F1 2010: Ride height adjustments during pit stops

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
autogyro

Re: F1 2010: Ride height adjustments during pit stops

Of course if you lift the car out of the gravel and park it back in parc ferme, the ride height goes fully up.
Intresting that. Hahaha

marcush.

autogyro wrote:Of course if you lift the car out of the gravel and park it back in parc ferme, the ride height goes fully up.
Intresting that. Hahaha
that would look funny in park ferme,wouldn´t it? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

autogyro

Yep, it would bring the floor right up close to the tyre.
Now there is a thing.
Last edited by autogyro on 26 Apr 2010, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.

autogyro

marcush. wrote:in fact the preloaded flapper or poppet in series with the bleed hole is the ultimate solution in my view .
this thingy is really simple and can be made absolutely selfcontained ,so nobody has to think about it ,apart from making sure not to lift the car for prolonged times before qualy .
we should try to get a patent on it.. :mrgreen:
I just get a buzz thinking of all the other teams who have not got one rushing around looking for damper modifications having read this forum.
Priceless.

marcush.

funny enough I proposed something along these lines to a UK based lmp team a few years back and learned from them that similar things (ride height gizmos ,you needed to hit the curbs really hard to lower the car to the race rh.,when not riding the curbs the car jacked itself up over the course of a lap ..cool down lap ,by the little hydrauilic pumping you did by commuting back to the pits..)had been done by at least one of the top teams..I suddenly forgot which team that was. :mrgreen: