Silly Season 2011 Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ESPImperium

Silly Season 2011 Thread

Its that time again, people are already starting to talk about 2011 (i know this early, seems to be earlier each year) and what drivers will be where, its looking like that there is a few drivers confirmed;

Ferarri: Alonso/
Mercedes: Schumacher/Rosberg
Red Bull: Vettel/
McLaren: Button/Hamilton
Lotus: Trulli/Kovalinenn
Hispania: Senna/
Virgin: Glock/

The other seats are all up for grabs.

Not to mention that people are already looking at replacement drivers for under-performing drivers, seemingly that Liuzzi has untill Canada to raise his game or Di Resta is in for Silverstone.

Any gossip for either the current season or for 2011 already???

raymondu999

Re: SIlly Season 2011 Thread

I believe Rosberg ISN'T confirmed, and is contractless.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

mx_tifoso

RBR: Raikkonen/Vettel
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

WhiteBlue

raymondu999 wrote:I believe Rosberg ISN'T confirmed, and is contractless.
Nico has done his own bidding so we do not know how long his contract with Mercedes is. One thing is for sure. He has dealt with Haug in August 2009 and the contract has options for up to five years. Nobody knows how those options look. Considering that Nico is more than happy at Merc and Merc must be more than happy with Nico I see them at least together for three years. 2011 should be no issue at all.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

ESPImperium

Seemingly the drivers market all circles arround Webber for 2011. If he stays at Red Bull, Ferarri will keep Massa, but there are rumors at Ferarri are intrested in Webber over Kubica at current. I can see 2011 being a status quo sort of year, changes lower down the order will be done, id say Williams may have a new engine suplyer for one thing, and if Epsilion get in to F1, i can see them trying to source Renault power as well.

So far i will call it like this:

Red Bull: Webber/Vettel (Renault)
Ferarri: Alonso/Massa
McLaren: Button/Hamilton (Mercedes)
Renault: Kubica/Sutil
Force India: Heidfeld/Di Resta (Mercedes)
Williams: Barrichello/Hulkenberg (Renault)
STR: Alguersauri/Ricarrdo (Ferarri)
Sauber: Kobayashi/Bianchi(Ferarri)
Lotus: Trulli/Kovalinenn (Cosworth)
Virgin: Glock/Di Grassi (Cosworth)
Hispania: Senna/Chandhok (Cosworth)
Epsillion: Valsecchi/Buemi (Renault **OR** Cosworth)

Im not gonna say too much on tyre suppy, but i can see there being 2 manufacturers next year as an additional performance differenciator.

WhiteBlue

ESPImperium wrote:Seemingly the drivers market all circles arround Webber for 2011.
I can see there being 2 manufacturers next year as an additional performance differenciator.
I'll vote against you on both counts.

I would put equal or more money on Reikkonen or Kubica in the Red Bull seat than Webber.

I will also say that the teams will rather make their own tyres than allow two competing tyre suppliers again in F1. And if against all odds they were forced to accept two suppliers the absolutely last reason for doing that would be so that the tyres become performance differentiators again. Teams want their chassis to be performance differentiators or even their power train if they are manufacturers. Tyres are boring, black and round things that may cost you money and are a necessary evil. They are not supposed to determine who wins the show. If that happens the teams have collectively cocked up because they have allowed the tyre suppliers to steal the show.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

mx_tifoso

ESP and WB, please keep the tyre discussion out of this thread. We have the appropriate thread for that.

About Webber, I can't really see him at another team anymore, especially Ferrari. I don't think that he would fit in with the Ferrari politics and bs. He's just not that type of guy.

And he fits in so well with the RBR ambiance and the race team with Christian Horner really cements things together IMO.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

doopie2you

Ferarri: Alonso/Kubica
Red Bull: Vettel/Räikkönen
Hispania: Senna/Klien
Virgin: Glock/Di Grassi
What does IDK means?? (someone) i dont know (other dude) OMG no one knows

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Ferarri: Alonso/Vettel
Mercedes: Schumacher/Massa (if ART are not granted an entry)
Red Bull: Räikkönen/Webber
Hispania: Chandhock/Klien
Virgin: won't be around

ESPImperium

Some 2010 driver changes for concideration:

Force India: Liuzzi out for Di Resta
Hispania: Senna out for Yamamoto or Klien
Sauber: De La Rosa out for Felippi (From GP2)
Toro Rosso: Buemi out for Ricarro (From World Series)

The top 3 are more or less gonna happen during the season, the bottom one could happen, but may happen for 2011.

segedunum

We keep getting told that Webber is iminently going to sign a new contract, and he doesn't sign one. We get told that Red Bull are happy with Webber and they aren't looking elsewhere and then they tell us he's too slow. I just can't see him back there next season. He might get into Renault if Flav has any friends there.

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Webber may well make way for a returning Raikonnen with a bit of luck. [-o<

WhiteBlue

Last edited by WhiteBlue on 03 Jun 2010, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.

WhiteBlue

Unless there is more trouble at Red Bull one can expect them to continue one more year with Vettel/Webber. Marko confirmed after Monaco and again after Turkey that they intend to do a one year extension with Webber. I don't think that Webber will throw his toys and ditch the fastest car.

Red Bull: Webber/Vettel (Renault)

Ferrari should also keep Massa according to Domenicali.

Ferarri: Alonso/Massa

McLaren have no reason to change

McLaren: Button/Hamilton (Mercedes)

same for Mercedes

Renault would be ill advised to make changes

Renault: Kubica/Petrow

FI should stay with Sutil but fire Liuzzi (proably in the next two races)

Force India: Sutil/Di Resta (Mercedes)

Williams may go back to Heidfeld as Hülkenberg isn't quite the high flyer they thought. Williams engine choice will much depend of what F1 decides on power trains and KERS but will be most likely Cosworth. Degradation issues will be a temporary thing I believe.

Williams: Barrichello/Heidfeld (Cosworth)

STR not set for change

STR: Alguersauri/Buemi (Ferarri)

Sauber need a quicker driver than PdlR. Glock could be an option.

Sauber: Kobayashi/Glock (Ferrari)

I will not comment the new teams because they are all likely to make changes as drivers jockey for better seats.

ESPImperium

Glock is contracted for the next 3 seasons at Virgin, so count him out at BMW Sauber.

I think that BMW Sauber are gonna have new drivers, for certain one is gonna be Jules Bianchi, the other may be a experienced campainger, so the likes of Heidfeld would come into play here. Also watch for BMW Sauber to be taken over by ART.

Williams will stay with Hulkenberg and Barrichello, but feel that they may want to switch to Renault power but the posibility of Epsilion getting that mean they will stay with Cossie power.

Lotus are in it for the long haul, they will keep Trulli for one more year and Kovvy for the next 2 at least.

Hispania will keep Karun, but get another good driver ASAP.

Virgin will stay as is for contenuity.

Epsilion will want a good driver pairing, so Klien and Kimui may be best here. or the posibility of Buemi and Liuzzi with Klien TD.

The top teams will not change much, Kimi to Red Bull is nagging still, but if Webber does leave Red Bull for Kimi to replace him, i feel that he is gonna have Williams and posibly Renault there for him.

Force India will be Sutil and Di Resta

Str-Ferarri will ditch Buemi i feel for Daniel Ricardo.

So far, still too many plauseable posibilitys for me.