Intake Valve and Feliks' ideas

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Feliks

Re: Intake Valve

autogyro wrote:
Hi Andrew
Congratulations on achieving such a great result.
Yes this engine will work fine and has some interesting potential IMO.
However, using the overhead crankshaft is actualy the first step in developing the 'sleeve valve' engines used in the last of the piston engined performance aircraft of the 1940s and early 50s.
Replace the two pistons with a moveable cylinder liner and move it up and down and side to side to uncover intake and exhaust ports with a small crank driven off the main crank in the lower crank case.
The culmination of this technology was achieved by Rolls Royce with the RR Crecy engine of 26 liters and a potential of nearly 5000bhp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_Crecy
Thanks, but why give links to the two-stroke engine Crecy?

In Krakow , in the Museum of Aviations (about 300 aviation engines) there is even such Hercules :

This is the fastest piston engine in the entire museum.
There is a cross-section of the engine and the Junkers (Diesel)
I have after doing these two prototypes of such experience in the construction of my engine, with the declared 3000 cm ^ 3 F1 probably say I'd do a good engine 1300 HP, speed 10 000 RPM, and it would be a diesel !

The efficiency of this engine with a Swiss physicists, Mr Daniell Hubner shots nicely to this new physical efficiency:

This is the first to improve the physical efficiency of internal combustion engine depending on the innertia.Because the efficiency of the engine is not only the P-V diagram

And I think that this is such a natural right to be, regardless of whether someone has included a variety of reasons, my engine in the Rules or not.

Regards Andrew :D
Last edited by Feliks on 18 Jul 2010, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.

autogyro

There are two of these engines in the Bristol Beaufighter that is being rebuilt at Duxford. I am assisting with.
We also have two of these engines in a hanger in Norfolk.
Plus many parts.
Do you have any Crecy engines or parts?

Feliks

autogyro wrote:There are two of these engines in the Bristol Beaufighter that is being rebuilt at Duxford. I am assisting with.
We also have two of these engines in a hanger in Norfolk.
Plus many parts.
Do you have any Crecy engines or parts?
Unfortunately I have not. But I ask the Museum, because they have to store many different parts. And I really liked his son to walk to the museum and I know a few people. Even with five years ago promised to do a link to my site, but something can not :)

This is a link to one of the Museum staff, it can ask. Leeched also part of the ME 109th Probably not as it was and probably is starting to be accumulated Crecy ...
http://www.stareskrzydla.pl/
http://www.muzeumlotnictwa.pl
You have a nice working full-time for such reconstructions.Through stories, you can learn a lot.
My prototype did not have the luck to reconstruct. Is ready to demonstrate their work :D

Regards Andrew :)

autogyro

Thank you Andrew
I will try to visit the museum at some time.
Very interesting.

Feliks

Well, who would have thought that Newcomen was so close to an adequate solution :roll:

Feliks

Beautiful simple new 4 stroke kinematics animation made at the
King Soud University.

And a little faster

Feliks

Feliks wrote:Well, who would have thought that Newcomen was so close to an adequate solution :roll:

I also very close to the Technology

Feliks

I think that this technology is very effective. Can you imagine that by doing the same movement up and down through the traditional piston-connecting rod-crankshaft to get the same ease the movement of this vehicle?
I think that it would then be much harder work. And these four , the looks on it, they not liked to work more than need.... :roll:

Feliks

However and that will had such a good humor, just take a timber and a little grease lubricated. :roll:

Do not need any oil !! :D :D

Seal or Teflon or lubricated with diesel fuel.

OIl = diesel fuel in this picture

Feliks

Some new4stroke history:

Print table of Fortran 1982 program.
I could choose from 100 of these tables, each for different angular positions of crakshafts.
Here is one of them:

Working drawing of the head:

Feliks

The first windmills pumped water in America. To sustain this good tradition, I developed a little more modern sytem for the production of electric current in a similar way of pumping water.Whether American landscape views, are water sphere.I decided to add this view to the next shot where the water will be collected water so that it could give electrical energy when draining it back into the lower reservoir.

This water will be pumped sphery as in the first versions of windmills, wind.
The wind turbine will move a small diameter, but it is a multi-blade, placed together with the hydraulic pump in the middle of a specially constructed balloon. Balloon will be tethered, as previously barrage balloons.
Only that will go along the line, hydraulic pipes, the hydraulic motor, which will be driven water pump located in the lower reservoir.The water pump will continuously pump water to sphery. Now the water falling from the lower reservoir back to the shery, will do an electric current through hydrogenerator.

Every so water sphere about the capacity of 2000 m 3, and the height 100 m can give power 10 MW for 3 minutes. If filling pumps water with the one I believe loss is managing to fill waters up, we will have it 10 MW driven with wind turbine in balloons.
Of course, the balloons could be filled up by hydrogen, because today we have very good material on the shell.
This system could be installed in any place where electricity is needed, and thus would have limited losses on the transfer.
Also low noise, and the invisibility of the rotating blades, not to interfere in coexistence with the environment.Balloons can be affixed to a height of 150 to 200 meters, where the wind is always blowing on the ground even when there is absolute silence.

some links:
http://media.primezone.com/cache/189/int/8385.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu2glpmR ... embedded#!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/21/nort ... endurance/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3n5cUaG ... r_embedded

Regards Andrew :idea:

On Saturday is the anniversary of 9 / 11, and make this possible, I decided to share with my good deed ,publication of this study.
http://www.911dayofservice.org/

Feliks

Of course, two rotate in one direction and two in the opposite direction.
You must use a very light hydraulic oil. If it were not frozen in winter.
Hydraulic pump in the balloon has the best power to weight ratio. All the airlines are working on the hydraulic actuators.
Of course, all of the balloon must be tested in the wind tunnel aerodynamic, in order to fully match the efficiency of the 21st century.

Some pictures of how to create a balloon from the inside :rolleyes:

and NASCAR wind tunnel

Feliks

There is a way to shorten a bit of flexible hydraulic tube...

Well, if it accidentally escaped gas from the balloon and so it can be :roll:

Feliks

Name : Jazz Big Band

Feliks

Rotating Dixieland Yoda.

Next Dixieland :

In some tubes can be hidden anti-missile ..