Poll: Should we have a "Formula One Drivers" section?

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.

Should we add "Formula One Drivers" as another subforum?

Absolutely!! Brilliant Idea!!
48%
Ok that idea just sucked.
52%

Total votes: 52

raymondu999

Poll: Should we have a "Formula One Drivers" section?

Hey all. Been seeing lately a few driver-related threads. Since we have a Formula One Cars/Races forum already, why not add another one for drivers? Who's with me? :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

tommylommykins

Re: Poll: Should we have a "Formula One Drivers" section?

No!

This site is f1technical, not f1slander, f1rumour or f1slagoff. I not a fan of the desparate hamilton, or alonso teamplayer threads. The content and insight that they add is very little; not worth preserving in forums.

Enshrining those threads with their own section is not the right thing to do IMO

------------

edit: This issue appears to be under discussion in the 'what would you add to f1technical' thread... It might be worth moving this discussion there

Tim.Wright

I agree. I posted on the second page of the Hamilton one expressing that I thought it was a pretty pointless thread, then watched the f**** thing grow to 28 pages!

Keep it on the Autosport forums I think

Tim
Not the engineer at Force India

mx_tifoso

Not only should this belong in the 'what would you add to F1T' thread, but it should also be in the 'site announcements and support' section.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Hangaku

Tim.Wright wrote:I agree. I posted on the second page of the Hamilton one expressing that I thought it was a pretty pointless thread, then watched the f**** thing grow to 28 pages!

Keep it on the Autosport forums I think

Tim
I am right there with you. It's a pointless thread (as are all the driver related threads), and has no logical conclusion. Yet the moderators just let them run. Not only does it not add anything of substance to F1T, it actually takes a lot away from it too. [-X
Yer.

Pandamasque

We need 2 sections for this purpose. The 'overrated' section and the 'underrated' section. :) Plus a 'pillarbox red' section for Ferrari/barcode/Luca/eyebrowman bashers.

flynfrog

maybe we should take the top 5 posters in the driver threads and ban them for life?

Pandamasque

Or ban them for dead.

donskar

tommylommykins wrote:No!

This site is f1technical, not f1slander, f1rumour or f1slagoff. I not a fan of the desparate hamilton, or alonso teamplayer threads. The content and insight that they add is very little; not worth preserving in forums.

Enshrining those threads with their own section is not the right thing to do IMO

+1. Excellent post.

------------

edit: This issue appears to be under discussion in the 'what would you add to f1technical' thread... It might be worth moving this discussion there
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

mx_tifoso

There should be a poll option that says something like "Go back to Crash.net or some other forum".

Having drivers threads is enough IMO. And besides, the majority of the trolling, bickering, arguing, etc, is caused by people defending or attacking specific drivers. So this hardly brings any positive contributions does it.

donskar

mx_tifosi wrote:There should be a poll option that says something like "Go back to Crash.net or some other forum".

Having drivers threads is enough IMO. And besides, the majority of the trolling, bickering, arguing, etc, is caused by people defending or attacking specific drivers. So this hardly brings any positive contributions does it.
I support your tough stance completely -- here and in other threads (and I have been guilty of going a bit too far myself . . . mea culpa)
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Steven
Owner

Threads are fine, but I see no reason to create a seperate (sub)forum for driver discussions. As mx_tifosi said, driver fans (but also team fans) cause most of the bickering around here. It is enough work already to try to limit that ;)

@donskar: No reason to quote the post above yours, even when you're replying (check the updated forum rules, spread the word)

Conslusion: No driver forum any time soon :mrgreen:

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

I think this is a bad idea and it would be an invite for discussions/debates going too far. I can also see it being full of Hamilton/Schumacher/Ferrari/etc fans v Hamilton/Schumacher/Ferrari/etc non-fans. I think the threads are split up nicely enough as it is.

ISLAMATRON

Where are we to discuss the technical aspect of driving/drivers such as the report today that 67kg Hamilton can generate over 100kg of braking force... even though it came from a tabloid looking online journal?

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/177 ... ake-dancer

mx_tifoso