Scuderia Toro Rosso STR5 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Scuderia Toro Rosso STR5 Ferrari

Look how low Alguesuari sits in the car.

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ISLAMATRON

Giblet wrote:SV said in an interview, that since rain tires were so expensive for his kart when he was a kid, that his folks couldn't afford to get new ones all the time, so he would run his slicks as long as he could in the rain, making him a better driver.

Hamilton was given all the rain tires he needed from Macca, and while he is obviously also a master in the rain, it shows that hardship can form a good driver as well as coddling sometimes.

Stop the BS please, Firstly this is the STR5 thread, not the Buemi thread, or SV or LH.

Secondly LH was a champion long before his McL association, whooping the asses of kids years older than him years before he got the McL support... matter of fact he was picking up an award for said whooping of ass when he told Ron Dennis that he would be soon whooping ass for the McL team... and then it was some time after that meeting before RD decided to back LH's ass whoopings. Stop pretending that LH and his ass whooping abilities were created in a McL lab.

ESPImperium

Just been having a look at some pics from Jerez, and heres a couple of subtle cooling elements that you wouldnt really notice due to their paint scheme.

Direct Link: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/I ... ements.jpg

Keir

ESPImperium wrote:Just been having a look at some pics from Jerez, and heres a couple of subtle cooling elements that you wouldnt really notice due to their paint scheme.

Direct Link: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/I ... ements.jpg
I don't think they're cooling slots, I believe that's the reflection of the engine cut pull.

StrFerrari4Ever

Toro Rosso have rounded off their pre-season testing programma with Sebastian Buemi today in action. The team has put its STR5 contender through its paces, totalling 3305 km for Alguersuari and a further 2441 for Buemi.

Sebastien Buemi: “I am pleased with my two days here in Barcelona. Today, we concentrated on doing a scan of various mechanical set-up options as well as some aero work. Overall, I think we are in good shape and now I’m looking forward to the first race to see where we stand compared to everyone else.”

Franz Tost: “Just two weeks from today, we will be racing in the Bahrain Grand Prix. It will be Scuderia Toro Rosso’s first ever race with a car designed totally in-house. Thanks to an intensive and effective programme through 2009 and the enormous efforts of all our staff and suppliers we were able to get our car out on schedule and I want to thank them for a job well done. Because the car was ready on time, we have made the most of the 15 days of testing, during which STR5 has enjoyed excellent reliability. We therefore managed to complete a very respectable mileage with both our drivers, despite the bad weather at the two Jerez tests. It was also important that both Jaime and Sebastien completed a full race simulation here in Barcelona. It means we can arrive at the Sakhir circuit reasonably confident as far as reliability goes. We have also seen that our two relatively inexperienced drivers have learned a lot from these test days and that they have been diligent over the winter in their physical preparation. Never before, in its five year history has Scuderia Toro Rosso gone into a season so well prepared. It just leaves the big question – how fast will we be? And the answer to that will have to wait at least until after qualifying and the race in Bahrain.”

Circuit: Circuit de Catalunya – 4.655 kms
Driver: Sebastien Buemi
Chassis: STR5 - 02
Best time: 1:22.135, 88 laps
I'd like to say Bravissimo to the entire STR squad! Their car has shown great reliability and all the mileage they covered doing various evaluations and tests I'm sure they will spring a great surprise in Bahrain.
They didn't do any qualifying simulations on the last day at Barcelona so I hope that come qualifying @ Sakhir they will shock many teams & fans alike.

Here's to a season full of success & joy! [-o<

Poleman

ESPImperium wrote:Some fantastic footage and audio here: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/03/08/t ... ola-video/
Nice video ESP...Fantastic track as weell...I miss Imola :(

raceman

ESPImperium wrote:Some fantastic footage and audio here: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/03/08/t ... ola-video/
good video
but repeated same-angle video shots made it rather dull :roll:

yeh baby, the sound is incredible :mrgreen:

thestig84

As Mclaren go outboard STR go inboard....mirrors

ESPImperium

Poleman wrote:
Nice video ESP...Fantastic track as weell...I miss Imola :(
raceman wrote:
good video
but repeated same-angle video shots made it rather dull :roll:

yeh baby, the sound is incredible :mrgreen:
Imola is a track i miss, and is why i think there should be a rotational European GP to tracks that are up to F1 spec, but can only host a race every 4 to 5 years. One reason why I personally think there should be a race like this, and if Tuyrkey gets dropped in 2011, that track could join a rotatational event. I think Imola/Istanbul/Magney Cours (If they sort the pit facilitys out)/Donnington (If they get the money to finish what was started) would all be on my list.

Yes the angles are repeditive, but the thing is that it is the audio that is full of win here.

Hope the STR-Ferarri gets some decent upgrades soon, as the car is a good baseline at current.

zgred

raceman

zgred wrote:Image
as always, nice picture zgred (may I call you imageman?? 8) ).

I am always amazed how much technology goes there to operate a simple flap of the F1 front wing! It's really an engineering marvel. hats off!

mx_tifoso

Buemi's chassis after crashing in Chinese FP1.

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

PNSD

Nice shot of the holes there.

autogyro

PNSD wrote:Nice shot of the holes there.
Also is that 'pull rod' suspension?