Competition next season?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Steven
Owner

Competition next season?

After what I have seen at Indianapolis of David Coulthard (Raikkonnen's performance was hard to judge and not competitive due to a cylindrical failure after 11 laps, hindering him to get good topspeeds) and now in qualifying at Suzuka, where both McLarens are in front of the Williams', I think I may think loudly that McLaren will be better next season that the BMW.Williams team.. actually this is also a little hope :mrgreen:

Nevertheless, Ferrari might be as untouchable as this year.
What do you guys think about the values in next year? Worst team? Teams that make the greatest leap :?:

McLarenfan

Yes, I think the same. McLaren-Mercedes will be better next year and they will get back their second place in the Constructors Championship, but, unfortunately, Ferrari will be again untouchable. I even think they might be better than this year. Anyway, F1 has always known periods where one team dominated the others (McLaren '84, '88, '89; Williams '87, '92, '93).
But in those times both drivers of the dominating team were allowed to fight against each-other and that showed some extraordinary races. Ferrari is wonderful, but it's a pity they have a number one driver.
McLaren will be the team which will make the best progress, as we all know they hired a lot of important people from other teams (such as Ferrari, Willams,...) which can only be good and resulting in good results.
McLaren's MP4-17 wasn't so bad from the "chassis" point of view, their chassis equalled Ferrari's one, but the main problem was the engine which wasn't simply powerful enough. But next year can only be better.
McLaren Forever

Coulthard Rules!

I do not know very much about the technical side of F1, but i've always been a Coulthard - fan and I will always believe in his victory!!!! :twisted:

Prille

Now i'm logged in!

Previous is mine, but i forgot to log on! :lol:

Jukebox

Re: Now i'm logged in!

It would be great if the Macs and Willies were to be more competitive against the Ferrari next year but i doubt they would ever will. One thing for sure though....McLaren seems to be on the right track again.
Ferrari forever....