Strange thing

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
manchild

Strange thing

Today I accidentally spotted this logo on the bottom of my granny’s coffee cup plates. It is very old and that horse is identical to one on Ferrari logo! Even the upper font is very similar!

Anyone with explanation?

ImageImage

Picture was taken with web cam so I apologize on bad quality.
Last edited by manchild on 14 Nov 2005, 07:28, edited 1 time in total.

f1.redbaron

You can't escape from them, can you? :-)

Maybe you should stop resisting them, and join the ranks. Lemme guess - NEVER!

joseff

The "Prancing Horse of Modena" really is the Prancing Horse of Stuttgart. You'll find it on the Porsche emblem.

There's this story about a WW1 ace, his mom, and Enzo Ferrari. Too lazy to look it up though.

West

Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

manchild

Yeah, but just think of the irony – Ferrari’s prancing horse and Bavaria written underneath god knows when! Like a omen (scary music goes here) :wink: … and it was at my reach all the time…perhaps I could have prevented Schuey from signing for Ferrari :wink: … ok, he is not Bavarian but still, it was “a sign” :wink:

Porsche has a horse too but it is another one. The one from plate is equal with Ferrari's.

ImageImage

Apex

manchild

I commend you for having tea and cake with your gran :D

Scuderia_Russ

As long as he wasn't pestering her for pocket money. :D
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

RH1300S

Here's the way I understand this tale:

It is supposed that Enzo Ferrari copied the emblem from Count Francesco Baracca an I talian flying ace of WW1. He, in turn is believed to have got the idea of the prancing horse from a German plane he shot down, which had the Stuttgart emblem on it's side.