Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

Re: Singapore Grand Prix 2010 - Marina Bay

wesley123 wrote:he knows he was there, he only didnt know where he precisely was.

This was, as regularely happens, another moronic action by Webber who again gets away with it. It i simply ridiculous that Webber can Slam hamilton in Australia this year, Barrichello in Germany last year, Now in Singapore again Hamilton, Try to overtake Kovalainen over the top and more i forgot woithout an penalty, this is ridiculous.

@Ayto; have you seen the race? It was Hamilton overtaking Webber which is discussed here
Didn't Webber have an incident with Kimi in Brazil as well, and slash Hamilton's tyre in Germany?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

dougskullery

raymondu999 wrote:
wesley123 wrote:he knows he was there, he only didnt know where he precisely was.

This was, as regularely happens, another moronic action by Webber who again gets away with it. It i simply ridiculous that Webber can Slam hamilton in Australia this year, Barrichello in Germany last year, Now in Singapore again Hamilton, Try to overtake Kovalainen over the top and more i forgot woithout an penalty, this is ridiculous.

@Ayto; have you seen the race? It was Hamilton overtaking Webber which is discussed here
Didn't Webber have an incident with Kimi in Brazil as well, and slash Hamilton's tyre in Germany?
And outbrake himself into Hamilton's rear end in Australia.

Webber has a track record of outbraking himself in high pressure situations while following other cars into a corner. I thought his drive in Singapore was fantastic, but I'm critical of his impact with Lewis, which really shouldn't have happened.

FW17

He also crashed his mountain bike into a car last winter :lol: :lol: :lol:

imightbewrong

donskar wrote:On a serious point, read somewhere (James Allen?) that Alonso's Singapore engine finished the race with over 2,500 Km on it! That is some durable engine! =D>
I think you remember wrong. The race engine only had two races, but the engine used in practice (not the same as the one used in race) had 2500km.

bar555

[...]
Last edited by Steven on 17 Oct 2010, 00:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic, removed subsequent replies
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

netoperek

put Alonso in HRT, and the driver You rate worst in RB6 before upgraded flex tests :) I bet all the money i have, that Alonso would have to look in mirrors quite often...everytime he would see blue flag ;D Point is... I quess everyone of them (F1 drivers) have qualities, quite unhuman. Main diferences between them, that can make one of them better than other are the nerves and quick, solid thinking, IMHO, not some "magical" 6 tenths...

Goran2812

netoperek wrote:put Alonso in HRT, and the driver You rate worst in RB6 before upgraded flex tests :) I bet all the money i have, that Alonso would have to look in mirrors quite often...everytime he would see blue flag ;D Point is... I quess everyone of them (F1 drivers) have qualities, quite unhuman. Main diferences between them, that can make one of them better than other are the nerves and quick, solid thinking, IMHO, not some "magical" 6 tenths...
you do realise your post makes no sense at all,right? o.O
so alonso/hamilton/any one from the top bunch would eat chandhok's or senna's dust if they were driving an RB6? I don't think so mate... you have to have skill,no matter what car you drive, the guys that are in the back of the pack don't have that skill ;)
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

netoperek

well, i tried to make my previous post mean:
They ALL have skills, it's not like only Hamilton, Alonso, Kubica and few others have it and the rest is just a bunch of punchbags. Yes, some have better racecraft, some more experience, some can better read to the situation on the road, and so on. But they ALL have what it takes to win a race in proper conditions, otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to race in F1. That's just my opinion, and if You disagree, it's fine with me, thou ;)

Goran2812

All cool mate! ;) Agree that some have more of "what it take" than the others...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

ringo

Goran2812 wrote:All cool mate! ;) Agree that some have more of "what it take" than the others...
Yep some simply have more of everything.

Alonso can man handle Vettel, Webber and Button with his hand tied behind his back.
He just needs a car within 0.3s of the redbull.
Same for Hamilton, he just needs it within 0.5s. :mrgreen:
For Sure!!

