F1 in Schools Help - lightspeedrt's project

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Lightspeedrt

F1 in Schools - Lightspeedrt's project

Hey guys My names Dylan,
I am competing in the F1 in schools challenge, its my first year this year, and i have had a good look at brettsq thread but some of the things on Brett's car, i can't use as i am an apprentice and some rules have changed. I have made a Car and i would like you guys to have a look at it if you wouldn't mind. I know i don't have the rear wing yet but I would like some tips on other things that would make the overall race time lower. Yeah it kind of sucks that we have to use supplied wheels so please don't give me tips on that. Thanks :)
ImageImage

Lightspeedrt

Re: F1 in Schools Help - lightspeedrt's project

Ok so I had a real good look at that car^^ and decided i could do alot more so, with the new one the front cone protecting the C02 chamber is curved down, so its a slower accent for the air thus reducing drag (well thats the theory anyway), i also made the front wing longer and sharper so the air flow off it rather than crashing into it, the back wing is there just for regulation sakes and i don't really know a good design for the wing, so that said this car
would post a faster time right?

BenTran

Re: F1 in Schools Help - lightspeedrt's project

You might need to check those wheel wells. The rules state that 100% of the wheels must be visible when looking from above. Not sure if those side pods are going above or not. But thats just a heads up. And I recommend that you fix the the back section of the car since it just suddenly ends. Maybe try sloping it down for a better aerodynamic profile?
Benjamin Tran
Team Manager - Team Canada
Team Boca Bearing