F1 cars and computers

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
darksag3x

F1 cars and computers

what type of computer would an Formula car be most like? a rackmount server?

RH1300S

iPod :wink:

manchild

RH1300S wrote:iPod :wink:
nano

Steven
Owner

sorry to dissapoint you but since the question was about a computer, here's this:

if you ever bought an iPod nano for a computer, then let me challenge you by going to f1technical, me with me pc, you with your iPod ;)

Anyway, a computer... a blade server could be it ;)
or actually the new IBM blue Gene/L computer which is the current MIPS record holder. It's supplied with 65.536 processors and performs 280,6 x 10^12 floating point calculations /s. This was set few weeks ago while the previous record was not even half of that number (set by the same computer half a year ago when it was only partially completed) ;)

Imagine what would happen when some team suddenly realised a 100% gain in performance on track :shock:

how about a radical SR3?

DaveKillens

An F1 car is leading edge performance, quick and brutal. I would think of it as a radical gaming computer, with an AMD FX-57 overclocked to an inch of it's life. Dual SLI with GeForce 7800.

West

An F1 car would be like HAL2000; it will threaten you and talk to you
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

are F1 cars more like gaming machines or high-performance servers?