jerez

In the international odds Alonso takes shortest odd everywhere

From the tier one Hamilton remains stagnant on relatively long odds while Alonso continues to pull ahead. Schumacher looses support while Vettel clearly now joins this group with his RB6 race car successfully making the debut at Jerez.

From the tier two only Massa is relatively short with 9 while Button and Rosberg join Webber in the 17-21 range.

The two Ferrari drivers have enjoyed relatively good reliability and pace from their car which makes them the leaders in their group. It also looks like some people are not convinced that Alonso will walk all over Massa.

Mr Alcatraz

WB could you start posting wcc odds, I have a crazy feeling that the best bargain is going to be Renault. I don't think they are anywhere near as terminal as their situation has been portrayed. What better way to resurrect a team that by all accounts is going away, than to have a strong season. Plus from what I've seen VP is actually the real goods. RK is RK. If the odds are long enough I may have to touch that proposition.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

WhiteBlue

There is a poll on the board but the bookies havn't started yet to offer odds for WCC. I guess that will only happen when the racing season has kicked off.

dougskullery

I placed my £20 on Lewis when the odds were 11/2. Longest odds I've seen on him so far; they've already shortened to 9/2 after topping the timesheets the other day.

Absolute bargain at those odds, I reckon. Although nothing compared to Button's odds last time this year...

WhiteBlue

The purpose of the thread was more a means to track the public opinion of teams and drivers than providing info for betters. I'm actually surprised how little the change in the drivers odds are being discussed here.