Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

And do remember that the tropical weather around Singapore can tend to be quite temperamental sometimes. 10 minutes of torrential rain, followed by 5 minutes of intense sunlight, and the roads are dry as a baby's bottom. Not that they'll have any sun in the night race, of course.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Morteza

With Heidfeld driving for Sauber from this race, I wonder if he's going to wear his beautiful black Schuberth helmet or not :wink: I'm really looking froward to see how he's gonna perform with Kobayashi as his teammate.

Look what I've found on Formula1.com(and what a goof it is!!! :wink: ):

Heidfeld only parted company with BMW Sauber at the end of last year and became Mercedes GP’s reserve and test driver. In August he was released from his Mercedes contract in order to become the official tyre tester for Pirelli. He recently completed two tests for the Japanese company, who will return to the sport next year as the sole tyre supplier. His contract with BMW Sauber comes into effect on Friday.

Pirelli is Japanese? :lol:

Edit : They've corrected it and now it's written Italian.
Last edited by Morteza on 14 Sep 2010, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Raftaar

Morteza AMG wrote:With Heidfeld driving for Sauber from this race, I wonder if he's going to wear his beautiful black Schuberth helmet or not :wink: I'm really looking froward to see how he's gonna perform with Kobayashi as his teammate.
Has Heidfeld's switch been confirmed yet, or still just a roumer!!?

Personally, I appreciate the German driver, too bad he doesn't have a race seat currently. He is a solid race driver with a good smooth style, and very good at driving defencively.
Mercedes should rather not let him go, but I guess they can't give him a permanent seat.

wesley123

yes he was confirmed today
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Morteza

Raftaar wrote:
Morteza AMG wrote:With Heidfeld driving for Sauber from this race, I wonder if he's going to wear his beautiful black Schuberth helmet or not :wink: I'm really looking froward to see how he's gonna perform with Kobayashi as his teammate.
Has Heidfeld's switch been confirmed yet, or still just a roumer!!?
Here's the link :
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 11257.html
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Raftaar

Sorry! My mistake, just checked it in Formula1.com !

Great news though! Happy to know he will be racing again :D , will be of great value to Sauber, them being a team trying to find it's feet and having a promicing, but rookie driver in the other seat, will bring some stability.

As for De La Rosa, one has to feel a little sorry for him; His reminds me of Luca Badoer's situation last season, of good pedigree, but maybe past his prime. Won't be surprised if McLaren rope him back in for the ooh-so-familiar third driver role.

Dipl-Ing.

Not complaining, I'd rather see Heidfeld in an F1 car than DeLaRosa, but thats 6 German drivers on the grid now.
I find it amusing that there are more British drivers in DTM and more German drivers in F1.

sadzik

Dipl-Ing. wrote:Not complaining, I'd rather see Heidfeld in an F1 car than DeLaRosa, but thats 6 German drivers on the grid now.
I find it amusing that there are more British drivers in DTM and more German drivers in F1.
It will actually be 7 - Vettel, Rosberg, Sutil, Schumacher, Hulkenberg, Glock and now Heidfeld.

WhiteBlue

If you count in Swiss man Buemi who also speaks German you have eight German speakers. They can do the GPDA meetings in German. :wink:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

[...]
Last edited by Steven on 14 Sep 2010, 22:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed off-topic part

andartop

I'm glad to see Heidfeld returning and I'd prefer him over De la Rosa any day of the week, but I'm afraid he might pull another Fisichella there. Maybe it would have been wiser to keep De la Rosa for the remainder of this season and get Heidfeld to help develop next year's car, then do the comeback with a car he feels kinda comfortable in. Hope he will prove me wrong, but Singapore does not look to me like a track I would have liked to do a comeback in!

Don't mind if there are many Germans on the grid, but could do with a few more British drivers so that I won't have to listen to the BBC commentators praising Hami and Button throughout the whole year. Well, except on the last race.

Also hope the Singapore GP outcome will not be decided by a Safety Car.

And that Alonso's engine will last 5 races. :lol:

Here's a thought for the FIA: one set of tires for the whole season! :D
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

ecapox

andartop wrote:
I think he can use any of the previously used engines. He doesnt have to stick to the one used in Monza for the rest of the year.

WhiteBlue

Once they are blown up or used in practise he cannot use them any more. :wink:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

ecapox wrote:
andartop wrote:
I think he can use any of the previously used engines. He doesnt have to stick to the one used in Monza for the rest of the year.
Correct until they go pop.

ESPImperium

ecapox wrote:
andartop wrote:
Alonso and Massa took a new block at both Monza and Spa, meaning that they intend to use those two for the remainder of the races, probably use them for 2 races each, and have engine number 6 that was used for Saturday & Sunday sessions in Germany and Hungary as the one they will have for PF1 and FP2 with their first engine returning at Abu Dhabi as they changed that out in Parc Ferme there, and as per the rules, they can use that block for the last race. Ferarri have it fine for engine management going on my engine usage figures. No worries on that one.

Everyone but Webber, both Renaults and Heidfeld has one block remaining, the others appart from Heidfeld have 2 blocks remaining. Heidfeld now takes on De La Rosas allocation, on whitch id expect him to take a new block at Singapore so as not to make it as marginal, as De La Rosa blew 3 of his allocation and has used up 3 more of his allocations useable life, meaning he can really only use 3 blocks that all have marjinal life for the remaining 5 GPs. Id Expect Heidfeld to take a 10 place drop at Singapore, simply so he can have each of the 3 blocks he has left take 1 more GP and the 10th block to the other 2 GPs.

Webber has blown 2 engines, but with 2 new blocks has a massive advantage, and both Renaults have played it well with engines as well so those guys have a race where they can really turn the wick up and not really care. Id expect all 3 of those drivers to take a new block at Japan and Brazil just to maximise their milage. All the drivers with one fresh engine will probably take their fresh block at either Japan or Korea.

Thats my view on the way the engines will be managed for the remainder of the season. The Average driver is on his 7th block so far.

As for gearboxes, thats a effen mess, Senna has used 8, Hekki 7, and Trulli and Senna will be allowed to take a fresh one at Singapore as well. Glock is on his 8th and Di Grassi is on his 7th. The average driver is on his 5th transmission of the season so far.