Alonso to Ferrari in 2010

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Miguel

Re: Alonso to Ferrari in 2010

f1italia wrote:Who do you think the next great driver will be?
Alonso!!!!! And no, I'm not joking.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

f1italia

Miguel wrote:
f1italia wrote:Who do you think the next great driver will be?
Alonso!!!!! And no, I'm not joking.
I think Hamilton will be the next great one.

Belatti

The amount of titles is not all that counts to be great. We all know that Schoemaker went to crash with Hill to obtain one, did the same with Villeneuve and failed and then parked at Monaco and many others. We all know that Prost did the same in 1989.

And no, don´t dare to talk about Japan 1990: Senna got the pole but JMB (and Prost) had influenced the right persons to change the place to the right dirty side of the track. It seemed to be a punishment rather than a reward. But then Senna knew he had points advantage and this time he won´t let himself get f*ucked like before, so he told EVERYBODY he won´t be the second car to turn in curve no1.
Apparently Alain didn´t hear that.
Bad move Alain, big balls Ayrton.

I would put Schoe in 3rd place only because he was bloody fast and knew how to develop a car. But he is not a gentleman. With Alain I feel the same. He was fast, a clever guy when "reading" a race (even more than Schoe) a great politic, not a great person. Just go and see where he is now.

Then I see Senna and Fangio completely in another league. Not because they where from South America (ooops... just like Maradona and Pele, the two best football players ever :) ), but because they performed in some "magical" ways if you let me use that word. Just tell me when did Prost pulled a "Donington 93" or when did Schumacher get even close to what Fangio did in the Green Hell back then in 1957?

I think there is an old thread comparing Prost and Senna in 1988 and 1989, check the stadistics and you´ll realize who was faster and who had bad luck :wink:

So, the next great driver IS Alonso. Not as great as the four fantastic we are talking about, but great at last. I prefer Kimi, but I recognize he doesn´t shine the way Fernando does. Lewis has a big way to go, still. Robert is showing good speed and I frankly have not analized Vettel. Massa is fast but still there is something doesn´t convince me. And I would expect more from Bourdais, let´s see if he can adapt.

Beyond all of our lovely discussions, I would like you to observ a this picture from a great unknown contemporary arti:
All our opinions depends on the way we look at the matter :)
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

8ond

Belatti, where did you find the image? I love those images which show 2 different things depending how you look at them.

lebesset

belatti , if you believe ross brawn schu was not good at developing the car ; all he seemed to want was a little oversteer ....other than that that it was the other drivers in the team who developed the car
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be