Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
horse

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay Street Circuit

Potential thunderstorms on the Weather Channel's long range forecast. Only up the 24th at this point though.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

ESPImperium

raymondu999 wrote:So... predictions, everybody? :mrgreen: I think the bumpy track won't like McLaren's stiff springs, and Ferrari's traction/braking would see them in good stead here. As for Red Bull... well they're just plain fast.
McLaren have a revanped suspension coming for the rest of the GPs as Brazil and Korea are bothe expected to be quite bumpy as well. Ferarri and Mercedes trait of strong traction will be a massive advantage to them, but i cannot see past Red Bull and Renault from now on as both of those cars are the fastest overall in my opinion.

raymondu999

You place Renault ahead of McLaren and Ferrari? Wow. And I don't see how they can really improve on their bumpriding. As long as they have that barndoor of a diffuser that starves at high ride heights, macca will still be forced to run the cars low and stiff. Unless they push the retarded ignition overrun to the limits to actually feed the diffuser and save it from its starvation.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Raftaar

I am sure ESPImperium meant Ferrari when he wrote Renault, a typing mistake perhaps, surely!!

Same as others, I do not see anyone, or anything, other than either of the Red Bulls getting Pole. As for the race, the same, barring any major drama on the tight track (which is likely) . Alonso on the podium, as well.

And yes, will root for a good drive from Heidfeld! :)

ell66

ESPImperium wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:So... predictions, everybody? :mrgreen: I think the bumpy track won't like McLaren's stiff springs, and Ferrari's traction/braking would see them in good stead here. As for Red Bull... well they're just plain fast.
McLaren have a revanped suspension coming for the rest of the GPs as Brazil and Korea are bothe expected to be quite bumpy as well. Ferarri and Mercedes trait of strong traction will be a massive advantage to them, but i cannot see past Red Bull and Renault from now on as both of those cars are the fastest overall in my opinion.
wheres the source for this proposed new suspenion, first iv heard of it.
and you obvously dont mean renault. theres 3 teams clearly ahead of the pack, it will be intresting to see all there big updates though.

donskar

RBR front row.
Webber, Alonso, Hamilton, Button
Vettel DNF
But I won't bet any $ on it :lol:
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

raymondu999

Well, in the short history of Singapore, Webber has a 100% DNF record at Singapore, with Alonso and Hamilton having an appearance at all podiums at this event, (in 2008, Alonso won with Hami 3rd, and the other way around in 2009) and 2nd place has always been a German.

Based on history, maybe I'll go with a Vettel podium at least. :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ESPImperium

ell66 wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:
wheres the source for this proposed new suspenion, first iv heard of it.
and you obvously dont mean renault. theres 3 teams clearly ahead of the pack, it will be intresting to see all there big updates though.
Jenson said it was coming as part of their new high downforce package in a BBC F1 interview at Spa i think. He said there was more high downforce parts coming plus a new suspension solution to try and make the car more driveable on bumpy cuircits. He said the fact that Spa and Monza being before singapore was the plus point as they could work on the setup and parts before going into the 5 fly-aways that would ultimatly favour the Red Bulls.

donskar

raymondu999 wrote:Well, in the short history of Singapore, Webber has a 100% DNF record at Singapore, with Alonso and Hamilton having an appearance at all podiums at this event, (in 2008, Alonso won with Hami 3rd, and the other way around in 2009) and 2nd place has always been a German.

Based on history, maybe I'll go with a Vettel podium at least. :mrgreen:
I'm betting (just a lira or two :lol: ) that Vettel will crack under pressure. (That should enrage the Vettel lovers :lol: )

raymondu999

You go do that. I'm not about to stoop as low as baiting people.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

forty-two

raymondu999 wrote:(in 2008, Alonso won with Hami 3rd, and the other way around in 2009)
Personally, I would hesitate to say that Alonso "won" in 2008, let's say he crossed the line first, but winning implies that he drove the best race, when as we all know he was significantly helped to that by the now infamous crash by NPJ!

Sorry to be pedantic, but I hold that particular "victory" as a rather hollow one on Alonso's part.
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

raymondu999

By winning I mean he got the trophy of 1st place and is credited by the FIA (and still stands) that he was fastest and first to cross the line.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Raftaar

Obviously, donskar (with his "predictions" for Vettle) is making hay while the sun shines, ohh!! I mean while WhiteBlue hasn't rejoined this thread.
You are walking a tight rope donskar, better take cover when he is back!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

donskar

Raftaar wrote:Obviously, donskar (with his "predictions" for Vettle) is making hay while the sun shines, ohh!! I mean while WhiteBlue hasn't rejoined this thread.
You are walking a tight rope donskar, better take cover when he is back!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm under my desk already, HazMat suit at the ready. :lol:

raymondu999, did you not see my :lol: ??

All meant in good fun -- no "baiting" intended.

WhiteBlue

This would be the perfect opportunity for Seb to set pole and win the race start to finish. And then do it again in Korea and Suzuka. 8) 75 points for Seb from those races would be just fine for me.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)