Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
JohnsonsEvilTwin

Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster

With the last of the Zonda's now upon us before Pagani unleashes its C9, I came across this video on Autocar and a few on youtube of this fantastic machine.
Lord have mercy on my soul for wanting this so bad!

I implore all petrol heads to click on this Autocar link and hear the fabulous noise this thing makes. That crack noise on upchange just adds to the drama!

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-video/paga ... eo-review/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NBNDFbh ... re=related[/youtube]
More could have been done.
David Purley

Just_a_fan

Re: Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster

=P~

Lottery win... [-o<
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

autogyro

I know a man with an electric Lotus that accelerates as well as that without any noise and with no drama at all 2010.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

autogyro wrote:I know a man with an electric Lotus that accelerates as well as that without any noise and with no drama at all 2010.
And I know a man who misses the point.....
David Purley

tomislavp4

They are beautiful from an engineering point of view but I'm not a fan of the design of these things...too many details and openings and...stuff! I prefer purer shapes.

But that doesn't mean I don't want one 8)

PNSD

Zonda's have been the nicest sounded roadgoing cars for a while now imo.

Reminisant of the old F1 v10's.

But I agree about the looks. As with most modern supercars, it looks terrible :p

JohnsonsEvilTwin

The design is well over 12 years old, and to be fair still looks the business aesthetically as it did whe it was released in 99.
It is Love or hate for sure, but dramtic all the same, and will not be a bland overweight design(albeit far from unpleasant) as with the Veyron.

The C9 replacement certainly looks like it will have softer edges, and Gullwing doors! Mercedes would be proud :lol:
David Purley

tomislavp4

That sure looks better, but they really need to redo the rear lights #-o

Is that six exhaust pipes i see? Four on the usual place and two more exiting in the diffuser?

JohnsonsEvilTwin

tomislavp4 wrote:That sure looks better, but they really need to redo the rear lights #-o

Is that six exhaust pipes i see? Four on the usual place and two more exiting in the diffuser?
I quite like the lights as they are, retains an italian flavour. And it wont age as some other designs do.
With the exhaust I think those are vents for this specific test mule, I doubt it would need more than 4 exhausts. 8)
David Purley

PNSD

Much nicer, but as you say, still keeping with its different looks!

Despite me not enjoying the look of the old Zonda, I think I would still have it over any modern Ferrari, Aston or Lambo, if only for the noise!

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Be good to see the final official version later on this year. But if it retains the sound of that fabulous V12, I would already be sold....

I want to see this thing in a ahead to head vs other supercars. Hope it retains the "beasty" nature of the Zonda and hasnt been dumbed down for the playboys.

Yea it will probably be twice the price of the 458 or MP4-12C, but this car is not designed to be made 10 000 times. It is unique, no pagani is ever the same as another. Its for rich bastards, but I think if any rich guy buys this instead of a Bugatti or Ferrari, he has my respect for balls and taste! 8)
David Purley

autogyro

The pictures of the latest one are of a test car with extra panels and lights to break up the shape.
Underneath I think it will look just the same with slight differences to everything since the Ferrari 428.
Not much of an 'art' direction to take on a shape dictated to by aero and road regulations. The faster you go the more 'samey' they become.
Like F1 cars, people with no knowledge of the technology will not be able to tell the difference.
You have to join the Clarkson motor head club and go broom broom to do that.
Fit a Fiat 500 with big speakers for sound and you would have a better art object.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

autogyro wrote: Fit a Fiat 500 with big speakers for sound and you would have a better art object.
And your reasoning is because all supercars look the same?
So fit a boom box into a supermini(that looks like a balloon on wheels, much like all other superminis) and it becomes a work of art eh?

You havent even seen the finished version yet, and I do think that art is a personal taste, a matter not really open to scientific testing.
I must admit though that your suggestion strikes me as a bit controversial.
David Purley

autogyro

An 'early' Fiat 500 not a super blob.
It would be surealistic with speakers giving that macho V12 sound and much better appreciated by true artistic minds. Controversy rocks.
Computer design in all its technical brilliance has funneled the shape of performance cars into a defined and forced commonality bordering on the horrible.
It has already done the same with passenger cars.
Once I used to know all the different models from half a mile away, now few can tell the difference. Couple that to the boring bland pastel colours they paint them in with water based second rate paint and you have completed the utter boredom program.
Take a look at the Bugatti Veyron and compare it with a proper Bugatti from the 1930s. There realy is no artistic comparison at all. The modern one might just as well be a vacuum cleaner to the artist.

G37Sam

Oh God have mercy on us [-o<.. the sound on that thing.. just speechless