Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
myurr

Re: Red Bull RB6

outer_bongolia wrote: So, overall I think this is just a fluke drawing from one of the guys who work at a design or advertisement group.
It's possible, but last year they revealed their car in a video like this. My money is on this being the RB6, and can't wait to see if I'm right or not!

djos

axle wrote:
Giblet wrote:RB3 was actually the only Adrian Newey penned car, in it's entirety.

The RB4 and RB5 feature Geoff Willis as a designer as well, and his input can not be ignored.

From ITV-F1
Willis was credited with harnessing Newey's design flair and helping to hone it into a competitive and reliable package, as has been the case this season, when Red Bull took a massive step forward from its previous promising, but inconsistent, form to become a regular front-runner and the only serious challenger to the runaway Brawns.
Apparently Geoff put QA systems in place and when he was finished was when they let him go last year - I assume those systems worked well as the RB5 continued to be reliable even with massive amounts of development.
"In downforce we trust"

myurr wrote:My money is on this being the RB6, and can't wait to see if I'm right or not!
wrong ;)

djos

newbie wrote:
myurr wrote:My money is on this being the RB6, and can't wait to see if I'm right or not!
wrong ;)
agreed, that is just a barstadised demo chassis.
"In downforce we trust"

Blackout

outer_bongolia wrote:
DZRTR wrote: At 1:31 we can see this:
Could it be RB6? No V-nose :lol:
Good catch DZ. I went through the video and towards the beginning of 1:31, you can clearly see that car is a 3D rendering, and nothing more. I checked the video at very slo-mo for something like 10 minutes from 1:29 to 1:34 and here is what I was able to gather from the video (in addition to the new nose):

The mirrors are attached to a point close to the middle of the sidepods just like 09 car.
No fin, though, like the first version of last year's car.
A triangular engine air inlet.
The sidepod inlets look much more circular, but hard to tell.
Exhausts seem to have moved further back.

And the biggest surprise for 2010:
The rear tires are not attached to the car! :lol:

So, overall I think this is just a fluke drawing from one of the guys who work at a design or advertisement group.
I don't think so.
There is interesting details on this car. First of all; the airbox; RBR has never made such a thin and a triangular airbox before, and all the new cars that we saw have new airboxes...

Second, the sidepods are different; they are larger on the sides, they have different air intakes and a design à la Ferrari (top view).

This Red Bull is maybe a 'simplified' 3D RB6.

tk421

Blackout wrote:
what really sticks out to me is the floor here, mainly that it doesnt extend all the way to the rear wheel like everyone else, and also that it doesn't extend all the way to the maximum width of the car like everyone else...that is, of course, if this is the real rb6...
Best regards. I guess this explains why I'm not at my post!

Fil

can't be bothered doing the screen shot, but there's a point in that vid (1m30) where it shows the exhaust.. very 2010 McLaren-esque..

going on last year's vid, this seems to be Red Bull's cheeky sneak peek at their cars, kinda like the viral 'spy' video Williams released this year too.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

Mysticf1

Those sidepods remind me of the R29....however they seem to tighten up very early...plenty of room for a big diffuser...we shall see, its extremely hard to tell from those pics.

BreezyRacer

If you look at the sidepod access panels it looks as though they might have mounted the radiators towards the outside of the sidepod and vertical to make for a wider chassis to make add'l width for the fuel tank, thus keeping the wheelbase shorter. The extensive radiator venting on the outside surfaces of the sidepods also support this thought.

Does anyone know .. is there a max width on the chassis/tub width?

ISLAMATRON

think the max width on the fuel tank/chassis/tub is 800mm

Callum

I have a point to make, in the picture above on the head rest there is a driver name.

Surely for split second purposes a designer wouldn't bother to put in driver names on the headrest?

fizzer

Fil wrote:can't be bothered doing the screen shot, but there's a point in that vid (1m30) where it shows the exhaust.. very 2010 McLaren-esque..
I saw that too while pause-clicking through the video. Almost exactly like the McLaren, very slim packaging in the rear with the exhaust far back.

I'm thinking there are RB6 cues in this model, will be funny if it shows up w/o the v-nose.

BreezyRacer

Callum wrote:I have a point to make, in the picture above on the head rest there is a driver name.

Surely for split second purposes a designer wouldn't bother to put in driver names on the headrest?
The name I saw on the video car was S. Buemi. I found that interesting since this isn't an STR.

fizzer

BreezyRacer wrote:
The name I saw on the video car was S. Buemi. I found that interesting since this isn't an STR.
Which video are you looking at? I saw M. Webber. Check out the high-res.

BreezyRacer

fizzer wrote:
BreezyRacer wrote:
Which video are you looking at? I saw M. Webber. Check out the high-res.
I was looking at the video link in HD and paused when the car was drifting overhead and then slow motioned to a side view, then a front on view. I think that's when I saw Beumi on the side of the car. You know, if you look at the graphics at the end of the video you see Webber but that whole part of the video is full of shots of graphics and maybe three or four different chassis. I tried not to read anything into that part of the video because it was obvious they weren't shots of the car in the video.