DaveKillens

Avto wrote:My understanding of this sport is nothing compared to some of the guys on this forum, so my opinion might not be the most popular one around here, but why is it that only Lewis Hamilton is allowed to race and all the other drivers should follow each other without a hint of an overtaking maneuver.
Avto, your opinion is just as valid as anyone's, no matter how many posts or their personal history in racing. There's always the first day when a person becomes interested in racing and becomes a fan. We were all newbies at one time, and that's no reason to disrespect another person.

This is an English-speaking web site, and thus a lot of Lewis Hamilton fans find there way here. That's cool because Hamilton is a great talent, hopefully one I can enjoy watching for many years to come.

Sadly, there has to be an imbalance because other drivers are not so well-represented as Lewis Hamilton. I'm sure most Spanish-speaking fans follow Alonso, and Germans follow Schumacher or Vettel, etc. So please be aware of the large percentage of Lewis Hamilton fans. Almost all of them are great people, but some get a little aggressive at times......

But as we all now know, whenever anything controversial occurs, fans get emotional. And that's cool too, because in F1T, we keep the facts and emotions separate. If you want to talk about the technical aspects of a car, you won't find opinions or emotions in there. But in this forum topic, a lot of post-race emotions are expressed. That's OK by me, I believe in freedom of speech.

What I do have a problem with, is lack of respect towards drivers, teams, and fellow forum members.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

Just_a_fan

n smikle wrote:They say that and old engine might only just loose 2hp. That's not bad at all.
I remember chatting to a Cosworth engineer at the Silverstone GP in 2003. He reckoned the engine lost c.50bhp over the course of a race weekend.

But then the Cosworth lump was nothing special...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Shrieker

As bitter for Hamilton as it was, it was a racing incident and there just wasn't enough to penalize Webber. Hamilton should've known Mark better - that he was going to strike back senslessly. In that situation there was no way Mark Webber was going to outbrake Lewis Hamilton down the inside and make a successful pass - which- no one seems to mention.

Anyway, better luck next time out in Suzuka, and keep it pinned to the metal ! That's the way we like you - and you can still do it !
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

DaveKillens

Shrieker wrote:As bitter for Hamilton as it was, it was a racing incident and there just wasn't enough to penalize Webber.
Why imply that Webber escaped punishment? That implies fault, and the race stewards did not assess any penalties for anyone.
Hamilton should've known Mark better - that he was going to strike back senslessly.
Strike back senselessly? Doesn't that also imply imcompetence in the brain department? Don't throw rocks when everyone is aware your hero crashed out in the last two races....
In that situation there was no way Mark Webber was going to outbrake Lewis Hamilton down the inside and make a successful pass - which- no one seems to mention.
I did mention that Webber was making an aggressive defence, and doing so the driver intends to re-pass his opponent. Webber did hold equal in braking, he did not sail through the corner out of control. Everything I saw on television and via pictures tells me Webber would have made it through that corner.
Anyway, better luck next time out in Suzuka, and keep it pinned to the metal ! That's the way we like you - and you can still do it!
I agree with you on this one, many fans like to cheer on a brave and aggressive driver. But Hamilton isn't the only driver out there, there are 21 other brave and aggressive drivers. Each one of them is expected to race as hard as they can, and put out a genuine effort to secure a position as high as possible.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

raymondu999

Onboard lap is up... in case anyone's interested :mrgreen:

What struck me is that... I never noticed this before, but Webbo seems to be not so good (at least in this onboard) on slow corner exits? :wtf: He's power-oversteering on every other corner exit... seemingly not very "clean" or "precise" on the exits. But then again, he got pole in Monaco, which is the king of slow... so he can't be THAT bad in the slow stuff, can he? It's just bizzare how he can be so mighty in Monaco, but in Singapore, which is similarly a street circuit with a bunch of fiddly, clumsy corners, he can't seem to keep the tail in check on corner exits...
失败者找理由,成功者找方法